PDA

View Full Version : Big Loss to RP Campaign as PA Coordinator Resigns

BizmanUSA
11-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Anyone who knows Tom Kawczynski, the Pennsylvania Statewide Coordinator knows a truly ultra amazing hardworking RP supporter. Starting up many of the PA Meetups and as a peacemaker in many instances in the grassroots community Tom strengths prevailed for the effort to elect Ron Paul.

Unfortunately tonight Tom K. apparently has resigned his position with the RP Campaign.

This many others and I are sorry to read. Working with Tom was a pleasure and a lesson in focus and drive of what I see missing in so many individuals today.

I feel this is a BIG loss to this active campaign of Freedom and his input and leadership will be sorely missed!

Just my 2 cents worth.

BizmanUSA

NewEnd
11-06-2007, 09:31 PM
hmmmm.... thats odd. 4 days away from the rally, is he staying on until then, or did he resign effectively immediately?

findmemonkey
11-06-2007, 09:32 PM
why he quit? too much work?

ctb619
11-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Why did he resign?

BizmanUSA
11-06-2007, 09:33 PM
hmmmm.... thats odd. 4 days away from the rally, is he staying on until then, or did he resign effectively immediately?

From what I read it is immediately!

So SAD! :(

fedup100
11-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Can we have more info as to why he quit? Where did you read this?

garrettwombat
11-06-2007, 09:34 PM
does he still support ron paul?

0zzy
11-06-2007, 09:35 PM
what happen? he still support Paul, yes?

slantedview
11-06-2007, 09:36 PM
I know he did not agree with the campaign about the initial decision to move the rally (as most of us did not agree with the campaign about this), but, aside from that, I'd also be curious what the deal is.

BizmanUSA
why he quit? too much work?

Tom K. would take on any mountain of work as an opportunity for RP!

BizmanUSA

terlinguatx

FrankRep
11-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Probably with the stunt they pulled about relocating the rally. Pissed tons of people off.

kylejack
11-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Dear Ron Paul Campaign:
Get your head in the game and stop alienating effective advocates. You guys wouldn't believe how much Tom has done to make the campaign a success in the past few weeks.

0zzy
11-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Dear Ron Paul Campaign:
Get your head in the game and stop alienating effective advocates. You guys wouldn't believe how much Tom has done to make the campaign a success in the past few weeks.

What did they do?!

Richandler
11-06-2007, 09:39 PM
It is our responsibility to help the campaign not for the campaign to help us. If he quit for those reasons then that is the free market at work. We need NEW supporters much more than having die hard fans showing up to a rally.

BizmanUSA
does he still support ron paul?

YEP he still is a RP Supporter!

Who could not support Freedom and the Constitution - WAIT, Don't answer that!

BizmanUSA

cmc
Now let's just wait a minute, we don't know any facts yet. For all we know he had private or other reasons.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

NewEnd
11-06-2007, 09:41 PM
It is our responsibility to help the campaign not for the campaign to help us. If he quit for those reasons then that is the free market at work. We need NEW supporters much more than having die hard fans showing up to a rally.

we need both.
and we can afford both.
damn the torpedos

LibertyEagle
Oh man, he is a great guy. I know he was upset about them moving the rally, but it's back in Philly. Why would he quit now? Dang it. :(

pennycat
I too would like to know what is going on here. There sure does seem to be a lot of grassroots coordinators leaving.

Spirit of '76
I hope everything's ok with Tom. He's been an amazingly hard worker for Ron and for all of us.

BizmanUSA
11-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Can we have more info as to why he quit? Where did you read this?

From a group email put out to many PA Meetups such as 97 and 965

BizmanUSA

LibertyEagle
11-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Dear Ron Paul Campaign:

Kyle, he was part of the campaign too. It was his choice.

FrankRep
11-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Tom has my love and respect. Take a rest, good job man.

Green Mountain Boy
11-06-2007, 09:44 PM
edit: wrong thread

Cowlesy
11-06-2007, 09:46 PM
That's a big loss for Team Pennsylvania, Tom was definitely a tireless worker and really helped coordinate across the state.

kylejack
11-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Kyle, he was part of the campaign too. It was his choice.
I'm talking about the central campaign, the decision makers.

