PDA

View Full Version : Endorsement from Peter Schiff - Pres Euro Pacific Capital

Copperhed51
11-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Copying and pasting this from a Facebook post. Seems pretty legit.

This is pretty sweet - for those who don't know, Peter Schiff is the President of Euro Pacific Capital and is a frequent guest on various financial news shows. The following is an e-mail he sent out today:

Call to Action

Congressman Ron Paul, America’s best hope for the future.

I recently had the pleasure of personally handing the Honorable Ron Paul (the only member of Congress truly worthy of that title) a $2,300 check (the legal maximum) as my contribution toward his presidential campaign. I have never given one dime to a politician (though Congressman Paul is more of a statesman then politician) in my life, and you know what; it felt great. It was the best $2,300 I ever spent. The purpose of this email is to urge every single one of my clients, every subscriber to my newsletter, and every one in my database, to make a similar contribution.

There are over 60,000 names in my database. If a significant percentage of us donate $2,300 to Ron Paul, he will have a decent shot at being the Republican nominee, and he is probably the only Republican candidate capable of wining the Presidency in 2008. Come election time, this country will likely be in a severe recession, and Ron Paul is the only Republican able to distance himself from President Bush, who will clearly be blamed for the mess our economy will be in.

Like me, Ron Paul was against America’s decision to invade Iraq. Unfortunately, our predictions regarding what would happen if we did have all been proven correct. However, the one good thing that could potentially come of this whole fiasco is that it may be the single biggest factor making Ron Paul so electable. If that is the price of putting the only principled man in Congress into the Oval Office then perhaps it was worth it.

Unfortunately, most of the criticism of our phony economic expansion has come from the left. The mindless cheerleading of the right will leave them devoid of any credibility on economic issues. Ron Paul is the only Republican who can say “I told you so.” If, as a result of right wing rhetoric, voters blame capitalism for our problems, this nation will take a giant turn to the left. While many on the left have criticized the economy, they have mainly done so for the wrong reasons and their “solutions” will only make the situation worse.

Fortunately we have the power to stop them and we cannot let the opportunity to do so pass us by. This is a unique moment in history, a fork in the road to serfdom. We may actually be able to prove our founding fathers wrong in their belief that democracy does not work (For those of you who do not know our nation was founded as a Republic not a Democracy). (book sales hype deleted) Perhaps with your help we can prove that the special interests of political factions can actually be overcome by an inspired electorate motivated solely by the love of freedom and a respect for the constitution.

If you are fortunate enough to be one of my clients, writing a $2,300 check should not be a problem. As I have likely made you tons of money over the years, here is an opportunity to donate some of it to a worthy cause. We have made our money by betting against the U.S and betting against the dollar. Giving $2,300 of our winnings to Ron Paul gives us the opportunity to bet ON America for a change. And it’s a bet none of us can afford to lose, and the best part about it is that if we all make this bet together we can’t lose.

My penchant for foreign investments has from time to time caused some of my critics to label me unpatriotic. While such attacks are clearly out of line, using some of our foreign profits to secure the election of Ron Paul goes a long way toward defusing such allegations.

If you are not a client and you think $2,300 is a lot of money, it’s not. In fact, if Ron Paul is not our next President, such a sum will be practically worthless by the end of the term of whoever is. So what do you have to lose? Just write the check and hope for the best.

Do not just send in $50 or $100, dig down deep and pony up. If you are married send him $4,600. Think of what is at stake. Let’s not let Ron Paul lose this election for lack of money. Think about the sacrifices others have made for this country. Think of those who have given their lives to secure the liberties we are now losing to a tyrannical Federal Government. The signers of the Declaration of Independence not only risked their sacred honor but their very lives. You have a chance to do something to reclaim the principles embedded in that document yet risk nothing but a lousy 2,300 bucks, the cost of a single plasma TV. If we all make that one small sacrifice, maybe, just maybe, those who have died defending our freedoms may finally rest in peace.

Giving money or voting for any other political candidate, Democrat or Republican, is a complete waste of time, effort and money. The only person in the race whose victory will make any difference what-so-ever is Ron Paul. Even if he does not win, just having his positions heard by a wider audience will make a bigger difference to the country than the outcome of the election itself.

Do not get me wrong; electing Ron Paul will not stop America’s day of reckoning from coming. The piper will have to be paid no matter who is in the White House. However, President Ron Paul will be extremely important if we are going to dig our way out of this giant hole. Any other declared presidential candidate will make the job far more difficult if not completely impossible.

