PDA

View Full Version : How to become a DELEGATE in TEXAS!

tsetsefly
11-06-2007, 08:32 PM
I think we should have one topic stickied with info for each state, here is the info for becoming a delegate in texas:

http://www.texasgop.org/site/DocServer/PARTICIPATING_IN_THE_CONVENTION_PROCESS.pdf?docID= 3581

This is just an excerpt:

The Precinct Convention Process
The Republican Party’s primary election will be held on March 4, 2008. Those who vote in the
Republican primary will choose the candidates who will represent our Party in the November general
election. Less well-known, but just as important, are the decisions that will be made after the polls close
at precinct conventions – a type of town hall meeting.
Anyone who votes in the Republican primary election (either in early voting, voting by mail, or
at the polls on election day) is eligible to attend his or her precinct convention. Your convention will
take place at your precinct’s election day polling place within two hours after the polls close at 7:00 p.m.
The time and place of your precinct convention must be posted at each poll during primary election day.
Expect anywhere from one to well over 100 participants to attend.
The precinct convention is called to order by the Precinct Chairman or a person acting in his
stead. This person is the Temporary Precinct Convention Chairman. A Permanent Precinct Convention
Chairman and Secretary are then elected by majority vote. The Convention Chairman may appoint a
Sergeant-at-Arms and/or a Parliamentarian. There are only two items of business for the precinct
convention: election of delegates and alternates to county or senatorial district conventions, and the
approval of resolutions to be sent to these conventions.
Each precinct is entitled to send to the county/senatorial district convention one delegate and one
alternate for every 25 votes, or major fraction thereof, cast for Governor Rick Perry in that precinct in
the 2006 general election. In districts where the size of a convention is a problem, the ratio may be set at
one delegate and alternate for every 40 votes.
At the precinct convention, attendees decide by majority vote who gets to be delegates and
alternates to the county/senatorial district convention. Often, everyone who attends becomes a delegate
to the next level. However, if a large number attend, decisions will need to be made as to who will be a
delegate and who will be an alternate.
The only requirement to be elected as a delegate or alternate to the county/senatorial district convention
is to have voted in the 2008 Republican primary election. It is not required to attend the precinct
convention in order to be elected to the next higher level. Longtime Republicans often perform tasks for
the party or candidates during Election Day, which prevents them from being able to attend. However,
for those who are new to the party, attending the precinct convention will definitely increase the
likelihood of being one of those elected.

wealeat
11-10-2007, 04:42 AM
I have sent a few emails to Jean, the state coordinator, about this. We definitely to try to get as many delegates as possible.

terlinguatx
11-12-2007, 12:37 AM

texasbelle
11-12-2007, 11:35 PM
SO we need to #1 vote in the March 4th primary then #2 go back to the precinct convention around 7pm that evening and try to be elected as delegates?

Then what????

Thanks for any info!!!

tsetsefly
11-16-2007, 02:16 AM
I have sent a few emails to Jean, the state coordinator, about this. We definitely to try to get as many delegates as possible.

did you get an email back from her, I read the whole article and still not sure about what I need to do, lol...

82ndVET4RP
11-16-2007, 02:40 AM
Do we just go to the meeting after the polls close? Then there an election process?

wealeat
11-16-2007, 02:39 PM
I actually spoke with Jean last night at a meeting in Houston, but she was kinda pulled in all different directions, so I didn't get to bring this up. That said, when she spoke she said that the state site on ronpaul2008.com is going to be updated soon with info on becoming a delegate, so hopefully that will clear things up for us.

JAYCEE
11-23-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm not sure what a delegate is but I'm willing to do it. Would delegates travel to the party convention? If so, I can do that too.

fortilite
12-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Here is a very good step by step:

http://www3.webng.com/ronpaul/become_delegate_TX.html

March 4th: Primary Election Day and Precinct Convention: After you VOTE in the Primary, your registration card should be stamped “Republican” or "Democrat", proving you voted in a particular Primary. After you vote in the Republican primary, you should ask then (or before of course) for the location of the “Republican Precinct Convention” for your local precinct. It begins after the polls close at 7:00 PM, between 7:30PM and 8:30PM, usually at or very near the polling place.