DeadheadForPaul
11-06-2007, 09:47 PM
If he quit over ALMOST relocating the event, it seems a bit childish. The reason they almost had to do that was because of a large price tag on the event. I would rather than money be spent on commercials than 1 rally which would have cost more than all other rallies combined. Luckily, it was settled and now is AT THE SAME PLACE

kylejack
11-06-2007, 09:48 PM
What did they do?!
Can't go into it.

Kregener
11-06-2007, 09:48 PM
If he quit because they...moved a rally, then just how "supportive" was he?

kylejack
11-06-2007, 09:49 PM
If he quit because they...moved a rally, then just how "supportive" was he?
Please stop making such comments about Tom. He was a tireless supporter and a hard worker.

BizmanUSA

This person has helped the RP Campaign more than any one person that I have seen in this state. I hope I haven't slighted anyone!

That is why he was appointed PA Sstatewide coordinator!

A person of logic and common sense.

BizmanUSA

Green Mountain Boy
If he quit over ALMOST relocating the event, it seems a bit childish. The reason they almost had to do that was because of a large price tag on the event. I would rather than money be spent on commercials than 1 rally which would have cost more than all other rallies combined. Luckily, it was settled and now is AT THE SAME PLACE

Let's not speculate on why he resigned until we hear it from him.

FrankRep
11-06-2007, 09:50 PM

The grassroots spend tons of money, time and energy getting the event advertised and publicized. People booked hotels and took time off of work to be able to attend it. Relocating the event was short-sided.

Cali4RonPaul
11-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Unfortunately there seems to be a trend amongst Ron Paul supporters, that being we are very independent but can we compromise?

FrankRep
11-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Let him take a break and relax. He'll come back in when he's ready.

foofighter20x
11-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Sad to see him go...

On a side note:

Let's remember one thing, people. Compromise is the grease that keeps this engine turning. None of us are perfect, nor do any of us have perfect knowledge. We are all smart--there's no doubt about that--but that doesn't mean any of us are right 100% of the time. Due to that, sometimes you gotta go with the flow.

Remember that quote from Jefferson which BLS used in his video:

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."

No one asked anyone to sell out a principle in moving the rally; it was really more a question of form and style. Was it still a bad idea to move the rally? Yeah. But should we try to work with the campaign instead of constantly bitching at them? Yeah. Should the campaign be a little more sensitive to the wants and needs of the grassroots? Yeah.

There's plenty of criticisms to go around. Pick your battles, folks. Infighting amongst ourselves is precisely what our opponents want because they know it only distracts us from bringing our "A Game" to them.

maxmerkel
11-06-2007, 09:53 PM
I know he did not agree with the campaign about the initial decision to move the rally (as most of us did not agree with the campaign about this), but, aside from that, I'd also be curious what the deal is.

THAT certainly is not the problem. Dr. Paul is a good guy as is benton and they sure as hell wanted a historical location as did we.

i think i might be related to this absurd 150K cost for the Philly rally he came up with - that is not acceptable for a state organizer.
just a wild guess, though.
if this is the case i support this decision wholehartedly.

0zzy
11-06-2007, 09:54 PM
The grassroots spend tons of money, time and energy getting the event advertised and publicized. People booked hotels and took time off of work to be able to attend it. Relocating the event was short-sided.

Well it was only, what, less than 24 hours they had that plan going on? They located back to the original location. So I dono what the problem would be. Has to be something else.

BizmanUSA
11-06-2007, 09:55 PM

Oh PLEASE stop, please don't go down that worn-out road again!

I would think there were more than just a few reasons - as a tireless and extremely dedicated RP leader and supporter Tom would just not do this.

BizmanUSA

kevman657
11-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh PLEASE stop, please don't go down that worn-out road again!

I would think there were more than just a few reasons - as a tireless and extremely dedicated RP leader and supporter Tom would just not do this.

BizmanUSA

You should have stated a reason why or waited. Now people are gonna draw their own conclusions...

kylejack
11-06-2007, 09:57 PM
You should have stated a reason why or waited. Now people are gonna draw their own conclusions...

