PDA

View Full Version : I Just Saw Fox News Call Ron Paul The "Frontrunner"

Sola_Fide
11-22-2011, 11:32 PM
It was a promo for Neil Cavuto tomorrow and it said "Is this Ron Paul's time? Can he cement his frontrunner status?"

....am I losing my mind or did anyone else see this?

sailingaway
11-22-2011, 11:33 PM
I didn't see it, but I like it!

I suspect they meant A frontrunner, not THE frontrunner, but it sure is better than a quixotic dark horse!

european
It was a promo for Neil Cavuto tomorrow and it said "Is this Ron Paul's time? Can he cement his frontrunner status?"

....am I losing my mind or did anyone else see this?

I suspect you are losing your mind. Are you one of the many potheads that actually clapped when Paul was talking about ending the War on drugs? :D

Muwahid
Did hell just freeze over?

Stevo_Chill
I can dream.

bluesc
11-22-2011, 11:34 PM
"Is it Paul's time?" seems to be a common question post-debate :) I hope they don't have an awful commentator on to say "he won't win" and opt instead for an actual interview.

jct74
11-22-2011, 11:35 PM
I saw it too. It said something about a "Ron Paul power surge" or something like that. I don't remember too well but I think it was a promo for an upcoming appearance. Not sure though because the end of the commercial was cut off.

scottditzen
11-22-2011, 11:36 PM
This is crazy, in a good way.

We can win this thing!!!!!

Nate
11-22-2011, 11:38 PM

Nope, Ron Paul finally became to big to ignore. Now get ready for the real campaign to start. Hit the phones, hit the streets, hit up the campaign with donations because SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH3JQjcweM

RestoreTheRepublic
11-22-2011, 11:39 PM
Two people just said MARCO RUBIO is the best politician in Washington....because he can make "good speeches"

Crickett
11-22-2011, 11:40 PM
"Is it Paul's time?" seems to be a common question post-debate :) I hope they don't have an awful commentator on to say "he won't win" and opt instead for an actual interview.
Ya..the difference is, when he goes up he ain't gonna come down, like the others...

sofia
Im off to drop another $25 on the SuperVoter DVD bomb!!!

Sola_Fide
Two people just said MARCO RUBIO is the best politician in Washington....because he can make "good speeches"

I had to turn it off. I couldn't take it anymore.

marhlfld
11-22-2011, 11:46 PM
According to the Christian Monitor, I'm paraphrasing, "2/3rds of people in Iowa polled said they've been contacted from only Ron Paul's camp."

PHONE FROM HOME PEOPLE! TURN OFF THE FRICKING TV, AND TURN ON YOUR PHONES!

It's working! Get 'er DONE!

ZanZibar
11-22-2011, 11:48 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_h4tLF5wFv0Q/S_QZOG75yYI/AAAAAAAAHK4/t8RPEuMYSzw/s1600/hell_frozen_over.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100108063233/uncyclopedia/images/archive/b/b5/20100108063328%21Exploding-head.gif

Bruno
11-22-2011, 11:48 PM

Youtube or it didn't happen! :D

gb13
11-23-2011, 12:12 AM
I saw it too. I got so excited, I almost crapped in a pair of pants I wasn't even wearing.

Adam West
11-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Im off to drop another $25 on the SuperVoter DVD bomb!!!

Good on ya Mate!

MJU1983
11-23-2011, 12:15 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/MJU1983/ron-paul-hat-2012.jpg

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-23-2011, 12:26 AM
I guess the polling data from Iowa with the 25% is accurate considering the media is reflecting it.

NickOdell
11-23-2011, 12:31 AM
I guess the polling data from Iowa with the 25% is accurate considering the media is reflecting it.

Since when does the media validate polling data? :p

parocks
11-23-2011, 12:36 AM
He is not the front runner until he gets to the top in the National Polls.

We certainly can win Iowa based on our own strength to this point.

It might make us feel warm and fuzzy to be labeled the frontrunner, but after "frontrunner" comes attacks.

1) praise 2) becoming the frontrunner 3) being called the frontrunner 4) being attacked 5) losing popularity.

We want praise, and truthful stories about how Ron Paul is doing well, where he is doing well.
The praise is what makes us into the frontrunner. And if we're 4th or 5th in the National Polls, we just aren't the frontrunner. We want them to
praise us until we become the frontrunner. And we want to avoid attacks until we become the frontrunner.

hammy
11-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Well, candidates get "attacked" because they have conflicting policies, or they have something in their past that goes against what they're saying. Ron Paul doesn't have any of that. There's nothing to drag up. The MSM is terrified to make him front runner status because he won't come back down

iamse7en
11-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Just prepping for the newsletters. I'm sure the MSM will be fair in their coverage. /sarc

bluesc
11-23-2011, 12:57 AM
He is not the front runner until he gets to the top in the National Polls.