Every voter is assigned to a neighborhood precinct. Each precinct has a “delegate strength”, a number of allocated convention delegates for the next level convention, based on the number of Republican Primary votes for Governor (from the previous election cycle). If you live in a strongly Democrat precinct, you may have only one or two Republican delegates. If you live where I do (Precinct #333), a strong Republican precinct, you may have a dozen or more delegates. Each delegate position also has an “alternate” delegate spot – alternate delegates may attend the next convention and be “seated” (with voting rights) if a delegate fails to show up. As a rule, every "alternate" who shows up always gets seated, but there are always plenty of "delegate" no-shows. (But of course, it's always better to be delegate than alternate.)

Bradley in DC
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Here is a very good step by step:

http://www3.webng.com/

That site had ERRONEOUS information for most states. :mad:

Jeff Greenspan has told me personally he did NOT recommend it.

Organizers for Dr. Paul around the country do everything they can to stop that virus.

You can see my debate with him here:
http://www.ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?t=183

Scott Friday
12-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Being new to all this Primary stuff, I have no clue how things work.

So I vote for Paul on March 4th. Say enough other people do likewise that he wins in Texas. That still does not make him the Republican candidate for President right? If he wins the majority of state primaries, does that make him the Republican candidate? Or is there some other goofy process like the electoral college in the presidential election?

What is all this about delegates and conventions? What is the purpose of all that stuff and why does it matter?

Maverick
12-05-2007, 03:01 PM
This is good stuff to know. Thanks for posting this.

There's one thing I don't understand though. Why is it that you can only become a delegate after the primary? But there are people posting on the forums saying that they are already delegates. Do some states pick their delegates beforehand?

Also, I was at a meetup the other night, and a few people told me I ought to look into running for precinct chair. Any advice on how to go about doing that?

fortilite
12-05-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm still confused, let's just individually call the Texas GOP ourselves and figure it out. You don't need to mention you are a Ron Paul supporter considering how the Florida and California GOP both tried to shut us out.

http://www.texasgop.org/site/PageServer

http://www.texasgop.org/site/DocServer/PARTICIPATING_IN_THE_CONVENTION_PROCESS.pdf?docID= 3581

Sounds pretty easy, just vote and while there ask the polling volunteer about the district gop convention meeting.

"Anyone who votes in the Republican primary election (either in early voting, voting by mail, or
at the polls on election day) is eligible to attend his or her precinct convention. Your convention will
take place at your precinct’s election day polling place within two hours after the polls close at 7:00 p.m.
The time and place of your precinct convention must be posted at each poll during primary election day.
Expect anywhere from one to well over 100 participants to attend."

also

"At the precinct convention, attendees decide by majority vote who gets to be delegates and
alternates to the county/senatorial district convention. Often, everyone who attends becomes a delegate
to the next level. However, if a large number attend, decisions will need to be made as to who will be a
delegate and who will be an alternate."

It's important that we show up in large numbers so we can get voted in to the next stage!

blacksforronpaul
12-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Do i need to go ahead and join the texas republican party first.

Bryan
12-12-2007, 11:59 AM

It's not required but getting involved in a local GOP group isn't a bad idea.

TomTX
12-16-2007, 07:55 PM

Technically, no.

In most precincts, you can be elected as a delegate to the county/senatorial district convention directly from your precinct with no problem.

Register to vote.

Vote in the Republican Primary. Get your card stamped.

Show up at the precinct convention.

In most precincts there are more delegate slots than available/active people.

If not, you will have to be ready. Bring your Ron Paul-loving friends from your precinct.

Why? Precinct votes for everything are by majority rule. Operation of the precinct convention is by Roberts Rules of Order.

If you know the rules* and have the majority of the people present to vote, YOU control who will be a delegate - even if the Chari shows up with a slate of buddies he wants as delegates, but who failed to show up.

*Best starter and quick reference guide is "Parliamentary Procedure at a Glance" by O. Garfield Jones.

ninepointfive
08-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Are any of you all able to get the updated Texas delegate information? the texas state GOP site is down in that first link!

truthspeaker
08-23-2011, 06:50 PM
I heard that we won't have runner-up delegates this year!!!

