PDA

View Full Version : Thank Wolf Blitzer for fair coverage and time tonight?

tangent4ronpaul
11-22-2011, 09:39 PM
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form4.html?2

pauliticalfan
11-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Let's send Wolf some thanks.

libertyfanatic
11-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Wolf was terrible. He didn't give Ron half the rebuttals he should've had.

The Free Hornet
11-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Blitz Wolfer didn't even ask Ron Paul about his plans to run third party. Poor guy must be losing it...

Tina
11-22-2011, 10:28 PM
I'll never thank him for anything.

tangent4ronpaul
11-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Wolf was terrible. He didn't give Ron half the rebuttals he should've had.

I only noticed one and it was over a commercial break.

anyone know how many minutes Paul got this time? That's what the thank yous should be for.

-t

wide awake
11-22-2011, 10:32 PM
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form4.html?2

+ rep... I was fearful tonight of "Daniel walking into the Lion's Den" but I thought that was the best moderated debate so far... plenty of time for all candidates which is what the American public deserve.

wide awake
11-22-2011, 10:33 PM

Orgoonian
11-22-2011, 10:34 PM

Amen!

Verrater
11-22-2011, 10:35 PM

This.

Maverick
11-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Ron Paul didn't get as many rebuttals as we would have liked, but if he did he would've been the only one talking for 75% of the debate, and realistically that just wasn't going to happen. I'm just happy that he got a decent number of questions, and that he at least got some time for rebuttals, and that he got more time than 89 seconds.

Nate
11-22-2011, 10:41 PM
He wasn't pro-Paul & for the most part I can't stand the man but credit where credit is due, he did his job better than the last few clowns who pretended to "moderate" at the last few debates. I can thank him for that at least. Ugh, that felt dirty to say that. Excuse me, I need to go hurl.

musicmax
11-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Blitz Wolfer didn't even ask Ron Paul about his plans to run third party. Poor guy must be losing it...

+rep

Original_Intent
11-22-2011, 10:44 PM
I thanked him for running the most equitable debate so far and for giving all of the candidates a good amount of speaking time. I honestly appreciated that it wasn;t primarily Romney and the flavor of the week getting the majority. I felt like everyone had good time to get their ideas in front of people, which is what we have needed in the previous ten debates.

If all we are going to do is bellyache when it is not fair but not express appreciation for a job well done - I don't think we serve ourselves or the campaign very well.

eric4186
11-22-2011, 10:48 PM
oh come on guys. There are journalists who let their bias show one way or the other...oftentimes against Paul and sometimes in favor of Paul.

but Blitzer is an exceptional journalist because he never lets his bias show. I think he gave all the candidates tonight their fair share of time and rebuttals, Ron Paul included.

svobody
11-22-2011, 10:48 PM
I thought he did a great job. Time was spread out fairly, there were no outrageous set up questions, no condescending tone in his voice. If you guys are going to complain about this debate, then you need to seriously re-evaluate your outlook.

Xelaetaks
11-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah. I think this was one of the best debates in a while. They didn't even argue back when Ron Paul said we need to win the drug war.

Maverick
11-22-2011, 10:58 PM
but Blitzer is an exceptional journalist because he never lets his bias show. I think he gave all the candidates tonight their fair share of time and rebuttals, Ron Paul included.

I'm definitely gonna have to call BS on that. Blitzer certainly has moments where he lets his bias show, you just haven't seen it or haven't been watching closely enough. However, I will say that, at least for tonight, Blitzer did a better job than usual about toning down his bias. At least he didn't ask the 3rd-party question again.

robertwerden
11-22-2011, 11:00 PM
see we can be nice

Maverick
11-22-2011, 11:02 PM
I thanked him for running the most equitable debate so far and for giving all of the candidates a good amount of speaking time. I honestly appreciated that it wasn;t primarily Romney and the flavor of the week getting the majority. I felt like everyone had good time to get their ideas in front of people, which is what we have needed in the previous ten debates.

If all we are going to do is bellyache when it is not fair but not express appreciation for a job well done - I don't think we serve ourselves or the campaign very well.

+rep

I thought he did a great job. Time was spread out fairly, there were no outrageous set up questions, no condescending tone in his voice. If you guys are going to complain about this debate, then you need to seriously re-evaluate your outlook.

+rep

Standing Liberty
11-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Not a big fan of most of the msm's, and it was certainly bias in the form of not providing RP with rebuttals, but so far CNN is more "fair and balanced" than FoX. I know, that’s not saying much.:confused:

european
11-23-2011, 12:04 AM
In my eyes Mr Blitzer was fair in 2007/2008 and is so now again.

I hope all of us can be fair to Mr Blitzer too. And that we leave out our own bias and expectations while judging him.

flaversaver
11-23-2011, 12:11 AM
It might be a good idea to email Mr. Blitzer and tell him thank you for moderating a fair and balanced debate for all of the candidates. Thats all we ask as members of a democratic society.

pen_thief
11-23-2011, 12:26 AM
I was just as angry at him at previous debates but did do the respectful thing,

Dear Mr. Blitzer,
Thank you very much for your fair debate moderating tonight. After the CBS 89 second debacle with Ron Paul, you really surprised and exceeded supporters' expectations. We are just thankful for the time you allowed him to voice his views. Thank you and please continue the fair reporting. I have avoided CNN based on bias at previous debates, and this has changed my mind somewhat. My mother was also very impressed, and she's not usually politically involved.