PDA

View Full Version : Paul's wife wants him to declare his patriotism more

febo
11-24-2011, 06:50 AM
... but apparently, it's not RP's style.

@9mins

http://ronpaulflix.com/2011/11/amazingly-personal-interviews-with-carol-paul-ron-paul-grand-daughters-nov-22-2011/

LibertyEagle
11-24-2011, 07:27 AM
I thought this was new, but at the end the interviewer says ronpaul2008.com. It was a great interview though.

Delivered4000
11-24-2011, 09:34 AM
I do not like the idea showing off their patriotism to win points with the public, so this one more reason I like him

Kludge
11-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Ron generally won't declare his Christianity, either. He said it's tacky pandering. I'd guess it's the same with patriotism. Pissing contest.

sailingaway
11-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Ron isn't into manipulating people with displays of personal stuff like that, he considers it tacky, clearly. Unfortunately, reality shows have made that so passe.......

If you look at his record, he's a patriot and was one before the word was cheapened, and all those mouthing it, cheapening it, are panderers. I suspect he holds that sort of behavior in deep contempt.

Ron is Ron.

I remember a video, I wish I could remember which interviewer it was, from the 2007 campaign. It was when there was this manufactured issue over whether Obama wore a flag pin, and what it meant that he didn't. (The real issue is that people felt he didn't care about US Sovereignty, which he doesn't seem to, to this day, and this was just something they could point to, I guess.)

In any event the progressive leaning interviewer, presumably to get back up for Obama's position, asked Ron eagerly, "I notice you don't wear a flag pin.....?" and Ron got the coldest look on his face and said, very quietly, "You don't want to question my patriotism."

The guy melted into a puddle and immediately changed the subject.

febo
11-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Ron isn't into manipulating people with displays of personal stuff like that, he considers it tacky, clearly. Unfortunately, reality shows have made that so passe.......

Is that what she meant? I don't think so. There are ways of declaring what's important to you that don't involve manipulation or display.

Diurdi
11-24-2011, 10:15 AM
I thought this was new, but at the end the interviewer says ronpaul2008.com. It was a great interview though.

ronpaul2008.com is a fan site that is still being maintained today. So there's no reason to assume it's from the 2008 election.

febo
11-24-2011, 10:19 AM
The interview states that the Paul's are celebrating thier 51st wedding anniversary - can anyone work it out from that?

sailingaway
11-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Is that what she meant? I don't think so. There are ways of declaring what's important to you that don't involve manipulation or display.

The classic, or old fashioned sense was to keep such things private and show it through works. Ron is VALUE. I agree, people are too lazy to look at works, or he'd be president already.

febo
11-24-2011, 10:53 AM
I think that if RP did get a little bit personal, or dare I say it, emotional, it could be that one powerful moment that defines an election.
I've posted this before - but here is Jimmy Stewart talking about the importance of just such "moments" in really touching people:

from 2 min to 4:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H9Suf4zVsk&feature=related