PDA

View Full Version : How to make a petition to shut down a police department?

Xelaetaks
11-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Hello. I want to make a petition to shut down a police department. To put it simple this department is literally in place to police one highway! They are known to harrass people and not only that the speed limit is 50 mph! Hardly anyone ever follows it. I'm convinced I can get half the state to sign the petition. Not only that my local senators are fighting to shut them down too. They think it will be a long battle but they are really working to shut them down and other senators are also in support of this. The chief of this police precient makes more money the new York state police chief and this is for one highway!!

Now my question is how can I word this petition and how do I do it in a way that it is official? I don't want to do it online because I think it undermines the petition but I want to go door to door and collects thousands if not tens of thousands of signatures. Anyone have any ideas how to do this and make it official?

Thanks.

heavenlyboy34
11-25-2011, 01:38 PM
My first thought would be to consult a lawyer. Maybe someone else here can help you with more details.

kylejack
11-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Going to be nigh impossible if it is registered with the state as an actual city. They're allowed to do this kind of crap in their borders. Maybe the city could be de-registered?

We have a serious problem with this in Texas. If you ever drive through Tenaha, make sure you drive the speed limit. Don't drive through Tenaha. They've been just straight-up robbing people.