PDA

View Full Version : AUDIO CLIP: WABC Talk Radio NY: Host and I duke it out over Ron Paul

sofia
11-22-2011, 09:44 PM
The neo-con substitute host for The Joe Crummey Show (Bernard McGuirk) claims to be a conservative but was pimpimng Romney all morning!

I had to call him out on his crap. We got into it...New York/New Jersey style!...Argument ensues and he shouts over me....really funny stuff....BUT I WAS ABLE TO FORCE HIM TO ADMIT THAT HE LIKES RON PAUL!

Fast Forward to about 13:40 and just wait for "Frank from Jersey" (after "Steve")

http://www.wabcradio.com/FlashPlayer/default.asp?SPID=40039&ID=2339965

J_White
11-22-2011, 10:38 PM
they just are focusing on that Mitt looks good and speaks nicely !! They dont care what his policies are !! Its like a reality show - whoever looks good wins !!

ok, but u came on too hard bro !! if u kept calm u could have made it more useful !

KingNothing
11-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Geez. Why act like that?

unknown
11-22-2011, 10:47 PM
This is the best call I ever heard!

Cowlesy
11-22-2011, 10:55 PM
lololol Sofiaaaa strikes

Fermli
11-22-2011, 11:02 PM
now this is a politics talk show I could listen to. lol.

every other word is schmuck.

good try Frank. talk more slowly and calmly next time. The guy that came after you was a good example of how to call in.

sofia
11-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Geez. Why act like that?

Cuz McGurk is a loud mouth prick. Bullies like him need to be called out in front of their audiences.

The "I beg to differ" approach doesn't fly with New Yorkers.

sofia
11-22-2011, 11:07 PM

good try Frank. talk more slowly and calmly next time. The guy that came after you was a good example of how to call in.

I hear ya...but its been my previous experience that when you talk slowly and gently.....these thugs steamroll you. I wanted to do a hit and run and catch him off guard.

Cowlesy
11-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Yeah, I mean it probably helps to add some context in that, this isn't like a Jan Mickelson from Iowa interview that is calm and sincere. NY Talk Radio practically gets violent over the air. If you keep listening, McGuirk starts salivating on-air over some book Puff Daddy is releasing for Christmas that is nothing but pictures of women's derrieres.

This isn't wholesome conservative talk radio

jasonxe
11-22-2011, 11:12 PM
lol

brandon
11-22-2011, 11:14 PM
hahah brilliant

Verrater
11-22-2011, 11:17 PM
17:00 it begins.

Next time make sure you hit him with facts not just yelling at him.
We need to project some logical arguments and force them into the conversation.
Write out a script if you have to.

Thank you for putting yourself out there though, takes nuts I wish more people would do it.
Now keep calling back.

jct74
11-25-2011, 02:09 PM
that was great, LOL. sofia, you crack me up once again. i'm glad they unbanned you (for the 15th time, or however many times its been) :D

FSP-Rebel
11-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Have to say that I dig this NJ/NY combative talk style, never heard it before.

Jingles
11-25-2011, 03:48 PM
17:00 it begins.

Next time make sure you hit him with facts not just yelling at him.
We need to project some logical arguments and force them into the conversation.
Write out a script if you have to.

Thank you for putting yourself out there though, takes nuts I wish more people would do it.
Now keep calling back.

If you aren't from the Northeast, you won't understand lol.

robmpreston
11-25-2011, 03:56 PM
That was pretty terrible.

USAFCapt
11-25-2011, 05:45 PM
16min mark: "Mitt looks presidential, he's a good looking old man...he impressed the hell out of me last night!"

Anti Federalist
11-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I mean it probably helps to add some context in that, this isn't like a Jan Mickelson from Iowa interview that is calm and sincere. NY Talk Radio practically gets violent over the air. If you keep listening, McGuirk starts salivating on-air over some book Puff Daddy is releasing for Christmas that is nothing but pictures of women's derrieres.

This isn't wholesome conservative talk radio

Boy that ^^^^

I remember an epic argument that I got into with Bob Grant years ago over guns. (NY/NJ "conservatives" are for gun control). Went on about 7 minutes, had him boxed in with "gun ownership goes up, crime goes down" had the Uniform Crime Statistics on hand from the Fibbies.

eleganz
11-25-2011, 08:40 PM
You could've just come out with a nice tone and have a friendly chat. You instigated and the host was right, you're not doing Paul any favors by calling in and yelling.

I guess I'm not Jersey or New York tough because we just don't do that here in LA.

sofia
11-25-2011, 08:46 PM
You could've just come out with a nice tone and have a friendly chat. You instigated and the host was right, you're not doing Paul any favors by calling in and yelling.

I guess I'm not Jersey or New York tough because we just don't do that here in LA.

Nope. HE instigated it by pretending to be a "conservative"....and also pretending that Ron Paul doesnt exist.

Uninformed fools need to be spoken to with restraint, respect and patience....

But LIARS need to be placed on the defensive and ruthlessly outed as frauds....and thats what these talk show "conservatives" are...friggin frauds!

jeremiahj13
11-26-2011, 01:46 PM
will listen :)

FA.Hayek
11-26-2011, 01:57 PM
geez, that radio show is cancerous

Chester Copperpot
11-26-2011, 02:16 PM

haha I agree

Agorism
11-26-2011, 02:18 PM
So who really hung up?

KingRobbStark
11-26-2011, 02:37 PM
+ rep. Hahaha

Agorism
11-26-2011, 02:53 PM
------nm

FA.Hayek
11-26-2011, 03:17 PM
were you the one yelling? i like the enthusiasm, but is that a way to convert new people to Ron Paul? i feel like that rant just confirms the fact that RP supporters are crazy and immature.. maybe actually point out why RP is better than Mittens or Gingrich

TIMB0B
11-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Not sure what was accomplished here.

odamn
11-26-2011, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=TIMB0B;3781350]Not sure what was accomplished here.[/

The O P did more damage than he knows.
Bernie often talks very highly of Ron, on the IMUS TV show on Fox Business Channel,
for which he is the producer. (and he's one of the few who does).

Burning bridges is not helpful.

Butchie
11-26-2011, 04:06 PM
I think this is why people say "The problem with Ron Paul are his supporters".

odamn
11-26-2011, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=TIMB0B;3781350]Not sure what was accomplished here.[/

The O P did more damage than he knows.
Bernie often talks very highly of Ron, on the IMUS TV show on Fox Business Channel,
for which he is the producer. (and he's one of the few who does).

Burning bridges is not helpful.

(fyi)
Imus has 6 million viewers daily.

smartguy911
11-26-2011, 04:12 PM
damn that wasn't funny at all. Stuff like this prob turns off a lot of people

wistfulthinker
11-26-2011, 04:58 PM
sophia, I appreciate that you were willing to get involved in the discussion and "call out" the host, as you put it. Your instincts were good. Next time, channel that a bit. The audience for a radio call-in program is not the host, but the show's listeners. We can generally assume, a show's audience tunes in because they have some affinity for the host. Right? I know it's easier to down a shot of anger to get the courage for a call like this, but it's not going to help your aim. Let your anger settle, think about the real audience, the real target, and adjust your sights.

Anyway, hope that helps next time you've got your ears on and your phone close. The hardest part is speaking up, tweaking the volume and message is gonna be a piece of cake.

Agorism
11-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Nice phone call. I enjoyed it lol.

Carehn
11-26-2011, 05:04 PM
what an ass-pie.