They shouldn't do it at the expense of someone who has worked hard for the campaign.

maxmerkel
11-06-2007, 10:00 PM
THAT (moving philly) was certainly is not the problem. Dr. Paul is a good guy as is benton and they sure as hell wanted a historical location as did we.

i think it might be related to this absurd 150K cost for the Philly rally he came up with - this is not acceptable for a state organizer.

i have to quote myself sometimes.

alien
11-06-2007, 10:01 PM

Exactly! We already know that we are voting for him.

kylejack
11-06-2007, 10:01 PM
You don't really know the details, and what you've posted is a mischaracterization, so quote yourself all you want but it won't make you right. I'm not going to go into it, but suffice it to say that those are not the facts.

maxmerkel
11-06-2007, 10:04 PM
You don't really know the details, and what you've posted is a mischaracterization, so quote yourself all you want but it won't make you right. I'm not going to go into it, but suffice it to say that those are not the facts.

yes, but this looks like a reasonable explanation to me till i know the facts. :o

if he did resign for personal reasons or anything like this it sure is a big loss for the campaign that i regret !!

Vaughn
11-06-2007, 10:05 PM
It is probably for personal reasons, until I hear otherwise that what it is to me.

BizmanUSA
11-06-2007, 10:06 PM

OK, The last time I posted something from an email - many wrote that I was a troll and even shut down my threads.

PLEASE, do not Shoot the Messenger!

segment from Tom K. email

Good Evening Everyone,

Tonight, I have resigned my post as State Coordinator. The campaign and I have certain differences of opinion, and we are mutually and amicably parting ways.

After tonight, it is my wish to no longer be involved with the Ron Paul effort in any personal capacity, so I ask that each and all of you respect that.

BizmanUSA

James R
11-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Well I guess if I had to baselessly speculate:
Got sick of 24/7 days of hearing us yell at him in one ear, while the campaign was yelling at him back through the other :)

There is an off chance that the campaign blamed him for the "V for Vendetta" theme and forced him out. I doubt it though.

I'm sure he had one of the most stressful jobs in America!

kevman657
11-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Well I guess if I had to baselessly speculate:
Got sick of 24/7 days of hearing us yell at him in one ear, while the campaign was yelling at him back through the other :)

There is an off chance that the campaign blamed him for the "V for Vendetta" theme and forced him out. I doubt it though.

I'm sure he had one of the most stressful jobs in America!

Tom didn't come up with V for Vendetta, did he?

tmg19103
11-06-2007, 10:17 PM
What's done is done. Let's drop this thread and stay positive for the Philly Rally.

BizmanUSA
11-06-2007, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by maxmerkel
THAT (moving philly) was certainly is not the problem. Dr. Paul is a good guy as is benton and they sure as hell wanted a historical location as did we.

i think it might be related to this absurd 150K cost for the Philly rally he came up with - this is not acceptable for a state organizer.

When will the unrealistic inflation of numbers for a rally & media event in a major urban city cease?

Remember the location is a large piece of grass! Everything else is up to us to provide plus there are many rules and regulations that must be followed.

It was no where near this amount and even the high number posted on the campaign website was at $140K!

Man we could have put on a hell-of-a media event for $140K but that would be not responsible and not the Ron Paul way.

BizmanUSA

sandersondavis
11-06-2007, 10:23 PM
I too would like to know what is going on here. There sure does seem to be a lot of grassroots coordinators leaving.

Yeah, a lot may be leaving. That is par for the course. It happens. The job is overwhelming. It takes its toll on family and home. It is for the most part, a thankless job. Everybody thinks they can do better than you can. Everybody feels slighted because their ideas are ignored. Everybody hates you and lets you know it. The coordinators have heard all the suggestions many times. They just don't have time to explain for the 1000th time why they can't drop everything and follow your advice. They get phone calls at 3:00am asking what the hell you meant and it is a remark you don't even remember making. When you are coordinator every one bitches to you and about you and no one says, "Thanks!" Do the RP campaign a favor and hug your coordinator today and then ask, 'What can I do?"

terlinguatx
11-06-2007, 10:28 PM

tmg19103
11-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Getting the rally moved back to the liberty bell was one of the biggest acheivements of the Philly grassroots team, and they've done a lot. This rally is going to be huge and much credit goes to them for saving it from being held in the suburds. I probably would've have quite the forums if it hadn't been saved, and november 5th donations would've taken a hit. Now we have a great rally planned at the most fittingly symbolic site in our nation, and it was worth the debate. Thanks and good luck Tom.

Well said.

Now, let's drop this thread and focus on the rally and other grassroots efforts.

Ron Paul Fan
11-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Good riddance I guess. I would never turn my back on the campaign because I believe very strongly in the freedom message. Others do not I guess and that's their prerogative. Let's forget about him and press on with the dedicated supporters we have left.

