PDA

View Full Version : Mailings in Iowa, including Ron's. Mitt's makes him appear to not know it's a caucus state

sailingaway
11-27-2011, 03:06 AM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/26/9043522-campaign-mailings-race-revs-up-in-iowa?threadId=3281611&commentId=60250056#c60250056

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/111126-mailer-vlg-9p.photoblog500.jpg

McDermit
11-27-2011, 03:36 AM
Romney's is big enough that it can be read... Can't see any text on RP's letter. Hrm.

Don't most precincts in IA use a secret ballot? They write their candidate's name on a piece of paper... and fewer use a show of hands?

akalucas
11-27-2011, 03:37 AM
Anybody have a copy of what ron Paul is mailing to Iowa. Would like to read it. Thanks

djruden
11-27-2011, 06:02 AM
Anybody have a copy of what ron Paul is mailing to Iowa. Would like to read it. Thanks

I received Pauls mailing over the weekend, its a quite long letter and included a copy of his Plan to Restore America as well. Pretty nice mailing compared to this little card Romney sent out. His plan can be seen on the net if you look.

IDefendThePlatform
11-27-2011, 07:00 AM
Good article too since it basically makes it Romney vs Ron Paul in Iowa.

airborne373
11-27-2011, 07:06 AM
The Ron Paul Campaign is using the "long form sales letter." For those who have studied marketing the long form sales letter is designed to be scanned or read all the way through. The thought process for the long form sales letter is that interested people will read an interesting long form letter. The bold print throughout the letter tells the story in abridged form. This gives the reader a choice and also may encourage an interested reader to read the entire letter.

These types of letters are most effective when you have a REAL product consumers can truly benefit from.

brandon
11-27-2011, 07:27 AM
The Ron Paul Campaign is using the "long form sales letter."

I'm guessing that they only sent this to confirmed supporters to solicit donations. I hope they didn't send this out to all caucus goers.

djruden
11-27-2011, 07:37 AM
I'm guessing that they only sent this to confirmed supporters to solicit donations. I hope they didn't send this out to all caucus goers.
I guess I forgot to mention, the package from Paul also contained the obligatory donation portion as well. Other than receiving a nice printed copy of his plan, it was very typical of his usual donation letters I have been receiving since the 07-08 campaign.

airborne373
11-27-2011, 07:58 AM

Yeah, I do not know what mailing list they use. But anyone who has donated in the past has seen the long form sales letter used by the Paul's.

I guess I forgot to mention, the package from Paul also contained the obligatory donation portion as well. Other than receiving a nice printed copy of his plan, it was very typical of his usual donation letters I have been receiving since the 07-08 campaign.

The long form sales letter is designed as a call to action. The donation being a call to action. RP has used this technique in TX to raise funds and smash all challengers for decades.

walt
11-27-2011, 08:25 AM
one more example of the incompetent Jesse Benton not customizing and wasting fund recommunicating to our core instead of engaging undecideds.

bluesc
11-27-2011, 08:33 AM
one more example of the incompetent Jesse Benton not customizing and wasting fund recommunicating to our core instead of engaging undecideds.

We have no idea what the campaign is currently doing to reach out to voters.

We are all aware that the campaign is way behind in fundraising, so I'm glad they are doing this. They have a multi-million dollar plan to reach out to voters in Iowa over the next month. They need the money first.

airborne373
11-27-2011, 08:43 AM

This is a tried and true winning strategy that predated Jesse B. by decades. RP has spoken about these techniques working in his congressional campaigns. They where also used successfully in The Common Wealth of Kentucky to elect Rand.

trey4sports
11-27-2011, 08:59 AM

The gov. got the piece per a tweet so it's not just going to supporters.

yeah, i'm sure you know more about running a campaign than Jesse does....

trey4sports
11-27-2011, 09:00 AM
We have no idea what the campaign is currently doing to reach out to voters.

We are all aware that the campaign is way behind in fundraising, so I'm glad they are doing this. They have a multi-million dollar plan to reach out to voters in Iowa over the next month. They need the money first.

I saw an article stating that they are planning to spend over $4 Million more in tv dollars in Iowa :eek:

RonPaulFever
11-27-2011, 09:07 AM

Have you ever posted anything here that wasn't derogatory towards Benton? You're a broken record.

djruden
11-27-2011, 09:20 AM
As someone in Iowa that speaks often about Ron Paul at work and other places, I thought it was nice receiving a copy of the plan. I am going to bring it to work with me on monday since I am always having to answer questions about what he would do as president and don't always know every little detail off the top of my head.

Aratus
11-27-2011, 07:36 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/26/9043522-campaign-mailings-race-revs-up-in-iowa?threadId=3281611&commentId=60250056#c60250056

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/111126-mailer-vlg-9p.photoblog500.jpg

the ad is looking generic and if it intended for states other than iowa, like say N.H or S.C perhaps... sailingaway is correct...its a november ad!

Tod
11-27-2011, 08:17 PM
My comment below the article:

Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who has been consistent and consistently right.
Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who diagnosed the problems long before the rest of the candidates even knew what was happening, and has proposed real, honest solutions. The other candidates can't come up with a treatment when they weren't capable of realizing the patient is sick.
Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who has demonstrated the WISDOM and UNDERSTANDING to know not only the solutions to the economic and foreign policy problems facing us, but also the solutions to the education and health care issues and how to work with the public and Congress to implement the needed changes. What's more, he is the ONLY candidate with the INTEGRITY and FORTITUDE to carry out the things he knows need done.
And THAT is why he has earned MY vote.

kylejack
11-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Romney's following a political rule that serves most campaigns well: Never punch down. If you're the frontrunner for the primaries, talk about how you're going to beat the incumbent. Romney won't throw punches unless he feels threatened.