PDA

View Full Version : VOTE HERE: Campaigning Dec 15th, Moneybomb Dec 16th - good plan?

greves
11-06-2007, 09:33 PM
The best idea (in my opinion) that's been floating around the forums in the past hour or so:

December 15th, Bill of Rights Day: Massive campaigning, "sign bomb" with thousands of signs going up across the country overnight, rallies, flyering, canvassing, etc.
December 16th, Boston Tea Party Anniversary: MASSIVE donation day that will put November 5th to shame!

Update: People really love the TeaParty07 name, and I admit it is catchy. Thus I think the best option is to think of it as:

Weekend For Liberty = Bill of Rights Day + TeaParty07, one right after the other. WFL could link to TeaParty07, or TeaParty07 could redirect to WFL - it works both ways.

Do you support this plan for the Weekend For Liberty?

James R
11-06-2007, 09:41 PM
I support the idea, but do not support Trevor getting control again. And currently, he has control of www.weekendofliberty.com. I have no problem with Trevor but I'd like to see variety in who is put in charge of these efforts. If he handed control over to the TeaParty07 organizers, then fine I'll go along with it.

greves
11-06-2007, 09:44 PM
It really doesn't matter who clicks the submit button, because we're all contributing and working together on these projects.

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 09:59 PM
I support the idea, but do not support Trevor getting control again. And currently, he has control of www.weekendofliberty.com. I have no problem with Trevor but I'd like to see variety in who is put in charge of these efforts. If he handed control over to the TeaParty07 organizers, then fine I'll go along with it.

I second this.

The whole "weekend of liberty" idea is weak anyway. The Boston Tea Party being the centralized theme is much, much stronger.

I say we go with TeaParty07 controlling this and focus on the Boston Tea Party as the theme. The rallies the day before are probably a good idea too. It will get people excited and hopefully make them donate more.

0zzy
11-06-2007, 09:59 PM
I think we need to break our previous record. So one day. Maybe. Right?

greves
11-06-2007, 10:04 PM
I second this.

The whole "weekend of liberty" idea is weak anyway. The Boston Tea Party being the centralized theme is much, much stronger.

I say we go with TeaParty07 controlling this and focus on the Boston Tea Party as the theme. The rallies the day before are probably a good idea too. It will get people excited and hopefully make them donate more.

There is no reason to think that Sunday can't be TeaParty07 as part of the Weekend For Liberty. You even mention the rallies the day before - that's because Saturday is the Bill of Rights Day - an important part of liberty and Dr. Paul's message!

Hence: Weekend For Liberty = Bill of Rights Day + TeaParty07.

justinc.1089
11-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah I know they can be together, I was just saying the emphasis should be on the Boston Tea Party as the theme, not an unclear weekend for liberty theme because thats so much broader.

But thats what I meant when I posted that. I like whats being said in the other forum with the poll, its going in the right direction I think.

I think weekend for liberty.com should promote the entire weekend, in other words the rallying day and then the donating day, and the teaparty07.com site should promote just the donating day and perhaps handle pledges and signing up and that type of thing.

austin356
11-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Records dont matter, except to the extent they maximize donations.

We will have a deadweight loss of $1-2 million if we do not have a weekday included, whether it be Friday or Monday.

Deadweight loss of just my friends and relatives would be >$700.

greves
11-06-2007, 11:00 PM
I doubt it.

NewEnd
11-06-2007, 11:02 PM
I certainly hope Trevor is involved at least, he has some experience I am sur ethe new guy could use. And trevor showed his ability to take criticism by taking down most V videos.

I like the domain TeaParty07 better.... allthough if RonPaulTeaParty.com or net is still available.....

austin356
11-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Trevor should be the one heading this up. The media is already familiar with him and it may actually draw some more attention:

"Trevor facilitates donations of 14 million to Ron Paul PCC"

nayjevin
11-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Trevor should be the one heading this up. The media is already familiar with him and it may actually draw some more attention:

"Trevor facilitates donations of 14 million to Ron Paul PCC"

tru, tru

NewEnd
11-06-2007, 11:17 PM
If trevor would take the responsibility, I would not object. He has experience, and that can count for alot.

regarding tea party:

there were alot of suggestions, bu tthat one grabbed me instantly... the other ones were not so much.

5 weeks, we could probably get 25,000 subscribers.

Time is of the essence, alot of peopel who missed out on the first, are dying to know when the next one is, and the sooner the numbers start building, teh sooner the momentum starts.

tanverenzo
11-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Time is of the essence

I agree. Plus, we can use the recent media bonanza to more widely publish the new date. Google searches and such are soon to peak...

dlb8685
11-07-2007, 12:03 AM
I don't see how the "Weekend for Liberty" concept dilutes the impact of the Tea Party fundraiser. The whole idea is that Saturday is a rally/sign bomb say, not a money bomb day. Consider this. If 100,000 Ron Paul supporters rally and wave signs in groups of three, there will be 33,000 separate Ron Paul demonstrations going on, which is more than the number of McDonald's franchises.

berkeleybound
11-07-2007, 02:22 AM
Looking at the donation rates from Nov 5th, they were constant all the way until midnight! 24 hours is not enough- they could have kept going and not tapped out so soon. The media will not report on another 'record'. We need the entire weekend to donate. Delegating campaigning to one day and donations to another is too much micromanaging.

KewlRonduderules
11-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Looking at the donation rates from Nov 5th, they were constant all the way until midnight! 24 hours is not enough- they could have kept going and not tapped out so soon. The media will not report on another 'record'. We need the entire weekend to donate. Delegating campaigning to one day and donations to another is too much micromanaging.

Disagree. There is the spill over effect like we saw yesterday and today. They will continue to donate afterward the official money bomb is over.

The media pays much attention to records. Moreover, it will be free publicity and advertising for us on the MSM like what we have been seeing in the last few days.

;)

enjerth
11-07-2007, 09:56 AM
I voted NO because I think we need to make it ONE day.