PDA

View Full Version : Texas border farmer has bullet-proof vest & fears for life: "worse than it's ever been"

Created4
11-25-2011, 08:20 PM
More proof that Ron Paul's goal to bring the troops home and protect the border is needed and is the best policy. From MSNBC:

FALFURRIAS, Texas — While walking along a dirt road bordering his property, a South Texas farmer complained about living in fear of Mexican traffickers smuggling drugs and illegal immigrants across his land. He would later ask his visitor not to reveal his identity, for his safety and that of his family.

"I'm a citizen of the United States. This is supposedly sovereign soil, but right now it's anybody's who happens to be crossing here," he said. "I'm a little nervous being here right now. Definitely don’t come down here after dark."

The farmer said a federal law enforcement agent told him to buy a bulletproof vest to use while working in his fields. Whenever he goes out to survey his agricultural operations, he always tells his office where he is headed, and he has purchased a high-powered rifle.

"One of the basic points of the federal government is to protect the people of this nation to secure the border, and they're not doing that," he complained.

The Obama administration and many local officials have said the U.S.-Mexican border is safer than ever and that reports of violence on the American side are wildly exaggerated. But the farmer scoffed at that argument. "I walk this soil every day and have since I was old enough to come out on my own," he said. "In this part of Texas, it is worse than it's ever been."

Full Story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45440385/ns/nightly_news/#.TtBK8WMr2dA

ShaneEnochs
11-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Know how to stop this?

Step 1: Legalize drugs.
Step 2: Let these people shoot folks crossing their land.

Problem solved.

Anti Federalist
11-25-2011, 09:40 PM
The farmer said a federal law enforcement agent told him to buy a bulletproof vest to use while working in his fields. Whenever he goes out to survey his agricultural operations, he always tells his office where he is headed, and he has purchased a high-powered rifle.

This is to be expected.

The USG has been meddling in Mexico's affairs as much as anybody else.

From gun running (a whole lot more than just "Fast and Furious") to protecting certain cartels smuggling drugs into the US from damaging Mexico's economy with NAFTA as badly as ours, look for this to continue and get worse as Mexico falls.

pcosmar
11-25-2011, 09:46 PM
This is to be expected.

The USG has been meddling in Mexico's affairs as much as anybody else.

From gun running (a whole lot more than just "Fast and Furious") to protecting certain cartels smuggling drugs into the US from damaging Mexico's economy with NAFTA as badly as ours, look for this to continue and get worse as Mexico falls.

Add to that,, creating and training new cartels. (Zeta's are a US construct)

Anti Federalist
11-25-2011, 09:47 PM

Yes, that too.

Becker
11-25-2011, 10:15 PM

so Mata Zetas are a Mexican construct? Or did the US make both sides?

Rael
11-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Put this sign on the edge of your property:

http://www.africasgotlegs.org/Images/Landmine%20Sign%20(Yellow).jpg

QuickZ06
11-25-2011, 11:16 PM
so Mata Zetas are a Mexican construct? Or did the US make both sides?

:Popcorn:

MikeStanart
11-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Put this sign on the edge of your property:

http://www.africasgotlegs.org/Images/Landmine%20Sign%20(Yellow).jpg

With a small crater near it; indicating one already was spent. Although actually having some mines would be even better.