PDA

View Full Version : USA Today Grassroots AD Help Advice

libertythor
11-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Wanting to do a full page ad for Ron Paul in the USA Today to get millions of business travelers who are frustrated with the situation in our country, almost always vote, but are too busy to research the issues well. We have to get them before absenteeballots are sent out!!!!!!!

I have a chipin, but won't publicize it until we get details and organization. Any links to good ads already done? Or someone can help design one targetting this important audience of potential donors.

National coverage will help boost poll ratings.

Veteran grassroots ad people with success at this help!!!!!!

The ad costs 107,000 for one day, full page and BW.

Its ambitious, but can be done with maxed donors.

ronpaulyourmom
11-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Its ambitious, but can be done with maxed and foreign donors.

Foreign donors cannot participate, even if it is grassroots. Just an FYI.

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Foreign donations would be illegal.

Sorry man.

:(

libertythor
11-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Foreign donations would be illegal.

Sorry man.

:(

Sorry just edited!!!!! But still there are tons of maxed out donors. This would need its own page and be promoted. A comittee would need to be formed and also a method for financial accountability.

Any advice or help?

ppc1040
11-06-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm pretty sure that any ad directly in support of Ron Paul falls within the purview FEC, so that maxed out donors can't use that as an end-around.

libertythor
11-06-2007, 10:09 PM
The supreme court ruled in favor of people voluntarily banding together and advocating on their own with their own money??

Any details on this? I am sure maxed out donors are giving to chipins.

ronpaulyourmom
11-06-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that any ad directly in support of Ron Paul falls within the purview FEC, so that maxed out donors can't use that as an end-around.

Not true, a donor who has maxed out to the campaign may contribute up to $5,000 to a PAC.

ppc1040
11-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Right, $5,000 to a PAC and unlimited amounts to 527s, which cannot support or oppose any specific candidate.

libertythor
11-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Still doable under those conditions. A chipin would be a PAC? It could be considered a gift?

brianbb98
11-06-2007, 10:18 PM
what if it supports everything dr paul stands for but doesnt mention his name?

LibertyEagle
11-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Still doable under those conditions. A chipin would be a PAC? It could be considered a gift?

Dude, you can't raise more than $1K without a PAC.

libertythor
11-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Dude, you can't raise more than $1K without a PAC.

Are all the other chipins doing this that are over 1K? Advice on setting up a pac please. I want to do this. We need to get some national stuff out there!!

LibertyEagle
11-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Right, $5,000 to a PAC and unlimited amounts to 527s, which cannot support or oppose any specific candidate.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong. Any individual can contribute a maximum of 5K to a given PAC, and they can do this with an unlimited number of PACs. I am not aware that there are any limits on the type of ad for which the money is used. If you believe otherwise, please point us to the FEC reg.

LibertyEagle
11-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Are all the other chipins doing this that are over 1K? Advice on setting up a pac please. I want to do this. We need to get some national stuff out there!!

Talk to Skiingff or Lord Xar. Both of them have PACs.

libertythor
11-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks. This is why I posted to begin with. Advice. :)

Lord Xar
11-06-2007, 10:32 PM
What is the readership of USA today?

The reason I ask is that if you are gonna spend 107K, then perhaps a fullpage ad in the Los Angeles Times, and the NY Times papers...

Before you endeavor to do this, find out what the readership is in terms of demographics and circulation.

"IF" you do a chipin then it can't go over 1K else the person prmoting the event would have to get a PAC. IF a person creates a PAC, then that PAC can accept up to 5K from each individual. Just Like Ron Pauls campaign cannot accept more than 2300 per person, a PAC can accept 5K per person total regardless what is given to a campaign.

So, you could get a 100 to donate 5K to "Americans United for Liberty" or "Americans United for Freedom" etc.... (ron paul pac's), and that would be 500K!!

Just think of it as mini-campaign committees that work independent of HQ, but is working towards the same goals.

EACH DONOR must be a United States Citizen - but they can be living abroad.

Energy
11-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Would the campaign ever consider doing something like this on their own?

libertythor
11-06-2007, 10:39 PM
USA Today has 5.2 million readers, and its an affluent demographic. Business air travelers almost always purchase one to read on the plane. Plus the complementary copies at upscale hotels.

Also its national!!

But maybe a bombard Iowa thing could be donw with that kind of money. Days of placement in Omaha World Herald (For Council Bluffs, IA and all of NE) and the Des Moines Register. Going to check that.

libertythor
11-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Okay...going to look into the pacs. I hope it doesn't cost much to start one. We have to get ambitious. 5000 from maxed outs that are able and willing can really make a serious difference! National poll numbers need to go up too. With more ads on a large scale more will beleive he has a chance.