BizmanUSA
11-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Yeah, a lot may be leaving. That is par for the course. It happens. The job is overwhelming. It takes its toll on family and home. It is for the most part, a thankless job. Everybody thinks they can do better than you can. Everybody feels slighted because their ideas are ignored. Everybody hates you and lets you know it. The coordinators have heard all the suggestions many times. They just don't have time to explain for the 1000th time why they can't drop everything and follow your advice. They get phone calls at 3:00am asking what the hell you meant and it is a remark you don't even remember making. When you are coordinator every one bitches to you and about you and no one says, "Thanks!" Do the RP campaign a favor and hug your coordinator today and then ask, 'What can I do?"

Man that is SOOO True and well I would at least ask before I tried that hug thing but asking what we can do is a direct hit right on the nail's head!

Well Put

BizmanUSA

abstrusezincate
11-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Tom here.

I resigned from the campaign because I was asked to do so. However, I did so without remorse or regret, and though there are many things that could be said, I'll try to stick to the things that matter.

First, I want everyone to know (and those who know me can attest to this) that I have worked tirelessly to support Ron Paul, and the message he promotes. Though things have happened that make my personal involvement more difficult now, I still very much believe in the message. I think Ron Paul is a man of great integrity, character, and dedication, and he deserves the support of all Americans.

Second, the reason for my resignation is because the campaign felt someone else would be better suited for handling the responsibilities that they required at their level. My strengths as an organizer, and I suppose, my ultimate loyalty, has always been to the grassroots. It is my firm and abiding belief that supporters such as the great people on this forum make this campaign work, and I place my trust in faith in you and your ability to help Ron Paul succeed.

In my capacity as state coordinator, I probably revealed more information to grassroots supporters than I should have done, and more than the campaign deemed appropriate. For this judgment, I take responsibility, without blame, and accept that the campaign and I have different impressions of how to support this effort. I tendered my resignation, hoping that the person who replaces me can do a better job than I did, and is more suited for the task ahead.

None of this matters for this campaign, as the important thing that has been accomplished is the reinstatement of the Philadelphia Rally, at Independence Hall. I just want everyone to know, from the beginning, I was a tireless advocate for that site, and it gladdens me so much to see it is being held there. More than anyone else, I knew what that meant to the people in my state, and though I don't take credit for its resuscitation, no one was happier to see it work out for the best.

I also want to thank those of you who stood behind me through this whole deal. It actually really touched me how many people have written kind words, and all your support makes it so worthwhile. No matter what happens in this campaign (although I certainly want to see victory!), the people who are out there promoting this, who I have worked with and who you are working with are really what make it special, and I hope you all get a chance to appreciate that.

As for me, I will continue to help those who want my help, and spread the message in a more subdued way. Maybe state coordinator wasn't the best fit as I'm probably too honest for my own good, but I will continue spreading the good word, and that is what matters. We all do what we can.

Yours,
Tom

abstrusezincate
11-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Also, I'd ask that the mods remove any titles attached to my name. :) I wouldn't want to be accused of misrepresenting myself.

NewEnd
11-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Wow.

Thanks for your work Tom, and thanks for letting us know.

0zzy
11-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Tom here.

I resigned from the campaign because I was asked to do so. However, I did so without remorse or regret, and though there are many things that could be said, I'll try to stick to the things that matter.

First, I want everyone to know (and those who know me can attest to this) that I have worked tirelessly to support Ron Paul, and the message he promotes. Though things have happened that make my personal involvement more difficult now, I still very much believe in the message. I think Ron Paul is a man of great integrity, character, and dedication, and he deserves the support of all Americans.

Second, the reason for my resignation is because the campaign felt someone else would be better suited for handling the responsibilities that they required at their level. My strengths as an organizer, and I suppose, my ultimate loyalty, has always been to the grassroots. It is my firm and abiding belief that supporters such as the great people on this forum make this campaign work, and I place my trust in faith in you and your ability to help Ron Paul succeed.

In my capacity as state coordinator, I probably revealed more information to grassroots supporters than I should have done, and more than the campaign deemed appropriate. For this judgment, I take responsibility, without blame, and accept that the campaign and I have different impressions of how to support this effort. I tendered my resignation, hoping that the person who replaces me can do a better job than I did, and is more suited for the task ahead.

