PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee will host Ron Paul and other candidates for Dec. 3 forum

PauliticsPolitics
11-23-2011, 09:29 AM
http://iowacaucus.com/2011/11/23/whats-ahead-nov-23-huckabee-as-kingmaker-and-mitts-menu/

Huckabee as kingmaker?

Five of the GOP candidates have agreed to a sit-down with Huckabee and three Republican state attorneys general who will pose questions.
So far, Romney, Newt Gingrich, Minnesota Rep.Michele Bachmann, Texas Rep. Ron Paul and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum have agreed to the Dec. 3 forum.

also:
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/22/huckabee-to-hold-g-o-p-candidate-forum/
(http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/22/huckabee-to-hold-g-o-p-candidate-forum/)

The following is the text of the letter to the campaigns:I am writing to relay the format of the Republican Presidential Forum with Mike Huckabee on December 3rd at 8 pm ET in our Fox News studios in New York. We need a response today by 5 pm ET affirming that you have read and understand the format outlined below.
Our goal is to have a unique and intimate setting in which each candidate is given equal time. Attorneys General Pam Bondi, Ken Cuccinelli, and Scott Pruitt as well as Governor Mike Huckabee will be asking all questions. The layout is as follows:
The forum will last approximately 90 minutes.
Candidates will be individually questioned. At no point will candidates have on-air interaction with each other.
The order in which candidates are questioned will be determined by a draw. Each candidate will have an 8-10 minute question and answer session. The exact amount of time will depend on commercial break structure.
Candidates will be in the studio one-by-one for their Q&A. The remaining candidates will be watching the forum from their private work space provided by Fox News.
At the end of the forum, each candidate will be given one-minute rebuttal/final thoughts. Candidates will be on separate cameras.
There will be no studio audience.
Additional details and logistics will be provided as we near December 3rd.

Might be interesting, but it seems like Huck is siding with Romney.

trey4sports
11-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Huck will definitely try and mess with Ron. Hopefully Ron can deflect or hopefully just be ignored.

bluesc
11-23-2011, 09:33 AM
The entire establishment is siding with Romney. He is their guy.

This isn't the abortion thing is it? If it's a general forum, it sounds interesting. The less candidates, the better (when are they going to start dropping people from debates anyway?).

rp713
11-23-2011, 09:35 AM
after iowa is when they will start dropping bachmann, santorum, cain, huntsman. more time for ron at the debates coming soon.

trey4sports
11-23-2011, 09:36 AM
The entire establishment is siding with Romney. He is their guy.

This isn't the abortion thing is it? If it's a general forum, it sounds interesting. The less candidates, the better (when are they going to start dropping people from debates anyway?).

after iowa is when they will start dropping bachmann, santorum, cain, huntsman. more time for ron at the debates coming soon.

yeah more time for an attack. I don't mind getting 89 seconds at a debate. The problem is not getting his views out there, but it is now about not driving his negatives upward.

At least that is my humble opinion.

PauliticsPolitics
11-23-2011, 09:36 AM
This isn't the abortion thing is it? If it's a general forum, it sounds interesting.

I don't think so, it seems like it was just announced today and it seems general... according to that NYT blog in the OP.

trey4sports
11-23-2011, 09:40 AM
look at the format. This is most definitely going to be 10 solid minutes of "why do you hate America, Ron?"

LisaNY
11-23-2011, 09:46 AM
I wish Ron would skip this one. Huckabee just wants to get his fat face back in the media. I don't think he's nearly as influential as he used to be, or at least thinks he is. Maybe some of our Iowa friends can chime in here?

Aratus
11-23-2011, 07:18 PM
this is the same guy who another thread has a romney endorsement rumor about?

PauliticsPolitics
11-23-2011, 07:22 PM
this is the same guy who another thread has a romney endorsement rumor about?

Yes, there are Romney endorsement rumors (more than rumors really) in regard to Huckabee.

sailingaway
11-23-2011, 07:26 PM
So Ron is going to Huck's movie screening? Well, good for Ron, I guess...

Dianne
11-23-2011, 07:44 PM
I could so care less about Huckabee.. He is a FAUX News stuffed shirt, that is soooooooooooooo irrelevant; won't even bother to tune in.

Paul should pass, and go on to something that matters. Huckabee can kiss my grits !!!!

satchelmcqueen
11-24-2011, 08:58 AM
huck is trash and scum imo. his campaign last election and his personal career today thrive off of him being a preacher. my family still to this day say they like huck. ive tried to tell them several times about how he banded together with all the others last election to screw with polls and such. they just walk blind for this guy.

ChrisDixon
11-24-2011, 10:07 AM
This should be interesting, as Huckabee once told Leno that Paul wasn't a real Republican. Somebody needs to drill the Reagan quote into Paul's head where he states libertarianism is the heart of conservatism I have an idea he'll be on the defensive about his individuality and free thinking.

trey4sports
11-24-2011, 10:34 AM
should be an attempt at a hit piece.

11-24-2011, 10:35 AM
http://www.metlin.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/its-a-tarp.jpg

muzzled dogg
12-01-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm gonna move to the debate section

LibertyEagle
12-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Romney and Huckabee have quite similar beliefs about big government, so I wouldn't be surprised to see such an endorsement.

Huckabee's supporters are really great people, in my opinion. Unfortunately, they didn't see that his record showed that he supported the same big government that they detested. I still have great hopes for them though. Some have already come over to Paul's camp. We did have one here for awhile and then he was banned for some reason.

Feeding the Abscess
12-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Romney and Huckabee have quite similar beliefs about big government, so I wouldn't be surprised to see such an endorsement.

Huckabee's supporters are really great people, in my opinion. Unfortunately, they didn't see that his record showed that he supported the same big government that they detested. I still have great hopes for them though. Some have already come over to Paul's camp. We did have one here for awhile and then he was banned for some reason.

Traditional Conservative and AquaBuddha were Huckabee supporters, if memory serves me correctly.

Romulus
12-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Huck will definitely try and mess with Ron. Hopefully Ron can deflect or hopefully just be ignored.

You can't mess with Ron, unless you want to look like a fool. Re: Bob Schieffer.

james1906
12-01-2011, 07:23 PM
He'll endorse Newt or Mittens because the police and warfare state takes precedence over Christian values.

s35wf
12-01-2011, 09:46 PM
He'll endorse Newt or Mittens because the police and warfare state takes precedence over Christian values.e

On a religious note (and a scary one at that) was recently on "reinhardt's site enterprise corruption(dotcom) and read about connection between Newt & Legatus. After reading I would not be surprised at him getting Nom. :(

RON PAUL 2012!