PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff as VP?

Ashhhhh
11-23-2011, 10:47 AM
I think he's worked on Paul's campaign before and he's very charismatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HdsXt5lPro

libertygirl2
11-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Peter Schiff is awesome and extremely intelligent, but he doesn't have much "public appeal".

Nate-ForLiberty
11-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Schiff called himself the 1%. How on earth would he help the campaign?

ctiger2
11-23-2011, 10:58 AM
No to Schiff

matt0611
11-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Probably not a good VP choice, secretary of treasury perhaps though.

jkob
11-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Schiff is great but I don't think he'd be too appealing to most voters either.

FreeTraveler
11-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Secretary of Treasury, absolutely. Ron's VP will have to be politically determined, sad to say.

Ashhhhh
11-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Peter Schiff is awesome and extremely intelligent, but he doesn't have much "public appeal".
Lol you're the girl that makes all the Ron Paul vids on youtube, mind blown. But I guess he might not be popular to general public b/c of his loud opposition to college loans but I was think someone as charismatic as Schiff would really complement Paul

RonPauledbyYoutube
11-23-2011, 11:12 AM
No, we need someone that will carry on defending liberty, God forbid something happens to the good Dr.

Schiff would be good in the Treasury.

Student Of Paulism
Schiff would be better off in The Treasury or the Fed (temporary, until it would be gradually abolished). However, RP was asked who he would have wanted as SoT or in the Fed and he said Jim Grant. I seen some vids with him on Bloomberg channel, and holy crap, it's like trying to understand Chinese sometimes. The guy really knows his stuff when it comes to money and economics.

libertygirl2
Lol you're the girl that makes all the Ron Paul vids on youtube, mind blown. But I guess he might not be popular to general public b/c of his loud opposition to college loans but I was think someone as charismatic as Schiff would really complement Paul

Yes, that is me.

A VP should expand the base of potential voters, though. Schiff is not that person. Plus some people think he comes off as arrogant. Smart man but not voter-friendly.

roversaurus
11-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Yes, that is me.

A VP should expand the base of potential voters, though. Schiff is not that person. Plus some people think he comes off as arrogant. Smart man but not voter-friendly.

I think I'd have to agree with everything there.

tremendoustie
11-23-2011, 11:21 AM
I like Schiff for sure, and think he should be in the administration in some capacity, but I think there are better options for VP -- Gary Johnson for one.

Krugerrand
11-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Both Schiff and Johnson are on record as pro-abortion. I doubt Ron would take a pro-abortion VP - nor would it help motivate his base to go vote for him.

Besides, John Mackey is a shoe-in for Ron Paul's VP.

Nate-ForLiberty
11-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Anyone else think that Ron should pick a sheriff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLJgPuNAh60

libertygirl2
11-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Anyone else think that Ron should pick a sheriff?

I love this guy. I interviewed him over the summer for a piece on Oath Keepers that I wrote for Human Events. Extremely smart and passionate.

dannno
11-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Schiff called himself the 1%. How on earth would he help the campaign?

Ron Paul said he is with the 99%

The distinguishing characteristic is that Peter Schiff was referring to the top 1% of income earners whereas Ron Paul is referring to the <1% who control the currency and our government/military/markets.

Peter Schiff is only part of the 1% to the 99%ers focussed on wealth rather than control. Most of the OWSrs I know are focused on those in control, and in fact even the ones Schiff talked to admitted that Schiff should be out there WITH them.

Elwar
11-23-2011, 11:36 AM
The best VP is someone who can bring in a lot of voters, be close enough ideologically to continue where you left off if you die, but be bad enough where people will not want to assassinate you. See: Dan Quayle, Al Gore, Dick Cheney, current VP.

Nate-ForLiberty
Ron Paul said he is with the 99%

The distinguishing characteristic is that Peter Schiff was referring to the top 1% of income earners whereas Ron Paul is referring to the <1% who control the currency and our government/military/markets.

Peter Schiff is only part of the 1% to the 99%ers focussed on wealth rather than control. Most of the OWSrs I know are focused on those in control, and in fact even the ones Schiff talked to admitted that Schiff should be out there WITH them.

Right, but the average voter won't know the difference, and the media would have a field day.

Ashhhhh
I love this guy. I interviewed him over the summer for a piece on Oath Keepers that I wrote for Human Events. Extremely smart and passionate.
Who do you think should be the VP? Mack? Johnson? Mackey?

musicmax
Both Schiff and Johnson are on record as pro-abortion. I doubt Ron would take a pro-abortion VP - nor would it help motivate his base to go vote for him.

I doubt that any member of Ron Paul's base will be unmotivated to vote for him.

I think Johnson would be a great choice - he has executive experience, he's very smart, and he's got the rugged Daniel Craig-ish looks. I think it's Johnson or Nikki Haley.

Elwar
11-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Mary Ruwart.

libertygirl2
11-23-2011, 11:38 AM
I doubt that any member of Ron Paul's base will be unmotivated to vote for him.