None of this matters for this campaign, as the important thing that has been accomplished is the reinstatement of the Philadelphia Rally, at Independence Hall. I just want everyone to know, from the beginning, I was a tireless advocate for that site, and it gladdens me so much to see it is being held there. More than anyone else, I knew what that meant to the people in my state, and though I don't take credit for its resuscitation, no one was happier to see it work out for the best.

I also want to thank those of you who stood behind me through this whole deal. It actually really touched me how many people have written kind words, and all your support makes it so worthwhile. No matter what happens in this campaign (although I certainly want to see victory!), the people who are out there promoting this, who I have worked with and who you are working with are really what make it special, and I hope you all get a chance to appreciate that.

As for me, I will continue to help those who want my help, and spread the message in a more subdued way. Maybe state coordinator wasn't the best fit as I'm probably too honest for my own good, but I will continue spreading the good word, and that is what matters. We all do what we can.

Yours,
Tom

Thanks for the response Tom! Thank you so much for everything you have done so far! <3<3<3<3!

Ron Paul Fan
11-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Well Tom I am sorry that I doubted your support then. Don't blame me though, blame the OP of this thread for saying that you resigned when it was actually the campaign that asked you to step down. Thank you for all of your hard work on the Philly Rally and for your continued support of Congressman Paul.

bbachtung
11-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Tom here.

Yours,
Tom

Thank you for your service and your dignified explanation.

You'll do much more at the grassroots level because you are a true rebel.

damijin
11-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Hey Tom, you have my personal appreciation, and I hope there is no bitterness between HQ and yourself. You are a true patriot, and we're happy to have you on board as a grass roots icon :)

Thanks for all the work, and I hope you continue in your efforts to elect Dr. Paul here in the trenches with the people who make it happen :)

abstrusezincate
11-06-2007, 11:36 PM
I thought it better to stress that the decision was mutual and amicable because I have no hard feelings for what the campaign does. It is a difficult job, and there are difficult decisions. While I may not agree with all those decisions, I respect that it is not pleasant making those, and respect those who make them. I do not envy the people at national, but they are people of integrity doing the best job they can.

All that being said, I feel more at home with the grassroots, and I am glad to be back where I think I belong, and where I felt I was making more of a difference.

Spirit of '76
11-06-2007, 11:43 PM
All that being said, I feel more at home with the grassroots, and I am glad to be back where I think I belong, and where I felt I was making more of a difference.

And we're glad to have you. Thanks, Tom.

Thom1776
11-06-2007, 11:48 PM
But the most important thing that we all must understand:

This is not about any one man. It's not even about Ron Paul.

It's about Americans rallying together for what may be our best, and possibly last, chance to take back our Birthright of Liberty that our forefathers laid in place for us.

ronpaulfan
11-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Thanks for posting Tom!

I don't know the details, but I know the interactions between the grassroots and the official campaign are a b****! Legalities shmegalities.

LibertyEagle
11-07-2007, 12:14 AM
I thought it better to stress that the decision was mutual and amicable because I have no hard feelings for what the campaign does. It is a difficult job, and there are difficult decisions. While I may not agree with all those decisions, I respect that it is not pleasant making those, and respect those who make them. I do not envy the people at national, but they are people of integrity doing the best job they can.

Thank you for all you did for the campaign, Tom. We're VERY glad to have you with us now!! :D

BizmanUSA
11-07-2007, 07:55 AM
And we're glad to have you. Thanks, Tom.

With all the agressive and somewhat unique ideas on this forum how about we Start a PETITION

To get RP National to withdraw its resignation request for TOM K. as PA Statewide Coordinator and to get TOM K. to withdraw his resignation so we can put the conductor of the PA Ron Paul Express train back on track leading us to victory!

While having Tom K. back in the grassroots effort would be great, Tom truly needs to be kicked upstairs to assist RP National.

This is a talent no one should shun and we should ALL welcome with open arms!

Yep, this guy is that good!

OK, sooo How do we start one of these petition things?

BizmanUSA

Originally Posted by abstrusezincate
Tom here.

Yours,
Tom

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Tom-Thank you for your hard work and devotion. I'm sure that this has been a learning and growing experience for you and will serve you well in whatever future endeavors you undertake.

James R
11-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Tom here.