We certainly can win Iowa based on our own strength to this point.

It might make us feel warm and fuzzy to be labeled the frontrunner, but after "frontrunner" comes attacks.

1) praise 2) becoming the frontrunner 3) being called the frontrunner 4) being attacked 5) losing popularity.

We want praise, and truthful stories about how Ron Paul is doing well, where he is doing well.
The praise is what makes us into the frontrunner. And if we're 4th or 5th in the National Polls, we just aren't the frontrunner. We want them to
praise us until we become the frontrunner. And we want to avoid attacks until we become the frontrunner.

Since there isn't a national primary day, I would think the definition of "frontrunner" would be based on polling in the early states that define the rest of the race :)

Sola_Fide
11-23-2011, 01:04 AM
I saw it too. I got so excited, I almost crapped in a pair of pants I wasn't even wearing.

Maybe some Depends might be of benefit then....just on the occasion that Ron might pull off something magical here in the next few weeks?

BUSHLIED
11-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Let's just say that the so-called "political establishment" recognizes that Paul's ideas are resonating with a growing segment of the American electorate, namely right-leaning Independents and disaffected REPs. Moreover, I think with the 2010 election wave, where incumbents were "primaried" and the economy now worsening, I also think that many have come to realize that significant spending cuts and entitlement reform are critical. So the establishment is not stupid, they know they must adopt this policy which will put them in line with what Ron has been talking about for decades. They would be hurting themselves to critique Ron's domestic agenda, this takes away from them being able to marginalize him as much...lastly, I think the establishment can tell with the rise of the TEA party and now OWS that the people are now very much aware of these problems and they can't play the blame game too much longer...esp. since the so called Super Committee was unable to come up with minor cuts to the budget...people are fed up and tired of the games in DC...you can only run over people for so long...I think the key to winning the general is going to driven by Obama with Jobs and Entitlement reform being critical issues...

I don't think that Ron will be THE front-runner, it's going to be a grind for Ron and the campaign to pick up enough delegates to take away the nomination chances of Romney...once several candidates drop out, then Ron will emerge as a realistic threat to Romney...the party is split and the moderates and the conservatives are going to duke it out until the convention..the question is will the conservative find their roots or will they sell out and get behind Romney...essentially Ron is waging a coup, slowly but surely...Perry and Cain IMO did horribly in the debate...Gingrich appears to be a threat and it will be harder for him to fall as much as perry and cain...but I just don't see where Gingrich is going to do well besides GA and FL... and we can thank Bachmann for hammering newt on his stance on immigration...

oh well it is going to be an exciting election...

eaglesfan48
11-23-2011, 02:00 AM
Pigs are flying.

Hell is freezing over.

A snowball is standing a chance in hell.

=)

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-23-2011, 02:03 AM
Since when does the media validate polling data? :p

Correct, I was being sarcastic. :)

Still, when the media keeps secret polls it doesn't like.. you have to wonder what they know.

rich34
11-23-2011, 02:08 AM
They're trying to fire up "their" base and let them know that if they don't get there arses in gear and get their voters out to vote that Paul will win the Iowa caucus. Newt is their pick and we need to bring his past to the forefront and remind the "christian" voters of his unchristian values and quick!

Xenophage
11-23-2011, 03:10 AM
Ya..the difference is, when he goes up he ain't gonna come down, like the others...

Don't be surprised if he does come down a bit. Not everyone who's currently supporting him is a 'strong' supporter, and the voters are fickle, although he is likely to be more immune than most candidates from flaming out.

McDermit
11-23-2011, 03:34 AM

Haha, that picture rules. Ron is so cute.

Simple
11-23-2011, 01:03 PM
David what's-his-face on Erin Burnett called Ron Paul a front runner just seconds before the begin of the debate last night. Her jaw dropped and media talking points ensued.

willwash
11-23-2011, 01:18 PM
You know what's funny? When I looked at this picture I skipped the backwards hat and said "Tell me that's not a General Electric pin he's wearing"

trey4sports
11-23-2011, 01:20 PM
pretty sure i just saw a unicorn.

Andrew Ryan
11-23-2011, 01:22 PM
David what's-his-face on Erin Burnett called Ron Paul a front runner just seconds before the begin of the debate last night. Her jaw dropped and media talking points ensued.

Tube?