PDA

View Full Version : We're tipping our strategy to our opponents on these forums

dude58677
11-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Our opponents might be reading these posts and figuring out ways to counter our moves. I suggest that the Ron Paul grassroots central be only open to members of ronpaulforums.com the way the off-topic forum is.

bluesc
11-25-2011, 09:56 PM
They could easily join up and see it. Anything secret would never be posted here. Some stuff can remain public and it won't really hurt us.

eric4186
11-25-2011, 11:06 PM
how bout like a 'trusted members forum' for secret strategy discussion where you have to have like 1000+ posts to get in?

freeforall
11-25-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure what would be the best way to deal with this, but I was listening to Rush the other day talk about the kid that kissed another kid at school (I'm forgetting details at the moment) and I swear he sounded like he was reading the comments from the the thread posted here. Ip

lucent
11-25-2011, 11:15 PM
There isn't exactly anything top secret being posted on the forum.

bluesc
11-25-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm not sure what would be the best way to deal with this, but I was listening to Rush the other day talk about the kid that kissed another kid at school (I'm forgetting details at the moment) and I swear he sounded like he was reading the comments from the the thread posted here. Ip

Someone needs to dig that up and find out. I'm curious now, even thought there's 0 possibility that he was actually reading from here and not an article linked by Drudge.

11-25-2011, 11:32 PM
So they would join up and read anyway. This isn't exactly double top secret stuff and we aren't doing anything that other grassrroots campaigns haven't.

But yeah, talking heads have quoted from here and the media does read it.

Miss Annie
11-25-2011, 11:32 PM
I really don't think that there is any way that another candidate could get a leg up on Ron Paul without using unprincipled tactics. I mean, fear mongering, pandering, race card, etc... No one, simply no one can beat Ron Paul in ethics, principles, patriotism, honesty, etc... No way in HELL!

rideurlightning
11-25-2011, 11:37 PM
how bout like a 'trusted members forum' for secret strategy discussion where you have to have like 1000+ posts to get in?

Bilderburg?

sailingaway
11-25-2011, 11:38 PM
We have trolls here with numerous posts.

green bars are better in terms of keeping trolls out, but would also keep a lot of new people and argumentative people out.

rp713
11-25-2011, 11:40 PM
i dont see the point. they dont have the grassroots support like ron.

kpitcher
11-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Yeah it'd be a shame if the other candidates found out the true identity of the secret billionaire

heavenlyboy34
11-25-2011, 11:42 PM
wouldn't work. Even if you blocked IPs, Rush could have his minions join and lurk. Matter of fact, this forum has been cited on Rush's show. :eek:

speciallyblend
11-25-2011, 11:48 PM
squirrel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBWrMQVsuak<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBWrMQVsuak">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBWrMQVsuak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBWrMQVsuak)

bluesc
11-25-2011, 11:50 PM

green bars are better in terms of keeping trolls out, but would also keep a lot of new people and argumentative people out.

Curious.. If there are known trolls, why aren't they banned?

xFiFtyOnE
11-26-2011, 12:04 AM

where is the forever alone face?

sailingaway
11-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Curious.. If there are known trolls, why aren't they banned?

mostly our bans are temporary.

Also, some ride the line.

walt
11-26-2011, 12:15 AM
trolls? you mean the people in the campaign collecting a paycheck lurking behind the scenes doing nothing but being paranoid of newcomers and trashing 2008 supporters behind their backs?

I'd say there is nothing that can fix that and will be the downfall of this attempt to elect Ron as the very thing the Libertarians say they want is what in reality they fear the most - people becoming interested and involved - the problem it creates is the isolation pity party would be over if the tipping point is reached.

Invi
11-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Silliness. If you make it #posts+ to see something, the rest of us cannot participate. Or have the slightest idea of what is going on.
Anything more private than that would be twice as bad.

They may see what we're doing, but in most cases they can not replicate it. With the forums as open as they are, a lot of our people can know what is going on and help out.

heavenlyboy34
11-26-2011, 12:52 AM
mostly our bans are temporary.

Also, some ride the line.
This^ Plus, some trolls just rejoin with different names (Fire11).

dude58677
11-26-2011, 01:42 AM
They did get a leg up on us esp with the delegate issue in Las Vegas. During the 2007-2008 campaign we were going on for months on how to become a delegate or become leader of a local GOP and then we got stopped in our tracks.

row333au
11-26-2011, 02:15 AM
Ron Paul is hoping for a public office which requires open public support .... the strength of his strategy relies on public open trust .....
Ron Paul having open campaign will force public laws and rights out in the open which makes it very hard for others to challenge openly....

scrosnoe
11-26-2011, 02:29 AM
Of necessity must use core principles and real names when vetting people in trusted positions -- cannot work on a forum that allows fake names. That is why the real work occurs elsewhere on a local level and face to face.

Jeremy Tyler
11-26-2011, 02:30 AM
Trolls can also be funny as long as you realize that they are trolls.

Muwahid
11-26-2011, 03:00 AM
Most people here aren't exactly campaign strategists. The grassroots is only powerful because of numbers and determination, no money another candidate spends, can match the will of people, it can't be bought or sold. They've tried to copy and mimic it and failed. This forum and others are purely organic that's the whole point!

anaconda
11-26-2011, 03:15 AM
Bilderburg?

Ok...1500+ forum posts and your Bilderberg invitation from either 2009 or 2010. Bohemian Grove alumni get special guest status.

BUSHLIED
11-26-2011, 03:24 AM
its true these forums are kinda out in the open...easily exploited...who really owns the internet? the CIA right?