Yours,
Tom

Tom, the campaign has no idea what they are losing. I thought you did a great job of speaking at the press conference and covered the relevant facts immediately. Another person in that position would have probably not done such a good job.

When I run a company some day I'll track you down just to interview you. I think they ruled you out for no other reason than you look young. Since they released ad #1 I realized most the guys you work with think five decision makers in the board room are smarter than the collective intelligence of tens of thousands of supporters, most of which are college educated.

In any case, grassroots has apparently taken over the money raising now... and whoever they put in will mostly just be along for the ride :)

Regards,
James

BizmanUSA
11-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Ditto!! & PETITION Bump Page 7 Post #70

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:21 AM
An additional comment, I don't know what Tom revealed that he wasn't supposed to reveal but from his previous remarks I get the impression that the campaign itself did not involve him in the loop enough. That decisions were being made at campaign headquarters about the rally and that he wasn't fully briefed on what was going on is a bit disturbing. It's one thing to keep your campaign strategy close to your chest and away from the public, it's another to not involve your staff fully in that strategy. If anyone from the campaign is reading this then I would ask them to think about why they are hiring people they don't trust in the first place to be an integral part of the campaign.

robofx
11-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Everybody thinks they can do better than you can. Everybody feels slighted because their ideas are ignored. Everybody hates you and lets you know it. The coordinators have heard all the suggestions many times. They just don't have time to explain for the 1000th time why they can't drop everything and follow your advice. They get phone calls at 3:00am asking what the hell you meant and it is a remark you don't even remember making. When you are coordinator every one bitches to you and about you and no one says, "Thanks!"

Yeah, and that's just the GIULIANI coordinators!

The *Ron Paul* coordinators also get threatened with Letters of Marque and Reprisal, challeneged to duels and - as God hath shewn - all other manner of hair-raising curmudgeonliness. :eek:

peruvianRP
11-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Come on ...let's not start dividing the campaing. I don't know Tom but now is not time to be against the campaing. One person can't change what we have done as a group ( unless is RP itself).

People, don't let me slap you in the face ...please.

:)

BizmanUSA
11-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Come on ...let's not start dividing the campaing. I don't know Tom but

WHO in the world said or indicated that

now is not time to be against the campaign. One person can't change what we have done as a group ( unless is RP itself). ??? :confused:

We are ALL in this to get RP a different address in Washington D.C. !!!

Getting Tom back with National would make things a bit easier - Let's work smarter NOT Harder.

BizmanUSA

walt
11-07-2007, 08:45 AM

I couldn't agree with this statement more. :)

GHoeberX
11-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Come on ...let's not start dividing the campaing. I don't know Tom but now is not time to be against the campaing. One person can't change what we have done as a group ( unless is RP itself).

Agreed. Thank you very much Tom for all the hard work. But I'm not going to sign petitions etc. else then we are wasting energy against brothers in arms.

BizmanUSA
11-07-2007, 08:54 AM
I couldn't agree with this statement more. :)

I am happy to say this was not the case with TOM

If anything it was the opposite - in the case of TOM K. the meaning of the word Sleep states a non-functional state for SLACKERS

I don't when this guy ever stopped - Where did he get his coffee?

BizmanUSA

Bradley in DC
11-07-2007, 08:57 AM

Do you KNOW why he quit with such confidence to label him childish, or are we just spreading idle baseless gossip?

BizmanUSA
11-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Do you KNOW why he quit with such confidence to label him childish, or are we just spreading idle baseless gossip?

YEP, baseless - read back to Page 7 Post # 70

BizmanUSA

maxmerkel
11-07-2007, 09:20 AM
YEP, baseless - read back to Page 7 Post # 70

BizmanUSA

:eek:
that is so stupid ! how can the campaign kick out the guy who saved independence hall ??? i'm very sorry i speculated in this thread it was for the cost of the original philly rally - sometimes i should just close my filthy mouth !
if it wasn't for him and his leak we would have a valley forge rally in a strange convention center !?! what he did looks appropriate to me.
:confused::confused::confused:

pennycat
11-07-2007, 09:24 AM
I really wish that the National campaign would listen and act on the suggestions of the grassroots more. Lord knows, we are the ones that made this campaign such a huge success and continue to drive it to victory.

And it is my continued belief that the creative minds at the grassroots dwarf anything that national can come up with. Our philosophy is that the market place knows infinitely more than centralized government. This is what should be the hallmark of our campaign. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case.