Rebuilding a viable industrial economy will require a return to our constitutional roots of limited government, low taxes, minimal regulation, and sound money. Ron Paul is the only candidate capable of bring those reforms about. He has already proven that his principles are more important then his own reelection. He is the only man in Congress I know that power did not corrupt. In fact, with Ron Paul as President, many others in Congress might actually find the courage to vote their conscience as well.

If you do not know who Ron Paul is, visit his web site at www.RonPaul2008.com and see for yourself. He is the real deal, a true statesmen and citizen politician in the traditions envisioned by the framers of our Republic. From time to time I get emails from people suggesting that I run for President. While such suggestions are indeed flattering, I realize that they are offered purely in jest. However, for those who agree with my take on things, a vote for Ron Paul is the closet thing to a vote for me that you will ever have an opportunity to cast. He understands the real problems facing our nation and knows what must be done to enable “we the people” to solve them for ourselves.

Here is the link to make your contribution. https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate?c=SCHIFF

If you donate by telephone or use the general donation web page, make sure to reference the project code “Schiff” when you do. That way I can better judge the effectiveness of this email.

Once you have done so forward this email to every contact in your address book. Let’s give Ron Paul the greatest political war chest in history. In modern American politics money talks. With your help, Ron Paul’s voice can be the loudest one of all.

Sincerely,

Peter Schiff
President and Chief Global Strategist
Euro Pacific Capital

Also, here's a youtube of a Peter Schiff radio interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UuivYdiS5w

Zydeco
11-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Wow, this is huge.

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 08:51 PM
oh man. Here come more donations.

Awesome!!!

:)

0zzy
11-06-2007, 08:53 PM
whoever the hell he is, I love him!

walt
11-06-2007, 08:53 PM
what's with the affiliate marketing code?

I don't like that, it makes it look like the campaign owes him something

DJ RP
11-06-2007, 08:55 PM

He's a businessman, they want to know the effectiveness of things like this.

Bottom Line. This is a huge endorsement! Peter rocks!

tekkierich
What was the date of this e-mail?

John of Des Moines
whoever the hell he is, I love him!

Peter Schiff is the son of Irwin Schiff. Irwin was in A:FTF with RP

maxmerkel
11-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Wow, this is huge.

i sure hope so !

BLS
11-06-2007, 08:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schiff

He doesn't like the income tax. :D

bolidew
11-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Awesome!

bolidew
11-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Where to DIGG?
Post a link pls.

wbbgjr
11-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Peter Schiff's book Crash Proof is great.

rfbz
11-06-2007, 09:04 PM
"While many on the left have criticized the economy, they have mainly done so for the wrong reasons and their “solutions” will only make the situation worse."

True That. Socialized healthcare anyone?

michaelwise
11-06-2007, 09:04 PM
He is one of my mentors also.

DrNoZone
11-06-2007, 09:06 PM
If true, this is HUGE. He's a very well known investor/financial analyst, etc. His father is the famous tax protester Irwin Schiff. And can you imagine how many independently WEALTHY people are on this email list he sent this to?

RP4ME
11-06-2007, 09:07 PM
prety prety pretty pretty pretty good!

RP4ME
11-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Huge!!!! Thank you Pet-tahh! Lova ya!

Yes lets INVEST IN RP which is an INVESTMENT IN THE US!

Copperhed51
11-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Glad everybody is so excited. I honestly hadn't heard of Schiff but apparently this is a big deal. Awesome.

Lord Xar
11-06-2007, 09:14 PM
WHEN was his email sent out? That way we can measure the importance of his endorsement in dollars.

hopeforamerica
11-06-2007, 09:15 PM
He finally did it! My husband has been listening to him for a long time. He stated a couple of months ago that he would send out this email on his show.

For those of you that don't listen to his show, you should! He has very sound financial advice!!

http://www.financialsense.com/

Copperhed51
11-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Sorry, don't know when this was sent out. I'll let you guys know if I figure it out.

DrNoZone
11-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Did anyone else notice the interesting take Mr. Schiff has on Dr. Paul as President? Check this out:

"Do not get me wrong; electing Ron Paul will not stop America’s day of reckoning from coming. The piper will have to be paid no matter who is in the White House. However, President Ron Paul will be extremely important if we are going to dig our way out of this giant hole. Any other declared presidential candidate will make the job far more difficult if not completely impossible.