What was the National GOP's announcement on this? Did we lose them?

tsetsefly
11-27-2011, 08:41 AM
bump, I didnt even know I started this thread the last election, lol...

Elwar
11-27-2011, 10:19 AM
I was a state delegate in Texas in 2008. Let me know if you have any questions.

1. Go vote for Ron Paul on primary day.
2. Show up just as the polls are closing (probably 7pm)
3. Ask the poll worker where the Republican precinct convention will be (usually a small room near the polling room).
4. Go to that room (if nobody shows up, you are the precinct chair...get the packet from the poll worker, instructions are on it...you won).
5. There will probably be a precinct chair there. He will run the meeting and you will vote for delegates (YOU WANT TO BE A DELEGATE).

6. You are a precinct delegate, congratulations. You will then go to your county/district convention a few weeks later.
7. Go to the county/district convention. They will vote on a bunch of BS stuff. They will combine precincts and vote for 1 or 2 state delegates. YOU WANT TO BE A STATE DELEGATE.

8. You are a state delegate, congratulations. A few months later (summer), you will go to the state convention. They will vote on a bunch of BS stuff and worship neo-cons. You will vote for national delegates. YOU WANT TO BE A NATIONAL DELEGATE. Or, you want to be the electoral college pick (more important).

9. You are a national delegate, congratulations. If it is a brokered convention you are required to vote for the winner of Texas in the first couple of rounds but if they do not have the candidate chosen after those first few rounds you are free to vote for whichever candidate you want. Vote for Ron Paul, make him our next president.

9b. You are an electoral college representative. You signed something saying that you would vote for the candidate chosen by the Republican party if he wins in November. But screw that, this is a R3VOLution...vote Ron Paul, make him our next president.

10. Ron Paul wins.

For all of this, it is good to coordinate with others in your precinct to get each other elected at each level. I was lucky in that I was in a huge Republican precinct but my precinct chair was ready to retire from it all and handed off the reins to me. I was automatically the precinct delegate, then because my district was so big I could send 2 people to the state convention, so I sent myself. The state convention was heavily filled with establishment folks. Debra Medina gave a great speech at the convention. I also went to the local Republican headquarters and asked to become the next precinct chair for my precinct. They informed the lady that was the chair for the past 30 years and she was happy to hand over the job to someone else.

RpJohns
12-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Do we just go to the meeting after the polls close? Then there an election process?

Last election in 2008. I showed up at 7pm. And won my precinct easily.

First: Someone there has to start the event off. So if you are prepared with the paperwork to explain how everything works, you are almost sure to win their vote. :) Only three people showed up other than me, won the vote 3-1.

Hope to See you in Tampa!

TexasJake
12-21-2011, 10:15 AM
I was a state delegate in Texas in 2008. Let me know if you have any questions.

1. Go vote for Ron Paul on primary day.
2. Show up just as the polls are closing (probably 7pm)
3. Ask the poll worker where the Republican precinct convention will be (usually a small room near the polling room).
4. Go to that room (if nobody shows up, you are the precinct chair...get the packet from the poll worker, instructions are on it...you won).
5. There will probably be a precinct chair there. He will run the meeting and you will vote for delegates (YOU WANT TO BE A DELEGATE).

6. You are a precinct delegate, congratulations. You will then go to your county/district convention a few weeks later.
7. Go to the county/district convention. They will vote on a bunch of BS stuff. They will combine precincts and vote for 1 or 2 state delegates. YOU WANT TO BE A STATE DELEGATE.

8. You are a state delegate, congratulations. A few months later (summer), you will go to the state convention. They will vote on a bunch of BS stuff and worship neo-cons. You will vote for national delegates. YOU WANT TO BE A NATIONAL DELEGATE. Or, you want to be the electoral college pick (more important).

9. You are a national delegate, congratulations. If it is a brokered convention you are required to vote for the winner of Texas in the first couple of rounds but if they do not have the candidate chosen after those first few rounds you are free to vote for whichever candidate you want. Vote for Ron Paul, make him our next president.

