PDA

View Full Version : A Liberals View - Voting Ron Paul

Oddone
11-26-2011, 09:50 PM
I recently talked to my Girlfriends brother about politics, and voting for Ron Paul. Her brother is a hardcore Liberal, who at times sounds like a Warhawk Neo-Con, with his postions on wars, and starting new ones. Just goes to show the two parties are the same thing in a different wraper. He also thinks we will never go under because we will keep printing money, China will keep loaning us money, and the world can't afford for our Dollar to sink. On top of that he doesn't think the downgrade of our national credit matters. Oi...

The good news is, he was already going to vote for Ron Paul. Odd? Well in his view point Ron Paul would not stand a chance up against Obama in a General Election, and he thinks Obama is still a very popular President. Now for me to talk him out of this view point, isn't going to happen, but I will gladly take his vote. So much so, I bet him $50 that if Ron Paul wins the Nomination, he would beat Obama in the General Election.

Is anyone else seeing these type of voters? I don't like their view point, but I'll take all the crossover voters I can, even if they have the above perspective.

lucent
11-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Whatever convinces them to get to the polls for Ron Paul.

IterTemporis
11-26-2011, 10:25 PM
I like this.. Liberals voting for Ron Paul in order to "keep Obama in office."

Whatever gives RP votes.. If he does get the Republican Nomination, then I cannot wait for the general election.

lucent
11-26-2011, 10:35 PM
It'll be awkward when Ron Paul wins against Obama.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-26-2011, 10:36 PM
It'll be awkward when Ron Paul wins against Obama.Not if people turn a blind eye when Obama supporters commit election fraud again.

CUnknown
11-27-2011, 12:46 AM
I've definitely run into liberals who don't really care who Obama is running against, and will vote for Ron in the primary just solely based on ending the wars, ending the Patriot Act, ending the war on drugs, etc. During the general they will vote for Obama still, though. These types can be useful in getting us past the primary, if enough of them care enough to show up at the polls. The problem is that they don't really care, so they might not show up for the primary.

IterTemporis
11-27-2011, 12:52 AM
I've definitely run into liberals who don't really care who Obama is running against, and will vote for Ron in the primary just solely based on ending the wars, ending the Patriot Act, ending the war on drugs, etc. During the general they will vote for Obama still, though. These types can be useful in getting us past the primary, if enough of them care enough to show up at the polls. The problem is that they don't really care, so they might not show up for the primary.

That is also another good point.. Ask liberals to vote for Ron Paul because at least if Obama loses, then the wars will end, the drug war will end.

anaconda
11-27-2011, 02:29 AM
I like this.. Liberals voting for Ron Paul in order to "keep Obama in office."

Unfortunately for this strategy, this is NOT what the polls say. A poll a couple of months ago showed only Romney and Paul beating Obama for a hypothetical general election. So try not to mention this to the liberal who thinks this is the way to reelect Obama!

Xenophage
11-27-2011, 03:01 AM
I recently talked to my Girlfriends brother about politics, and voting for Ron Paul. Her brother is a hardcore Liberal, who at times sounds like a Warhawk Neo-Con, with his postions on wars, and starting new ones. Just goes to show the two parties are the same thing in a different wraper. He also thinks we will never go under because we will keep printing money, China will keep loaning us money, and the world can't afford for our Dollar to sink. On top of that he doesn't think the downgrade of our national credit matters. Oi...

The good news is, he was already going to vote for Ron Paul. Odd? Well in his view point Ron Paul would not stand a chance up against Obama in a General Election, and he thinks Obama is still a very popular President. Now for me to talk him out of this view point, isn't going to happen, but I will gladly take his vote. So much so, I bet him $50 that if Ron Paul wins the Nomination, he would beat Obama in the General Election.

Is anyone else seeing these type of voters? I don't like their view point, but I'll take all the crossover voters I can, even if they have the above perspective.

This guy has really committed to being an idiot, hasn't he?

Corey
11-27-2011, 07:40 AM
I don't think it's fair to say that this is a typical "liberal for Ron Paul" voter. It sounds more like it's just some random tv watching #$@&^
I'm a conservative (paleo). I find the liberals in my life to be much less frustrating. They are annoying in their reluctance to really criticize Obama, but they are also perfectly willing to hear about Ron Paul and even vote for him. That's just my experience.

I have to add that Glen Beck, Limbaugh, Levin and all these clowns are absolute poison. Every time I meet a dysfunctional conservative, their malady is easily traced back to these propaganda artists.

milo10
11-27-2011, 08:18 AM
The problem with this is that I suspect people who say stuff like that are usually all talk.

You don't just will a Republican nomination vote into existence. You drive to the polling station on a day when you likely have other things to do, you stand in line, make your vote, then you drive home or wherever else you have to be.

People will say they are going to do this or that to show them, but usually don't.

In this case, maybe the thought that he could win the $50 will motivate him though.