I'd be cool with never using the INTERNET for personal use

incidentally an old friend is secret service as in military not civilian and he couldn't/wouldn't tell me much, he just said, he doesn't have a facebook profile and never will...and I that I shouldn't either...we finished our lunch and parted ways after that conversation...he was a childhood friend, long story but by the look in his eyes i knew he was trying to tell me something...chances were, he was even being followed or under surveillance

McDermit
11-26-2011, 03:46 AM

And people who haven't posted a whole lot since the addition of the rep system.

Revolution9
11-26-2011, 08:35 AM
i dont see the point. they dont have the grassroots support like ron.

That is what I was thinking. Go ahead and steal a grassroots plan..and then go and get some grassroots to implement it. har-de-har-har. We win by default.

Rev9

Revolution9
11-26-2011, 08:38 AM
where is the forever alone face?

What does this mean?

Rev9

PaulConventionWV
11-26-2011, 08:42 AM
I really don't think that there is any way that another candidate could get a leg up on Ron Paul without using unprincipled tactics. I mean, fear mongering, pandering, race card, etc... No one, simply no one can beat Ron Paul in ethics, principles, patriotism, honesty, etc... No way in HELL!

You forgot the evil laugh.

acptulsa
11-26-2011, 09:05 AM
I'll tell you what's worse.

We're letting them try to talk people out of doing good things that would help get the man elected. Right here, in the threads of the people who think them up. And we're letting people pose as us and pretend to be everything we're not, but which they try to paint us as being. And we tend to tell them how we're countering their attacks before we actually counter them, too. All right here.

And we keep making gains anyway, in spite of it all. What the hell are they going to do?

pen_thief
11-26-2011, 10:30 AM

Welp...only ~900 posts to go.
lol

InTradePro
11-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Our opponents might be reading these posts and figuring out ways to counter our moves. I suggest that the Ron Paul grassroots central be only open to members of ronpaulforums.com the way the off-topic forum is.
Agreed.

seapilot
11-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Welp...only ~900 posts to go.
lol

Eating some of this might help.

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~ddgarcia/gifs/spam.gif

airborne373
11-26-2011, 11:30 AM

What? Like a council of 13?

Liberating free humanity cannot be done in secret. imo

AlexG
11-26-2011, 11:31 AM
It dosent matter if they see our strategies, their candidate is inferior to Ron Paul. The reason behind Ron Paul's success = Ron Paul + Grassroots. They can get teh grassroots but they'll never get Ron Paul

libertyfanatic
11-26-2011, 11:36 AM
It's amazing that some libertarians are supporting such secrecy.

rideurlightning
11-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Ok...1500+ forum posts and your Bilderberg invitation from either 2009 or 2010. Bohemian Grove alumni get special guest status.

Hahaha I'm so down.

sailingaway
11-26-2011, 11:46 AM
They did get a leg up on us esp with the delegate issue in Las Vegas. During the 2007-2008 campaign we were going on for months on how to become a delegate or become leader of a local GOP and then we got stopped in our tracks.

I agree with that, that is different. when we are doing delegate planning I'd be up for restricting it to people from that state, and by bars and invitation. delegates are few enough they can be vetted. More general stuff could be in the main forums so people can keep up, but there should be some private forums. If there is a project that needs a private forum, you could explain why to Josh.

Beyond that, I think we should all be aware these are public forums and keep some stuff to pms as well. But people can't pitch in and help if don't know about a project, as well.

sailingaway
11-26-2011, 11:50 AM
That is what I was thinking. Go ahead and steal a grassroots plan..and then go and get some grassroots to implement it. har-de-har-har. We win by default.

Rev9

no, they only have to block it, not implement it. They DID do that in delegate stuff last time. I wasn't a forum member then, but by that time I was lurking at DP (I couldn't get a screen name for some reason there, at the time.)

Polskash
11-26-2011, 11:50 AM

lulz

acptulsa
11-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Don't know how to break it to you, but they've tapped our phones and email already. So, why worry about it? We're still making gains...

unknown
11-26-2011, 12:02 PM

You're right but theres not much that can be done. Ive had some other concerns which I dont even want to voice just in-case they decide to do it if they aren't already.

Feeding the Abscess
11-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Ron Paul should end his campaign, so nobody else can steal his or his supporters' ideas.

heavenlyboy34
11-26-2011, 12:59 PM
It's amazing that some libertarians are supporting such secrecy.
how so? Libertarians generally support the right of being left alone, and sometimes that necessitates secrecy.

Xenophage
11-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Back in '07 and '08 there was palpable paranoia around here about this, but really.... I just don't think it matters. The whole goal is to turn out the vote. If some neo-con types are coming here and reading our posts (which everyone should know they DO), well, they might not leave as neo-cons.

iGGz
11-26-2011, 02:28 PM
http://evansheline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/o_noes.jpg

Delivered4000
11-26-2011, 02:47 PM
If the opponents read these forums, they'll probably become Ron Paul supporters eventually when they actually read our arguments

milo10
11-26-2011, 05:22 PM
I'd say there is nothing that can fix that and will be the downfall of this attempt to elect Ron as the very thing the Libertarians say they want is what in reality they fear the most - people becoming interested and involved - the problem it creates is the isolation pity party would be over if the tipping point is reached.

That's funny. :) After he's elected President, maybe we'll see an odd subculture of people who barter 1988 Libertarian campaign collectibles, and old speeches from Ron 20 years ago, with the line, "Yeah, he was really good, before he sold out and went commercial...."

Seriously, I know your point. Even now, there is a weird counterculture of losers (or victims) like the Stefan Molyneux Cult or the Randroids who don't want to be part of anything that succeeds. These people thrived on revealed truth and the seeming security of their hyper-restrictive belief system.