9b. You are an electoral college representative. You signed something saying that you would vote for the candidate chosen by the Republican party if he wins in November. But screw that, this is a R3VOLution...vote Ron Paul, make him our next president.

10. Ron Paul wins.

For all of this, it is good to coordinate with others in your precinct to get each other elected at each level. I was lucky in that I was in a huge Republican precinct but my precinct chair was ready to retire from it all and handed off the reins to me. I was automatically the precinct delegate, then because my district was so big I could send 2 people to the state convention, so I sent myself. The state convention was heavily filled with establishment folks. Debra Medina gave a great speech at the convention. I also went to the local Republican headquarters and asked to become the next precinct chair for my precinct. They informed the lady that was the chair for the past 30 years and she was happy to hand over the job to someone else.

Thanks for posting this. My wife and I want to be delegates and were able to find a little information, but it is nice to see it all put together in one spot. It is amazing how hard it is to find reliable information on this stuff.

Ronulus
12-21-2011, 10:26 AM
I think I can easily be a delegate in my precinct. I will try.

Elwar
12-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks for posting this. My wife and I want to be delegates and were able to find a little information, but it is nice to see it all put together in one spot. It is amazing how hard it is to find reliable information on this stuff.

You may be surprised at how helpful your local Republican Party campaign headquarters is. There is no reason to tell them who you support, just that you want to be precinct chairman. They are usually happy to fill those slots.

The role of the precinct chair is to get as many people in your precinct to vote Republican as possible.

TexasJake
12-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Looks like our precinct already has a chair, but I feel a lot better about the processs now, we'll be there!

libertarian4321
01-04-2012, 04:38 AM

Yup.

The precinct conventions start after the polls close (I just voted late, and hung around in 2008).

Stick around your polling place, and after the election is over, they will divide people up by precinct (assuming more than one precinct votes at your polling place). You go into a room and hold the precinct convention- you pick delegates, and can make proposals to change the party platform. Odds are, no more than 3-5 people will show up for your precinct (in mine, in San Antonio, it was just me and husband/wife couple- we all got to be delegates at the district convention).

- from a fellow (chairborne :) Army vet

libertarian4321
01-04-2012, 04:44 AM
I think I can easily be a delegate in my precinct. I will try.

It's really pretty easy. Hardly anyone shows up for these things (in 2008, only 3 people showed up for the GOP precinct convention, but probably a hundred showed up for the Dem convention, because Hillary and Obama were still battling it out).

At this point, I've decided not to run for office as a Libertarian. I'm in with the GOP all the way. If Ron is still in the race when the Texas primary rolls around, great. If not, I'm still going to the precinct convention, and I will nominate myself for the district convention, and I will do my damdest to push the Texas GOP toward Liberty!

truthspeaker
01-04-2012, 04:16 PM
I'll try to be a delegate too. However, I can only go to the conventions up until the State level (won't be able to have enough off days after that). After that--It'd have to be another RP supporter to be bumped forwards.

Edit:

Just a quick reminder--we're not just pushing for a presidential nominee. We'll be creating the 2012 GOP platform. Yes, we can move it back towards liberty. Or at least closer to our 2000 platform.

truthspeaker
01-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Just a correction on the first post. It's the wording:
"take place at your precinct’s election day polling place within two hours after the polls close at 7:00 p.m."

Show up right before 7p.m. That's when the convention begins.

goldfish
01-09-2012, 07:26 AM

I'm trying to make sure I understand. If I am a delegate at the county/district convention, I am not yet voting for ron paul but am instead voting on which delegate to push through to the next level?

Same question as above, at the state convention, we aren't voting for ron paul but instead to choose the delegates to the national convention?

At which point do you get to volunteer to be an electoral college pick? What is involved with being an electoral college pick? Where does this take place?

Elwar
01-10-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm trying to make sure I understand. If I am a delegate at the county/district convention, I am not yet voting for ron paul but am instead voting on which delegate to push through to the next level?

Same question as above, at the state convention, we aren't voting for ron paul but instead to choose the delegates to the national convention?

