PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's grandson reports campaign coffers at 2.2M

Duckman
06-15-2007, 01:46 PM
http://dailypaul.com/node/347

Not exactly the numbers which have been rumored, but still quite good in my opinion. Keep it up!

Patrick Henry
06-15-2007, 02:03 PM
http://dailypaul.com/node/347

Not exactly the numbers which have been rumored, but still quite good in my opinion. Keep it up!

I am glad that he good Dr. is in the millions, but man was I hoping for the 4-5 mil mentioned earlier. Everybody give and keep giving!!

lucky
06-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Awesome news but I want more. Gonna be a hell of fight coming.

LibertyEagle
06-15-2007, 02:16 PM
It's not nearly enough to do campaign commercials, etc. What can we do to raise funds? How is the Bands for Ron Paul thing coming together?

Quantumystic
06-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Put me/us down for $25 more.

Trying that weekly payday thing. :)

briatx
06-15-2007, 02:20 PM
I gave $400 today.

sandersondavis
06-15-2007, 02:22 PM
We should learn an important lesson from all this, that is to not spread rumors of success. This latest bit of news is a disappointment because we and our rumormongering raised expectations to a very high level. This can, and I am sure will lead to HEADLINES proclaiming *Ron Paul Campaign Contributions Less Than Expected."

If, on the other hand we (and FNN) had not reported of spread these rumors, the media would have been shocked at the actual numbers and many would have reported "the surprising" results in a positive manner.

There is no doubt that RP will get great publicity from the 2.2 million dollar announcement, I just think the PR for RP would be better if the 5-10 million dollar rumor had not circulated first.

Quantumystic
06-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Did you realise that 2% of Americans (6 million) giving $100 each would be $600 MILLION for the campaign?

Spread the Word. Spread the Wealth!

torchbearer
06-15-2007, 02:25 PM
We still don't know for certain that its 2.2mill. That again is another speculation.

Quantumystic
06-15-2007, 02:27 PM
I gave $400 today.

Pickin' up the slack for 3 other Americans!

YOU ROCK! :D

briatx
06-15-2007, 02:33 PM
We still don't know for certain that its 2.2mill. That again is another speculation.

Seems like it comes from close to the campaign. But you're right its a moving target.

dude58677
06-15-2007, 02:36 PM

Andrew Michel (event coordinator for Ron Paul) told me on the phone it was several milions.

spacebetween
06-15-2007, 02:37 PM
I had called the campaign HQ way back in May, and they reported over $2mil then (after the Giuliani debacle).

Even Dr. Paul's grandson can pass on speculation.

chandlerLBT
06-15-2007, 02:37 PM
yesterday, in an interview, ron paul himself said that they were at 2-3 million.

dspectre
06-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I guess it is just like keeping track of stocks, we may have a "surprise" earnings report for 2Q!

But if it doesn't settle right with you, give more money!

dude58677
06-15-2007, 02:41 PM
yesterday, in an interview, ron paul himself said that they were at 2-3 million.

Got a link?

dude58677
06-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Seems like it comes from close to the campaign. But you're right its a moving target.

Allegedly, it could be a Ron Paul hater posing as Ron Paul's grandson to make us Ron Paul supporters think we were deluding ourselves.

USAFCapt
06-15-2007, 02:48 PM
When do the official results come out for everybody's campaign?

chandlerLBT
06-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Got a link?

http://dissentradio.com/charles/AW061407RONPAUL.mp3

chandlerLBT
06-15-2007, 02:49 PM
he says it within the first five minutes.

batman00
06-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Hey everybody!!! Students for Ron Paul is putting on a Second Quarter Fund Surge Campaign for the Congressman. Check it out here, read the directions and donate:

http://students4paul.com/

P.S. Be sure to spread this around.

austin356
06-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Politicians always want to understate their funds before the they are made public, along with sending messages out that are overstating their opponents. This serves the purpose to showing surprise and momentum. Just like Companies set expectation on Wall St. lower than they actually think they will be so they can be seen as "beating the expectations".

This may not be the best route for Paul though. Unlike other candidates, when people hear Paul has gotten alot of money, that makes them want to donate even more money because they feel he has a better chance.

I really think it is quite possible that RP and his campaign are withholding information back purposefully. I am not saying this is a bad thing, or that they are certainly doing such, but it should always be seen as a possibility.

torchbearer
06-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Good job with the students4paul.com!

Mani
06-15-2007, 04:01 PM
We'll Find out July 16th what the real numbers are.

Man from La Mancha
06-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Like I suggested before on this forum and to the Ron paul headquarters is to use a thermometer style chart with a goal of 100 million on top. This types of chart inspired me to give more just to see the mercury go up. I do like the 500 million plus goal.

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/jThermometer/therm.gif

LibertyCzar
06-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Even $2.2 million is a vast improvement over last quarter. But the month isn't over yet. I suspect it will grow to at least $3 million by the end of the quarter, assuming the stated $2.2 million is accurate and current.

Besides, Ron Paul doesn't need as much money. He's not the type of big-government washington type that needs to bribe the voters. His message is more powerful. Look at Hillary Clinton. For all the money she has accumulated, and will continue to accumulate, how much good do you really think it's going to do? Most people already knows who she is, and most people already have a concrete opinion of her. Even a billion dollars won't gain her many more votes. But with the right provocative television commercial, and the right followups by supporters (which doesn't cost anything to the campaign), the movement can grow by leaps and bounds. On a show like Heroes, this would do a lot of good. On a show like Deal or No Deal would do good too.

I have two additional theories on the quoted $2.2 million. First, the campaign is behind in its accounting and the $2.2 million is the most recent calculation. Second, it is $2.2 so far for the month of June only, not the full quarter.

joenaab
06-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Great work students4paul!

If the $2.2M is correct, I'd love to see it at least break $3M in the coming 15 days.

Though money is always needed, this campaign needs time, time to expose everyone to his powerful message and to educate people as to the how dire the situation has become. That can be done by his growing army of volunteers and using the growing body of resources on the Internet, which cost the campaign nothing.

ARealConservative
06-15-2007, 07:34 PM
coffers also implies money on hand, not total amount raised.

We started out the gate slower but the campaign is spending some money now.

ChooseLiberty
06-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Suggestion - Mods put a sticky at the top of every forum showing where how etc. to donate to the Ron Paul campaign.

Does this seem a little extreme? $200? There are probably 2000 people in some fed department monitoring this crap.

"Note: Federal law requires we report the name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employer for contributions of more than $200.00 per election cycle. Individuals may contribute up to $2,300.00. Couples may contribute up to $4,600.00. Contributions are not tax deductible. Corporate contributions are prohibited."

LibertyCzar
06-16-2007, 10:00 AM
coffers also implies money on hand, not total amount raised.

We started out the gate slower but the campaign is spending some money now.

Interesting point. After reading this, I went and checked on Mitt Romney's numbers from last quarter. He raised $21,084,634 but had only $11,863,653 cash on hand. He spent nearly 50% of the money raised. Quite frankly, I am scratching my head wondering what Mitt Romney needed so bad that he had to spend $10,332,450, and so early in the campaign.

If Ron Paul has coffers of $2.2 million, this could mean he has raised nearly twice that amount. If his campaign is growing, he might need to hire campaign staff and purchase other stuff.

If all the other candidates come up with coffers equal to what they had last time, $2.2 million for Ron Paul will put him in fourth place behind Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, and John McCain. Fred Thompson might push Ron Paul down to fifth place, but let's be frank, with Fred Thompson in the race, both John McCain and Rudy Giuliani are in deep trouble, and not even a billion dollars will change that. :D