To all those nay-sayers that 'we are free as grassroots to do whatever we want,' I say show me the money. We are shoveling huge amount of funds up to Virginia. The least they could do would be to subsidize the cost of literature and yard signs. They could sell them at any price they want, but instead are trying to turn a profit on the items that we depend on to get the word out about RP. This makes no sense.

To my new found hero Tom: You Sir Are The Hope Of America!

maxmerkel
11-07-2007, 09:25 AM
I really wish that the National campaign would listen and act on the suggestions of the grassroots more. Lord knows, we are the ones that made this campaign such a huge success and continue to drive it to victory.

And it is my continued belief that the creative minds at the grassroots dwarf anything that national can come up with. Our philosophy is that the market place knows infinitely more than centralized government. This is what should be the hallmark of our campaign. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case.

To all those nay-sayers that 'we are free as grassroots to do whatever we want,' I say show me the money. We are shoveling huge amount of funds up to Virginia. The least they could do would be to subsidize the cost of literature and yard signs. They could sell them at any price they want, but instead are trying to turn a profit on the items that we depend on to get the word out about RP. This makes no sense.

amen !

abstrusezincate
11-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Everyone, I'm touched by your support. Seriously. It makes me realize just how worthwhile it is, but you don't need to put a petition together for me. I'm content to not work for the campaign, and though we have our disagreements, I believe they are doing the best they can.

It's a harder job than you think balancing all the demands that are out there, and they have many constraints that you do not. I respect and understand the need for those. It just didn't work so well for me personally, but that's okay.

I will help in my own way, and let the campaign do their own thing. As I have said many times, and as events have shown, it is truly the grassroots effort that drives this candidacy. You are the creative force, and you are the hope for reaching people. To work with that is more than good enough for me and for anyone.

As for anything else, there is no argument between us. Both the campaign and the grassroots are here to support Ron Paul and the message. In our own ways, but not at odds with one another.

But, for the record, I just want you to know I did not quit over them relocating the event. I was going to support whatever event happened publicly, and though my strong preference has always been for Independence Hall, the message is much bigger than any one rally. Even if I disagreed entirely with a decision, I would not use that to try to undermine the larger effort, because that would indeed be childish and foolish.

Even with this, all I want to see is that everyone gets focused at the job at hand, and you don't need to worry about me. Or the campaign, for that matter.

When this thing is all over, I'm sure there'll be plenty of time for war stories, and I have some good ones, but let's focus on getting the work done for now. For everyone, if you want to do me a favor, come to the Philly rally and bring as many of your friends as you can. The people here in Pennsylvania are busting their collective asses to put on a great event, and the more of you who show up, the better it will be. That'll be more than enough for me.

Yours,
Tom

maxmerkel
11-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Everyone, I'm touched by your support. Seriously. It makes me realize just how worthwhile it is, but you don't need to put a petition together for me. I'm content to not work for the campaign, and though we have our disagreements, I believe they are doing the best they can.

It's a harder job than you think balancing all the demands that are out there, and they have many constraints that you do not. I respect and understand the need for those. It just didn't work so well for me personally, but that's okay.

I will help in my own way, and let the campaign do their own thing. As I have said many times, and as events have shown, it is truly the grassroots effort that drives this candidacy. You are the creative force, and you are the hope for reaching people. To work with that is more than good enough for me and for anyone.

As for anything else, there is no argument between us. Both the campaign and the grassroots are here to support Ron Paul and the message. In our own ways, but not at odds with one another.

But, for the record, I just want you to know I did not quit over them relocating the event. I was going to support whatever event happened publicly, and though my strong preference has always been for Independence Hall, the message is much bigger than any one rally. Even if I disagreed entirely with a decision, I would not use that to try to undermine the larger effort, because that would indeed be childish and foolish.

Even with this, all I want to see is that everyone gets focused at the job at hand, and you don't need to worry about me. Or the campaign, for that matter.

When this thing is all over, I'm sure there'll be plenty of time for war stories, and I have some good ones, but let's focus on getting the work done for now. For everyone, if you want to do me a favor, come to the Philly rally and bring as many of your friends as you can. The people here in Pennsylvania are busting their collective asses to put on a great event, and the more of you who show up, the better it will be. That'll be more than enough for me.