At which point do you get to volunteer to be an electoral college pick? What is involved with being an electoral college pick? Where does this take place?

There will not be any votes for Ron Paul himself until the national convention. But you want to vote for Ron Paul supporters at all levels. There is voting for many different positions within the party. That is how WE become the "establishment". And in Texas, when you go to the national convention as a delegate, you must vote for the winner of the Texas primary for the first 2 (or 3?) votes until someone has the majority. After those first 2, then you are released from your obligation and you can vote for Ron Paul.

As for electoral college. At your county meeting at the state convention you will announce that you wish to be a candidate for the electoral college. You may want to start campaigning for it beforehand. What is involved is that you will sign a contract stating that you will vote for the candidate that the Republican Party picks during the electoral college vote after the general election. If the Republican wins the general election, then you will be sent to Austin to take part in the electoral college vote. At which time you may decide to break the contract and suffer the ramifications in order to vote for Ron Paul anyway (if he does not receive the RP nomination). A few electors have done so in the past, which actually gave us our first electoral votes for a female candidate back in the 80s.

RANDALLPINK7
03-04-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm still a little unsure about what to do. I live in Medina County (the county directly West of San Antonio). I vote just 2 miles from my house, but there are polls all over the county. Do I just stay right where I vote or is there a central location I need to be at?

Thanks,
Randy

RANDALLPINK7
03-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Nevermind, I got it figured out.

butterflyeblue
03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
All this has changed for this year correct. Is there not anything new pertaining to delegate process for this year, because I do not believe it is working as outlined in these old posts for this year with the redistricting.

nf7mate
03-08-2012, 08:55 PM
All this has changed for this year correct. Is there not anything new pertaining to delegate process for this year, because I do not believe it is working as outlined in these old posts for this year with the redistricting.

It's a mess this year. Some counties are having precinct conventions, some are not. Contact your Republican Party County Headquarters and ask how they are selecting delegates this year. My county (Tarrant) is having a meeting on Saturday to discuss whether or not to have precinct conventions.

Defconzero
03-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Definetly need to do this if anyone is San Antonio i want to be a delegate too!!

butterflyeblue
03-21-2012, 02:30 AM
i responded on another post somewhere for TX, but attended the first meeting of the local gop and our convention is 4/21 and they formed a nomination committee prior to my becoming involved and they have already compiled a list of delegates and alternates and assuming they are planning to vote on this list come 4/21, and I know the convention is open to public and credentialing is being done prior to convention start time, but not sure if you can nominate yourself to be voted on during the convention especially given they already have a list of delegates compiled??

drummergirl
03-28-2012, 09:45 PM
i responded on another post somewhere for TX, but attended the first meeting of the local gop and our convention is 4/21 and they formed a nomination committee prior to my becoming involved and they have already compiled a list of delegates and alternates and assuming they are planning to vote on this list come 4/21, and I know the convention is open to public and credentialing is being done prior to convention start time, but not sure if you can nominate yourself to be voted on during the convention especially given they already have a list of delegates compiled??

Any list they already have is from a temporary nominations committee. Even if they've already had all of their meetings (call, they may not be done), you can still let them know you wish to be considered.

At your county/SD convention they'll create a permanent nominations committee which will probably meet for 30 minutes to an hour. You can put your name in for consideration and speak for yourself at that time. hopefully, you'll get on the list.

Brown Sapper
03-28-2012, 09:53 PM
These are the groups that we are organizing into. Find your district and sign up. Some of them have meetup groups as well. They will also be posting information as it comes down.

Texas Ron Paul fans, we are organizing by Senate District Convention and County.

Please use ONLY THIS resource to locate your Senate District
http://gis1.tlc.state.tx.us/?PlanHeader=PLANs172

Click "Find" then "Address"

Most Senate District conventions held April 21
Voter registration card mailed April 25

You may also send questions to houstonronpaul2012@lycos.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-1-for-Ro...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-2-for-Ro...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ron-Paul-Montgomery-County-TX/...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-5-for-Ro...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-6-for-Ro...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-7-for-Ro...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-8-for-Ro...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-9-for-Ro...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-10-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-11-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-12-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-13-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-14-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-15-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-16-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-17-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-18-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-19-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-20-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-21-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-22-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-23-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-24-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-25-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-26-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-27-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-28-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-29-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-30-for-R...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-31-for-R...