Rebuilding a viable industrial economy will require a return to our constitutional roots of limited government, low taxes, minimal regulation, and sound money. Ron Paul is the only candidate capable of bring those reforms about. He has already proven that his principles are more important then his own reelection. He is the only man in Congress I know that power did not corrupt. In fact, with Ron Paul as President, many others in Congress might actually find the courage to vote their conscience as well."

I think that's a significant thing to say and I think it's also true. I hope to hell it isn't, but my gut tells me it is. Many people think Ron Paul is our last hope to save this country before it falls; maybe he's our best hope for WHEN our country falls into a hell hole.

Copperhed51
11-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Maybe some helpful info in the comments after this article.

http://dailypaul.com/node/6092

DrNoZone
11-06-2007, 09:22 PM
I would LOVE to know the impact this email had. I'm imagining that it might have something to do with today's stellar fundraising number!

4Horsemen
11-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Ron Paul said the market will crash-- it's a ticking time bomb..:eek:

murrayrothbard
11-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Did anyone else notice the interesting take Mr. Schiff has on Dr. Paul as President? Check this out:

"Do not get me wrong; electing Ron Paul will not stop America’s day of reckoning from coming. The piper will have to be paid no matter who is in the White House. However, President Ron Paul will be extremely important if we are going to dig our way out of this giant hole. Any other declared presidential candidate will make the job far more difficult if not completely impossible.

Rebuilding a viable industrial economy will require a return to our constitutional roots of limited government, low taxes, minimal regulation, and sound money. Ron Paul is the only candidate capable of bring those reforms about. He has already proven that his principles are more important then his own reelection. He is the only man in Congress I know that power did not corrupt. In fact, with Ron Paul as President, many others in Congress might actually find the courage to vote their conscience as well."

I think that's a significant thing to say and I think it's also true. I hope to hell it isn't, but my gut tells me it is.

It is absolutely true. The best thing about RP being President during the great "correction" is that he knows what to do....NOTHING! A massive liquidation and restructuring of the capital structure is due, and the fastest and least painful way of getting through it is to just let it happen. Remove all restrictions on trade and labor and things will work themselves out in the shortest possible time. Interfering in the correction will only prolong and/or ensure that it is not fully completed.

wbbgjr
11-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Ron Paul said the market will crash-- it's a ticking time bomb..:eek:

The ironic thing is as soon as the market crashes (it's inevitable), then my investments will go through the roof and I'll be able to donate a lot more to the chip-ins.

Copperhed51
11-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Judging from the email exchange posted in the comments of the dailypaul article, this was a pretty recent occurrence. Who knows.

Pauliana
11-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Here is Peter Schiff on Cavuto getting made fun of, and being right. Hmmmm... sound familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R3ztkL5-c

bolidew
11-06-2007, 09:40 PM
How to get this word out to more people?

hopeforamerica
11-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Here is Peter Schiff on Cavuto getting made fun of, and being right. Hmmmm... sound familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R3ztkL5-c

Oh yeah, he gets this treatment ALL THE TIME! Just like Ron Paul. The intelligent people in this world get mocked, simply amazing.

liberatenyc
11-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Peter Schiff is the man. It is in your best interest to let him manage your money. His clients make a ton of it.

MsDoodahs
11-06-2007, 09:50 PM
It is legitimate.

I rec'd the email around 4:30 central time.

(disclaimer - not a client, but in his database)

:D

DeadheadForPaul
11-06-2007, 09:52 PM
I love Peter Schiff

Syren123
11-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Ohmygod that is HUGER than huge!! Peter Schiff has always been one of the super smart/cool people, but he's now been promoted to the short list.

Copperhed51
11-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Amazing, looks like it was sent out today. Good news for us it seems.

Wyurm
11-06-2007, 09:57 PM
If this is him: http://www.newsmeat.com/fec/bystate_detail.php?st=CT&last=Schiff&first=Peter

Then yes, he's definitely supporting Paul :)

Pete
11-06-2007, 09:58 PM
This is FANTASTIC. The money, the network, the knowledge that there are some patriotic money guys standing by to rebuild America. I love nice rich people (and there are many). I make my living off them!

It would be great to know if this was sparked by November 5th.

What a great letter, very perceptive and clearly from the heart.

Syren123
11-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Oh yeah, he gets this treatment ALL THE TIME! Just like Ron Paul. The intelligent people in this world get mocked, simply amazing.