Yours,
Tom

it is really sad that you had to leave the campaign like that. sometimes i think the campaign doesn't understand their own grassroots movement and the power it has. as someone in the forum said, and this is just one out of many examples, the ad clips the supporters created are simply MUCH better then what the campaign comes up with. a lot of people working out of believe are much more likely to come up with a good solution to a problem then 100 paid bureaucrats.

i'm glad you're not one of those !

constituent
11-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Tom here.

Yours,
Tom

hahaha.... i enjoy your posts!

who'da thunk it? welcome back to the real campaign, and congratulations on your time w/ hQ!

constituent
11-07-2007, 10:17 AM
The *Ron Paul* coordinators also get threatened with Letters of Marque and Reprisal, challeneged to duels and - as God hath shewn - all other manner of hair-raising curmudgeonliness. :eek:

well i think more duels would be a good thing.

...seriously

constituent
11-07-2007, 10:22 AM

They're just utilizing compartmentalization to it's max effectiveness. You can't blame them really. Granted the media attempts to tie the nov. 5 fundraiser to terrorism largely failed, had it not, the campaign's hands would be noticeably lacking in blood no matter what... that "no matter what" bit is the important part.

As has been proven time and again, the GR does not need the campaign to fire off one success after another, but the campaign does need us.

It doesn't hurt ron paul to walk into and benefit from our blunders, but it would hurt if he helped to construct them.... you see?

Personally, I'd like to see the campaign listen even less... just the thought of them listening in seems to cloud everyone's better judgement (around here at least).

Primbs
11-07-2007, 10:31 AM
By the time the December money bombs come around, people will not remember very well the November money bomb.

I know I will always remember Nov 5th, but the general population will just be starting to answer who is Ron Paul.

RonPaulCult
11-07-2007, 10:33 AM
I think most people reading this thread don't know Tom personally and I do so I just thought I'd confirm that the man did work tirelessly for us in Pittsburgh and in the commonwealth of Pennyslvania.

But I beg of you - please stop getting mad with the campaign and/or Tom. As others have mentioned this movement is not about people - including Ron Paul himself - it's about the constitution and regaining our freedom.

And Tom if you're reading this I hope I will be seeing you at future Pittsburgh meetups (when I get back to the burgh next month)

- "green" Mike

freelance
11-07-2007, 10:36 AM

Yours,
Tom

What a class act! Thanks for serving as a model for handling difficult situations.

tmg19103
11-07-2007, 10:58 AM
I think most people reading this thread don't know Tom personally and I do so I just thought I'd confirm that the man did work tirelessly for us in Pittsburgh and in the commonwealth of Pennyslvania.

But I beg of you - please stop getting mad with the campaign and/or Tom. As others have mentioned this movement is not about people - including Ron Paul himself - it's about the constitution and regaining our freedom.

And Tom if you're reading this I hope I will be seeing you at future Pittsburgh meetups (when I get back to the burgh next month)

- "green" Mike

Well said.

I think Tom has been a gentleman and has been gracious in how he has handled this. The way Tom worded it, it seems to be best for him personally that he is back in the grassroots.

As for the campaign, let's not blame them. Tom had a very tough job which he worked hard at, but for whatever reasons that we need not gossip about, it was not meant to be.

I also try and not be too tough on the campaign because since RP is such a fiscal conervative, they have a small staff. We are not perfect and the campaign is not perfect. RP said on Leno that he himself is not perfect - BUT the message of Liberty is. The MESSAGE is where our focus should be.

Let's look to the the future with Tom back in the grassroots as we look to have an awesome rally in Philly with many other great grassroots efforts on the horizon.

Thanks for your fantastic efforts, Tom. I'd also like to thank those at National HQ who also have tireless and many times thankless jobs where they put in 18 hour days.

What's done is done. Let's focus on the future and get RP elected!

James R
11-07-2007, 11:08 AM

- "green" Mike

Personally I'm not really that mad at the campaign... the grassroots makes mistakes of its own. In fact, they are the same mistakes made by HQ... people not listening to the consensus. It happens with the grassroots, but on a lesser scale because it gets drowned out in the noise for the most part.

Mani
11-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Tom you rock!

Things happen people and there always doesn't have to be a bad guy. Let's move on and kick some butt, sounds like Tom is more than ready!

The campaign isn't losing Tom, he's still a part of the movement. We are all in this together. We have one goal in mind and together ALL OF US, can achieve it!