I think Johnson would be a great choice - he has executive experience, he's very smart, and he's got the rugged Daniel Craig-ish looks. I think it's Johnson or Nikki Haley.

Johnson wouldn't really expand the base, though. As I said before, I really think a VP should appeal to a different demographic of voters but still be complementary to Ron, of course. That's why Haley might be a better pick than Johnson.

RonRules
11-23-2011, 11:41 AM
The Judge for VP.

No one but the Judge.

EWM
11-23-2011, 11:58 AM
A lot of people also say Ron Paul would be good for the treasury, but not president. Schiff is amazing. If you saw the videos of him at OWS, you'll see how he's able to destroy everyone who argues against him. Just imagine him doing that to Joe Biden. People would love this guy.

LawnWake
11-23-2011, 12:01 PM
A lot of people also say Ron Paul would be good for the treasury, but not president. Schiff is amazing. If you saw the videos of him at OWS, you'll see how he's able to destroy everyone who argues against him. Just imagine him doing that to Joe Biden. People would love this guy.

It's also about what kind of image he projects. If he were to be Ron's VP and they got him on video claiming to be 'the 1%' it could be suicide vs on-the-fence Democrats and indies who sympathize with the OWS movement.

You need someone who could appeal to liberals. Someone like Johnson with more knowledge on Austrian economics. Preferably a woman.

VRG
11-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Tom Woods

EWM
11-23-2011, 12:04 PM
It's also about what kind of image he projects. If he were to be Ron's VP and they got him on video claiming to be 'the 1%' it could be suicide vs on-the-fence Democrats and indies who sympathize with the OWS movement.

You need someone who could appeal to liberals. Someone like Johnson with more knowledge on Austrian economics. Preferably a woman.

Liberals aren't voting for Paul anyway, so why pander to them? I think Schiff's point about being the 1% is very clear. The man runs a successful business, employs people, and makes a profit. He's a great example of how capitalism works.

WorldonaString
11-23-2011, 12:06 PM
The Judge or Tom Woods would be amazing.

JohnGalt1225
11-23-2011, 12:25 PM
The Judge, Tom Woods, and Schiff would all be fine with me. I guess Johnson would be all right too, but the thought of watching Woods or Schiff just utterly destroy Biden in a debate warms my cold heart.

hazek
11-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Tom Woods

+1

LawnWake
11-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Liberals aren't voting for Paul anyway, so why pander to them? I think Schiff's point about being the 1% is very clear. The man runs a successful business, employs people, and makes a profit. He's a great example of how capitalism works.

Yes they are, that's the thing. We're gonna get votes from the pro-drug, anti-war left that is disappointed with Obama.

PauliticsPolitics
11-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Seems like there is a new VP thread everyday.
There are lots of quality people, but this is useless now.
We can have the VP threads after the convention.

walt
11-23-2011, 01:49 PM
F*** Peter Schiff the self-promoting ass.

shadowhooch
11-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah, "Schiff is right". But he's also very arrogant. Not for the public spotlight; but definitely a good ally.

dude58677
11-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Irwin Schiff should be Treasurer after he is pardoned.

Fredom101
11-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Schiff is good with economics but doesn't support liberty when it comes to war. Also, he's for the so-called "fair tax" which is insane if you ask me. RP is for replacing the income tax with NOTHING. I'm much more with Paul here.

Jingles
11-23-2011, 02:14 PM
The Judge, Tom Woods, and Schiff would all be fine with me. I guess Johnson would be all right too, but the thought of watching Woods or Schiff just utterly destroy Biden in a debate warms my cold heart.

Oh absolutely. I really think our VP needs to be aggressive and kind of like the attack dog.

LayZayFaire
11-23-2011, 03:31 PM
If you saw the videos of him at OWS, you'll see how he's able to destroy everyone who argues against him. Just imagine him doing that to Joe Biden. People would love this guy.

That goes without saying. Peter destroys people in debates, this we already know. But I have a feeling that Peter would try to outshine Ron, which is never a good thing. I would rather Peter just run for president himself.

Standing Liberty
11-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Peter Schiff is a great financial person who understands the economy. However, he is too abraisive and arrogant for a VP choice. Nontheless, he would have been a good Senator.

matt0611
11-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Peter Schiff is a great financial person who understands the economy. However, he is too abraisive and arrogant for a VP choice. Nontheless, he would have been a good Senator.

Agreed, he would have been great in the senate, imagine his floor speeches? :D

Eric21ND
11-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Paul/Fortuņo 2012

Fortuņo is young, he brings great balance to the ticket and will quash any concerns about Ron Paul's age.
Fortuņo is fresh to the political scene, the media will fawn over a young Hispanic republican and hype the ticket.
Fortuņo has executive experience.
Fortuņo has private sector experience.
Fortuņo is Hispanic which will help Ron Paul win Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado and be competitive in other traditionally democratic states.