Does that not just blow you completely out? It does me.
But it IS heartening when the likes of Lew Rockwell is treated like a rock star by YOUNG folks like he was the day of the Tonight Show! All kinds of people were competely stoked to meet him, get his autograph...it's so awesome when that happens.

Add Peter Schiff to that short list of ubercool smart guys, which includes
Lew Rockwell
Doug Casey
Ed Griffin

Feel free to add.

american.swan
11-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Every banker, investor, and the like who has no connections to the FED mess system should together support Ron Paul. That would be huge.

Chase
11-06-2007, 10:10 PM
I couldn't stand to read that letter in a single sitting. I kept jumping out of the chair and running around the room! I can't wait to see what the next week in donations looks like!

torchbearer
Does that not just blow you completely out? It does me.
But it IS heartening when the likes of Lew Rockwell is treated like a rock star by YOUNG folks like he was the day of the Tonight Show! All kinds of people were competely stoked to meet him, get his autograph...it's so awesome when that happens.

Add Peter Schiff to that short list of ubercool smart guys, which includes
Lew Rockwell
Doug Casey
Ed Griffin

Feel free to add.

Sounds like a great Presidential Cabinet.

torchbearer
I couldn't stand to read that letter in a single sitting. I kept jumping out of the chair and running around the room! I can't wait to see what the next week in donations looks like!

When did that email go out?

slantedview
11-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Peter had mentioned before that he'd donated to the campaign. An outright endorsement is better though :)

thechitowncubs
11-06-2007, 10:13 PM
This is huge. Absolutely amazing.

Syren123
11-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Sounds like a great Presidential Cabinet.

Peter Schiff.
Andrew Napolitano.
Jack Cafferty.

EvilEngineer
11-06-2007, 10:15 PM
wow, watching the clip from his site... I feel sorry for him. He's in a room with mental midgets and they just don't get it. Talk about people who don't understand how things really work.

timmy616
11-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Peter has done the Glen Beck show quite a bit lately. Maybe that explains all the constitution talk out of GB as of late.

hopeforamerica I listen to your hubbys radioshow every sat. morning. Its great!!!! and has made money.

nullvalu
11-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Wow, he's asking people to pony up $2,300 or $4,600 not just $50.. Wonder if this email could be responsible for some of the good donation day today?

rp0x
11-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Let's not forget Jim Rogers

nullvalu
11-06-2007, 10:24 PM
BTW, is there any way to track the effectiveness of project codes? I'd like to see how much Schiff's code brought in.. Adam Curry's too..

MsDoodahs
11-06-2007, 10:25 PM
When did that email go out?

I rec'd it between 4:30 and 5:00 pm TODAY.

RevolutionSD
11-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Peter Schiff is the son of Irwin Schiff. Irwin was in A:FTF with RP

Wow! So if RP gets elected his dad will get out of jail! COOL!

torchbearer
11-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Wow! So if RP gets elected his dad will get out of jail! COOL!

Now- that is motivation.

torchbearer
11-06-2007, 10:36 PM
BTW, is there any way to track the effectiveness of project codes? I'd like to see how much Schiff's code brought in.. Adam Curry's too..

+1

Energy
11-06-2007, 10:57 PM

It's to track where donations are coming from, nothing more. It's good to know from both his and the campaign's perspective.

MGreen
11-06-2007, 11:23 PM
I think that's a significant thing to say and I think it's also true. I hope to hell it isn't, but my gut tells me it is. Many people think Ron Paul is our last hope to save this country before it falls; maybe he's our best hope for WHEN our country falls into a hell hole.
Trust me dude, I've had my "Don't blame me - I voted for Ron Paul" shirt ready for months now. ;)

michaelwise
11-06-2007, 11:34 PM

I think that's a significant thing to say and I think it's also true. I hope to hell it isn't, but my gut tells me it is. Many people think Ron Paul is our last hope to save this country before it falls; maybe he's our best hope for WHEN our country falls into a hell hole. I already knew this, and have been telling people the some thing for quite some time. Do not be disillusioned. The day of reckoning is coming. It is inevitable. There is nothing anyone can do to stop it. Not even Ron Paul. I want Ron Paul to be there to set us on a new course after it happens. Not someone who will put us back on the old course.

MsDoodahs
11-06-2007, 11:38 PM
I already knew this, and have been telling people the some thing for quite some time. Do not be disillusioned. The day of reckoning is coming. It is inevitable. There is nothing anyone can do to stop it. Not even Ron Paul. I want Ron Paul to be there to set us on a new course after it happens. Not someone who will put us back on the old course.

