PDA

View Full Version : GOP debate: Ron Paul stays out on a limb, frustrating rivals.

realtonygoodwin
11-25-2011, 03:18 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere, sorry if I missed it.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/69024.html

Turned to repeatedly by moderator Wolf Blitzer, Paul detailed his disagreements on renewing the PATRIOT Act, attacking Iran, supporting Israel and giving foreign aid. Those answers aren’t surprising — he’s said most of the lines he delivered Tuesday many times before — but with Paul’s core of support likely to keep him in the debates for months to come, they were a reminder of just how much of a thorn he has the potential to be in the side of the eventual nominee.

The optimist in me says, "How could someone become a thorn in his own side?"

Aratus
11-25-2011, 05:52 PM
me too!

acptulsa
11-25-2011, 06:36 PM
The rivals are frustrated because the end of that limb sits squarely in the middle of The Constitution, otherwise known as The Law of the Land, or Our Foundation For Greatness. And he and we are making people see that.

georgiaboy
11-25-2011, 06:58 PM
The days of mocking Ron Paul among the rank & file are quickly coming to an end, and the leaders know this. They are in such a Catch-22 right now it would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

Like Ron helping out Rick Perry at a previous debate ("3? no, 5, EPA"), we will soon all need to change tactics and help the prodigals gracefully come home to real republicanism, throw the fatted calf on the bbq, and together get this country on the right track.

acptulsa
11-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Like Ron helping out Rick Perry at a previous debate ("3? no, 5, EPA"), we will soon all need to change tactics and help the prodigals gracefully come home to real republicanism, throw the fatted calf on the bbq, and together get this country on the right track.

Exactly right. They don't come home enemies. They are the Prodigal Conservatives, and we must welcome them with open arms. Just like I did you people when you came home ahead of this curve.

Forty Twice
11-25-2011, 07:07 PM
When I was a kid in the 70s, it was cool to be called a liberal. Then somewhere in the '80s, conservatives gained the ability to paint someone with derision as a liberal.
It became something to be ashamed of. Democrats ran from the label and became "New Democrats" like Bill Clinton. On the other hand, there hasn't been any negative
stigma associated with being a neo-con.

It feels like our time to throw out the term neo-con as a term of derision. Paint all those neo-cons with that label. They'll soon start running from it.

affa
11-25-2011, 09:00 PM
On the other hand, there hasn't been any negative
stigma associated with being a neo-con.

really?