PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Foreign Policy is Biblical

TomL
11-23-2011, 06:57 PM
In last nights Republican Debate, Ron Paul asked, "how would we like other countries to [treat us the way we treat them]?" I really believe that Ron Paul understands that Jesus is the Prince of Peace, not the god of war. Jesus said to "love your enemies." He did not say "kill your enemies." Why can't the rest of American Christianity understand this? Ron Paul's foreign policy is very Biblical.

I don't know why I watched the 5 at 2 again this morning. Since Kimberly Guilfoyle isn't showing her legs anymore, it's a totally useless show. It always was a useless show for someone looking for serious news show. But they did re-air a portion of the O'Reilly Factor, hosted by Bill O'Reilly. In that snippet Bill O'Reilly said that Ron Paul's foreign policy is dangerous. For that reason, I say that Bill O'Reilly is a doofus.

If Ron Paul's views are dangerous, then the philosophy they are based on is also dangerous, and that is the philosophy of Christ. It's obvious that Bill O'Reilly doesn't know anything about the philosophy of Christ. As I mentioned above, Ron Paul asked in last night's debate, "How would we want other countries to treat us the way we treat them?" In fact, I heard him ask that question several times. If Bill O'Reilly knew the Bible at all, he might have recognized what Ron Paul said as the Golden Rule. Where is Bill O'Reilly's wonderful Catholic upbringing?

The Golden Rule is found in Matthew 7.12. The Global Golden Rule might be, "Whatever you want other countries to do to you, do also to them." Do we want Russia to attack us for no reason? Do we want China to occupy us for ten years or more? Isn't this Ron Paul's Foreign Policy message?

The United States has been using weapons of war in the Middle East for some time now. Ron Paul wants us to try weapons of peace, which is more in keeping with the philosophy of Christ than to constantly aggravating these people, and taking them to war.

This is why I say We need Ron Paul, now more than ever. If we keep going the way we are going, some elements of the global community just might destroy us. And we will have only ourselves to blame.

What say you?

georgiaboy
11-23-2011, 07:16 PM
welcome to the forums.

As far as Ron's foreign policy being biblical, I'm not certain about how the Bible gives instructions to leaders of nations regarding dealing with other nations. I'm thinking at best one can only extrapolate principles, which I think is what you have done regarding the golden rule.

At a minimum, Ron's foreign policy is constitutional, and it does not conflict with fundamental biblical principles for how to interact with others.

Understand, though, that Christ teaches us to forgive forever, to not return evil with evil, but evil with good, to turn the other cheek, etc. When it comes to nations, and specifically national defense, it would appear to me that just war theory comes into play, authorizing the use of war and force, if not biblically, at least ethically. Whether this is explicitly Christlike is probably debatable within Christendom (think Quakers, etc.).

olehounddog
11-23-2011, 07:18 PM
for this is the law

AlexAmore
11-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Well I like the way the Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman explain it. We need to be the light of the world and be a nation of values that we spread through example.

All theses other nations in the world especially in Asia use massive surveillance, pre-emptive war, police states, torture, death penalty...etc.
The WHOLE ENTIRE POINT OF AMERICA IS THAT WE DON'T!!!

...Sorry that wasn't directed at anyone here. Just my anger at idiot neocons.

Okie RP fan
11-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Ron Paul's life and views on most issues stem from the golden rule, which stems from the Bible.

This video needs to be seen by as many people as possible, particularly Christians and conservatives. It sums many things up about Ron's foreign policy and world views:

http://ronpaulflix.com/2011/10/ron-paul-on-the-christian-just-war-theory/

Watching videos such as that one really make you appreciate what a brilliant messenger Dr. Paul is. That is, a messenger of liberty.

LEK
11-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Watch the SC Veteran's Day rally video and hear hom say the same thing, invoking the Golden Rule.
He has always advocated a Humble Foreign Policy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eENVxYQpbnE

Arklatex
11-23-2011, 08:18 PM
I agree.

trey4sports
11-23-2011, 08:22 PM
not only biblical but epic. Just plain epic.

TomL
11-25-2011, 04:38 PM
welcome to the forums.

As far as Ron's foreign policy being biblical, I'm not certain about how the Bible gives instructions to leaders of nations regarding dealing with other nations. I'm thinking at best one can only extrapolate principles, which I think is what you have done regarding the golden rule.

At a minimum, Ron's foreign policy is constitutional, and it does not conflict with fundamental biblical principles for how to interact with others.

Understand, though, that Christ teaches us to forgive forever, to not return evil with evil, but evil with good, to turn the other cheek, etc. When it comes to nations, and specifically national defense, it would appear to me that just war theory comes into play, authorizing the use of war and force, if not biblically, at least ethically. Whether this is explicitly Christlike is probably debatable within Christendom (think Quakers, etc.).

It would be nice if we could eliminate war. But I know that can't be done. But we need not aggravate people in other nations till they declare war on us. And that is what our foreign policy has done at least since WWII. But when we do need to go to war, just as we sometimes police need to kill criminals. So if it is a "just war," I do believe that is Biblical, within the bounds of Romans 13.

TomL
11-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Well I like the way the Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman explain it. We need to be the light of the world and be a nation of values that we spread through example.

All theses other nations in the world especially in Asia use massive surveillance, pre-emptive war, police states, torture, death penalty...etc.
The WHOLE ENTIRE POINT OF AMERICA IS THAT WE DON'T!!!

...Sorry that wasn't directed at anyone here. Just my anger at idiot neocons.

I fully understand. I have a problem with them too. They have turned their backs on the Constitution and the Bible.