Rome didn't fall in a day.

It isn't going to be a single "day" of reckoning.

It will happen over time and IMO it's already underway.

hopeforamerica
11-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Rome didn't fall in a day.

It isn't going to be a single "day" of reckoning.

It will happen over time and IMO it's already underway.

Well underway! Most people don't have a clue.

Pete Kay
11-06-2007, 11:41 PM
This is enormous! If only ten percent of the people on his list donate the maximum then that's13,800,000 dollars! Now's the time when the big money starts pouring in. I'm stunned with excitement of a possible windfall of money.

michaelwise
11-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Well underway! Most people don't have a clue.If you are looking for a clue, just check out the current dollar index on this site.
http://www.dollarcollapse.com/

hatefalseweight
11-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Jason Hommel who is a big commodity stock promoter also sent out a 2nd email about Dr. Paul to his list of 40,000 plus. Jim Puplava on Financial Sense mentions Dr. Paul almost every week and says he's been trying to get Dr. Paul on the show , even as a regular, but sounds like Dr. Paul may not realize what a gold mine he has with some of these people. Maybe he does, if you've seen his portfolio , it's all gold/ commodity stocks. He has interviewed with Al Korelin, who is much the same type of guy. By the way, for the Christian bent, most of these finance guys are openly Christian and 100% Paul supporters. I would advise everyone to podcast these shows I listen to them every week and have profited greatly from them.

torchbearer
11-06-2007, 11:48 PM
I already knew this, and have been telling people the some thing for quite some time. Do not be disillusioned. The day of reckoning is coming. It is inevitable. There is nothing anyone can do to stop it. Not even Ron Paul. I want Ron Paul to be there to set us on a new course after it happens. Not someone who will put us back on the old course.

QFT.

Original_Intent
11-06-2007, 11:56 PM

A couple things:

First, if 1/10th of his email recipients pony up that's almost 14 million dollars, not to mention his encouragement to forward the email.

Second, regarding his assessment of a Ron paul presidency - anyone who thinks that a Ron paul presidency is going to be candy and flowers had better wake up. We as a country have been living on maxxed out credit cards, and applying for new credit cards at an insane rate. Ron Paul is going to cut up the credit cards (or try his best to, Congress could over ride his veto on budgets)

If any of you have tried to dig yourself out of personal debt you know how tough that can be. Ron paul may make it possible to actually leave our posterity a solvent country, but there are a lot of people, both corporate and deserving poor, who are going to be screaming bloody murder when the public trough dries up. I would be surprised if there is not violence as people who have felt entitled to everything suddenly have tot ake responsibility for their own lives.

beerista
11-07-2007, 12:01 AM

I wonder. After all, the people cheered FDR's wrong-headed interference in prolonging the Depression and to this day his predecessor still gets the blame for it. Not that Ron Paul wouldn't be the best to have in for this type of emergency, but he'd catch holy hell and possibly impeachment for doing the right thing. Tough to be a patriot.

hopeforamerica
11-07-2007, 12:08 AM
This is enormous! If only ten percent of the people on his list donate the maximum then that's13,800,000 dollars! Now's the time when the big money starts pouring in. I'm stunned with excitement of a possible windfall of money.

Some of us are maxed out already. Wonder how many people haven't donated from his base? He does talk about Ron Paul often.

CurtisLow
11-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Great deal!

ChooseLiberty
11-07-2007, 12:36 AM
That's a great endorsement!

But I disagree with his "day of reckoning" concept.

We are already in the days of reckoning every day now. America is not ending with a bang, but with a series of whimpers.

He has a great point about the sacrifice of the people who defended this country compared to $2300.

And they weren't fighting to defend the Patriot Act or Bush's "signing statements".

danberkeley
01-14-2008, 03:18 AM
bump

Buffalo Bruce
01-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Richard Daughty, a.k.a. The Mogambo Guru, is general partner and COO for Smith Consultant Group, serving the financial and medical communities, and the editor of The Mogambo Guru economic newsletter. His column is found in Safe Haven, the Daily Reckoning, and some other financial pages. In his most recent article "The Futility of the Economic Weatherman" he writes, "except Ron Paul, the only guy there who even vaguely understands what they are supposed to be doing and why he should be the next President of the United States." http://www.dailyreckoning.com/Writers/Mogambo/DREssays/MG011708.html

RSLudlum
01-17-2008, 10:21 PM
bump