Carlybee
03-29-2012, 08:38 AM
That link for SD17 no worky

KMX
03-29-2012, 08:40 AM
If you are in Tarrant County you need to get to training. If you need help finding your way , PM me.

drummergirl
03-29-2012, 11:09 PM
SD 25 link broken

hillertexas
04-02-2012, 04:09 PM
the link for SD7 is not working either...the URL is coming up as ht tps://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Senate-District-7-for-Ro

What is the ending to the URL?

Thanks.

KMX
04-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Tonight is Tarrant County!!! starts @ 7pm but be there early!

tfurrh
03-04-2014, 09:38 AM
bump?

link is broken, but the procedure is still the same right?

1836er
03-04-2014, 11:00 AM
bump?

link is broken, but the procedure is still the same right?

Yep. Just show up at your precinct convention (the same place where election day voting takes place) right before the polls close tonight at 7pm. Be sure to bring a digital and/or 3 printed copies (to make life easier on the precinct chair) of any resolutions you'd like to send to the county convention and be sure to nominate yourself to be a delegate at the county convention. Also, if you bring your voting registration card with the stamp showing that you voted in today's GOP primary that will make it easier on the precinct chair and/or precinct convention secretary as they won't have to verify with the election judge that you're eligible to participate in the precinct convention.

CaseyJones
03-04-2014, 06:25 PM
bump!

Bern
03-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Went to my precinct convention last night. It was held in a conference room at a local credit union. There were 7 precincts holding meetings in the building - spread out across two rooms. There were maybe 20 people there total. Some precincts had no one show up (just the precinct captain/leader). A family member and I were half the contingent for my precinct. Our precinct is large enough to have been allotted 50 delegates to the county convention. Looks like I won't have any problem being selected as a delegate to state if I want to go (and participate in the Presidential Straw Poll, FWIW).

truthspeaker
03-05-2014, 09:52 AM
I am a delegate too for county.

Bern
03-24-2014, 09:34 AM
I went to my GOP county convention on Saturday. It was a really small affair compared to 2012 - maybe half as many people in attendance. Our county was eligible to send 140 delegates and 140 alternates to the state convention. We had 128 delegates make the final list (and no alternates). Pretty much everyone who showed up and wanted to go made the delegate list. We had the delegate slate business done before lunch (which was great because I left at that time and didn't stick around for the platform/resolutions debates in the afternoon).

I got to hear speeches from a few candidates in some local (county) run-off races and I got to talk to several of them individually as we were all milling about too.

I was also really glad to see a bunch of liberty minded folks (Ron Paul supporters) that I met in 2012 still being involved and planning to go to the State convention again.

archer1600
03-24-2014, 11:02 PM
I went to my GOP county convention on Saturday. It was a really small affair compared to 2012 - maybe half as many people in attendance. Our county was eligible to send 140 delegates and 140 alternates to the state convention. We had 128 delegates make the final list (and no alternates). Pretty much everyone who showed up and wanted to go made the delegate list. We had the delegate slate business done before lunch (which was great because I left at that time and didn't stick around for the platform/resolutions debates in the afternoon).

I got to hear speeches from a few candidates in some local (county) run-off races and I got to talk to several of them individually as we were all milling about too.

I was also really glad to see a bunch of liberty minded folks (Ron Paul supporters) that I met in 2012 still being involved and planning to go to the State convention again.

What SD Are you in?

Bern
03-25-2014, 05:48 AM

tfurrh
03-26-2014, 12:12 PM
same at mine. I'm going to state. Let the good times roll.

archer1600
03-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Well, see you gentlemen at State. Exact situation at my SD convention. 10

Bern
06-02-2014, 07:17 AM
Probably everyone here knows this already, but for those delegates attending the convention, there is an agenda posted here:

http://www.texasgop.org/convention/agenda-activities/