PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum Geography FAIL: Santorum Talks About ‘Country’ Of Africa

Agorism
11-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Geography FAIL: Santorum Talks About ‘Country’ Of Africa

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/22/rick-santorum-africa-country_n_1109093.html

Keith and stuff
11-22-2011, 10:25 PM
I totally agree. However, I don't know all of the details about what he was saying and in all fairness, there is a slight chance he was talking about the nation called South Africa and made a slightly small mistake than we think he did. I think the AIDS problem is worst is South Africa, btw.

Either way, he made one of the two largest word blunders of the night. The other large word blunder was when Cain made up a name for the moderator and than called the moderate by that name. Of course, Cain realized what he did and caught himself. Rick S. didn't so the award for the biggest Perry moment of the night doesn't go to Perry. It doesn't even go to Cain. The award goes to Rick S.

seyferjm
11-22-2011, 11:07 PM
I heard that and thought of Palin back in 2008 when she made a similar flub.

Agorism
11-22-2011, 11:25 PM
I doubt it was an accident. He's not very bright.

Dr.3D
11-22-2011, 11:38 PM
And I hear a lot of people call the United States, America. We the people of the United State are Americans but not all Americans are the people of the United States. When I hear the words "American Flag" I picture a flag with some stars stripes and maple leaf and and eagle with a snake, but that only covers part of what is America.

M.J.
11-22-2011, 11:55 PM
And I hear a lot of people call the United States, America. We the people of the United State are Americans but not all Americans are the people of the United States. When I hear the words "American Flag" I picture a flag with some stars stripes and maple leaf and and eagle with a snake, but that only covers part of what is America.

Fill in the blank... The _______ people.

Nasty globalist idea you have there.

Dr.3D
11-23-2011, 12:00 AM

Nasty globalist idea you have there.

Yeah, you ain't seen nothin yet... I also believe in national sovereignty.

kylejack
11-23-2011, 12:04 AM
I noticed that. Funny stuff.

kylejack
11-23-2011, 12:05 AM
He probably means South Africa, I would imagine. Very serious AIDS problem there, and we poured a lot of money into it after apartheid.

M.J.
11-23-2011, 04:56 AM
Yeah, you ain't seen nothin yet... I also believe in national sovereignty.

Fill in the blank... The ________ revolution.

ShaneEnochs
11-23-2011, 05:54 AM
I'm no Frothy lover, but I think nitpicking on his choice of words is silly. If they want to nitpick his policy, I'm all for that.

idiom
11-23-2011, 01:51 PM

Colonial,
Bolivarian,
southern,
internet,
Ron Paul

Eleutheros
11-23-2011, 01:55 PM

How this thread go from talking about Santorum's Africa flub to us playing Match Game all of a sudden?

LibertyEagle
11-23-2011, 01:59 PM
I can't stand Santorum, but I don't think this is a big deal at all.

Dr.3D
11-24-2011, 03:39 PM
How this thread go from talking about Santorum's Africa flub to us playing Match Game all of a sudden?

Seems somebody is confused about this thread and trying to sidetrack it. "Nasty globalist idea" my ass. Obviously somebody is confused here.

What the hell is an "American" Flag? There is no such thing and I hope there never is. Yeah, the Mexican, Canadian and all other flags of nations on this continent can be considered "American" flags.

james1906
11-24-2011, 03:59 PM

Because Charles Nelson Reilly's corpse is more qualified than Santorum to be president.

Diurdi
11-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Alot of people mispoke not out of ignorance but just slips, during that debate. Including Ron.

dbill27
11-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Why are we talking about this? He mispoke, theres a lot of things to hate about santorum but he isn't an idiot. We look petty when we make issues of non issues.

kylejack
11-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Why are we talking about this? He mispoke, theres a lot of things to hate about santorum but he isn't an idiot. We look petty when we make issues of non issues.
No issue is being made of it. It's simply fun to see the wicked fail. Schadenfreude.

M.J.
11-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Seems somebody is confused about this thread and trying to sidetrack it. "Nasty globalist idea" my ass. Obviously somebody is confused here.

Sidetrack? Like turning it into a radical idea about what we call the people of our nation? George Washington called the people of this country Americans, and so do many of our early treaties and the federalist papers, its meaning in english is very clear. Legal definition in every version of the the english language for American is clear. There is no other name for the American people, United Statesian or "citizen of" is not correct, no matter what you were taught.

What the hell is an "American" Flag? There is no such thing and I hope there never is. Yeah, the Mexican, Canadian and all other flags of nations on this continent can be considered "American" flags.

The Mexican flag is called the Mexican flag, their state flags are Mexican flags. The Canadian flag is called the Canadian flag, their provincial flags are Canadian flags. Mexicans are Mexicans and Canadians are Canadians, they call us Americanos or Americans. I have been to Mexico and Canada, they would not want to be called Americans, and would laugh at you for calling them that. Some globalist indoctrinated students prefer a different name, or when using a different language. You sidetracked this topic with a silly idea of what others want to call the American people, I was just trying to point that out. You could certainly call everyone in North America North Americans, like we do with Europeans or Africans, but American has a specific meaning, both historically and legally.