PDA

View Full Version : Just a Guy that would like to help more .

ronpaulprez
11-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Hello all , Longtime supporter , new member as of last week . I have been engaged in the following on a daily basis:

- Phone from home ( IA and NH )

- Donations - ron paul shirts and donations towards money bombs.

- advertising - and speaking out about the Dr. whenever the opportunity arrises .

I just feel like with all this I can do more , especially in my neighborhood and really get to the younger kids 18-24 who do not even have intentions of voting, easily just in a 1 mile radius I could convert around 100 kids to would have no voted at all in the first place. I just need the resources and since PA is not where the attention is being focused to now ,I still feel that I can be better utilized to sway or convert potential voters that could really make a big difference in a state that is a battleground and not guaranteed to be a blue state this year with how these last 4 years have been .

any help or information regarding this would be most helpful

thanks

VoluntaryAmerican
11-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Welcome! Glad to hear people who aren't on forums are working as hard as you.

Have you checked local Ron Paul meetup groups?

dbill27
11-26-2011, 11:21 PM
+ Rep

Mahkato
11-26-2011, 11:29 PM
My #1 tip: Don't Spend Too Much Time on RonPaulForums.com!

ronpaulprez
11-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Thank you for the welcome. I just feel that I need to reach these people ( roughly around 2,000 ) in my immediate neighborhood that have no interest or even more scarily will vote for who ever looks most presidential or who community leaders back and tell them to, without any real education and facts of the candidates being supplied.

Tons of the young voters in this area will likely not vote at all because its seen as 1.) A waste of time . 2.) it doesn't matter who wins its going to be the same. 3.) How are they going to help me , all it ever results to is broken promises. and so on .

I can change these people and get them to rally behind this neighborhood and perhaps that will have a domino effect where I could then branch out further and further to gain more influence in Philadelphia.

I just feel lost because my support and loyalty is so strong that even as a struggling first time homeowner and the money that i used to have is dwindling down, I still try to contribute as best I can.

I just feel total frustration at those that just toss their freedoms away because they know no better.

ronpaulprez
11-26-2011, 11:37 PM
I have lurked for some time. I have seen the great things this forum can accomplish and have also been responsible for. I chose to join to gather ideas and tactics to help me in my own peculiar situation I have in PA , there are just tons of untouched people that if just given the chance to educate themselves would be become supporters, I just have to reach them

ropa2012
11-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Out of curiosity, what county? Lancaster representative here

KCIndy
11-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Hello all , Longtime supporter , new member as of last week . I have been engaged in the following on a daily basis:

- Phone from home ( IA and NH )

- Donations - ron paul shirts and donations towards money bombs.

- advertising - and speaking out about the Dr. whenever the opportunity arises .

Hey, the phone from home thing is a HUGE contribution right there! You're setting a great example just by doing that.

As far as reaching out for the youth vote, in addition to checking for Meet-Up groups, you might check and see if there is a chapter of Youth for Ron Paul http://youthforronpaul.com/ or Young Americans for Liberty http://www.yaliberty.org/ in your area.

Most of all, though, thanks for doing those phone calls. If Ron Paul says the phone from home program is the most important thing we can do for the campaign (other than donating cash) then that's good enough for me. So.... thanks thanks thanks!!! :D

... oh, yeah. Welcome to RPF!! :o

Paulitics 2011
11-27-2011, 12:44 AM
Welcome to the forums!

You mentioned that you have a lot of young people in your district, who think everyone is the same, and think that voting won't make a difference. For that symptom, I prescribe the following cure to their apathy:
The Only One We Can Trust (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohKz9OeiI0g)

If you're going door to door, try to show it on your smartphone or iPad, and if not, you can mail it to people you know (although if you just send it to unknown people it will most likely end up in the spam folder.)

Also, for a lot of links with more useful info for converting people, click here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?328979-Black-Friday-Info-Handouts).

There are a few people here giving out SuperBrochures for free, and if not you can go to RonPaulProducts to find things to buy.

ronpaulprez
11-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Out of curiosity, what county? Lancaster representative here

philadelphia county here

Eric21ND
11-28-2011, 01:28 AM
Ron Paul Products has the next best project to do by sending brochures to every precinct in Iowa.

http://www.ronpaulproducts.com/precinctiowa.html