PDA

View Full Version : New Paul supporter

thecoloredsky
11-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Hey all!

Been a life long Republican and I reluctantly admit that I pulled the trigger last time for McCain. I didn't like him, but fell into the mantra of "better him than the other guy." Well that has to end, because if I willfully admit that I am voting for someone because they are the lesser of two evils, then I have failed my forefathers and everything they fought for. This has to stop. I'm voting Ron Paul regardless of his chances to win. I can't honestly pull the voting handle for anyone who wants to take my personal freedom or sovereignty away.

I will be telling all my family and friends to listen to Ron Paul more carefully instead of automatically assuming the mainstream media knows what is good for us.

JoshLowry
11-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Was there a specific video or article that triggered your change of heart?

CaptainAmerica
become a delegate asap

bluesc
Welcome! This is always encouraging.

Since Ron is now 1st in Iowa, and 2nd in NH, being the only alternative to Romney, I'd say his chances of winning are going up significantly :).

It's great to have you here.

bluesc
11-22-2011, 01:35 PM
become a delegate asap

Since this is a "Welcome!" forum, you can't even include that word in your post?

AdamT
11-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Welcome! See post #2 above.

trey4sports
11-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Welcome, hope you've seen the new poll :)

http://www.revolutionpac.com/2011/11/new-iowa-poll-places-ron-paul-firmly-in-first-with-25/

phill4paul
11-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Welcome!

CaptUSA
11-22-2011, 01:40 PM
I always say, "If you vote for the lesser of two evils, don't complain when you end up with evil - you voted for it!"

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
11-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your story. Be sure to stop into chat sometime and say hi.

CoreyBowen999
11-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Welcome :)

vechorik
11-22-2011, 01:47 PM
The lesser of two evils is still evil, isn't it?
So glad to see you. I'm new too. United Nations Agenda 21 woke me
into realizing there's not much difference between most Democrats and some Republicans.

thecoloredsky
11-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Was there a specific video or article that triggered your change of heart?

Specific? No. But after the market collapse in 2008 I started looking into precious metals as wealth protection. Next thing you know I felt like Nero from the Matrix. Every rock I uncovered there was a surprise. The biggest being what we define as "money" and how its actually debt! I thought this was a good video to explain the Federal Reserve and its effect on the system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExBE651_vOY

CaptainAmerica
11-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Since this is a "Welcome!" forum, you can't even include that word in your post? Nope, I didn't say something offensive did I?

RDM
11-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Welcome aboard!!!:)

Sola_Fide
11-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Welcome here.

Be sure to make use of the search function. There is a wealth of information on these boards.

North Beach Bum
11-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Hey all!

Been a life long Republican and I reluctantly admit that I pulled the trigger last time for McCain. I didn't like him, but fell into the mantra of "better him than the other guy." Well that has to end, because if I willfully admit that I am voting for someone because they are the lesser of two evils, then I have failed my forefathers and everything they fought for. This has to stop. I'm voting Ron Paul regardless of his chances to win. I can't honestly pull the voting handle for anyone who wants to take my personal freedom or sovereignty away.

I will be telling all my family and friends to listen to Ron Paul more carefully instead of automatically assuming the mainstream media knows what is good for us.

I am a new Ron Paul supporter as well. I finally came to my senses about a week ago when I realized that none of the other Republican candidates are worth a darn. I am tired of the status quo and am ready for a real change.

North Beach Bum
11-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Also... I want to thank the adminstrator for validating my account. Thank you. :)

LibertyEagle
11-22-2011, 05:10 PM
It's so great to see you folks here. Welcome! :)

bluesc
11-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Nope, I didn't say something offensive did I?

It appeared to be rude. Is that how you greet new people when you meet them in your daily life?

bluesc
11-22-2011, 05:15 PM
I am a new Ron Paul supporter as well. I finally came to my senses about a week ago when I realized that none of the other Republican candidates are worth a darn. I am tired of the status quo and am ready for a real change.

Welcome! Who were you supporting before?

thehighwaymanq
11-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Welcome! Nice to have you :)

trey4sports
11-22-2011, 05:17 PM
tons of new folks today.

donnay
11-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Hey all!

Welcome aboard! It's always good to see a life long republican breaking out the matrix!

+rep

North Beach Bum
11-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Welcome! Who were you supporting before?

Herman Cain. LOL

bluesc
11-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Herman Cain. LOL

We forgive you ;)

vechorik
11-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Hey, I'm a 60 year old Tea Party Christian and I feel quite at home here with Dr. Ron Paul. I trust him. Heck, I love that man and I surely never loved a politician before! You should feel quite at home too! Lots of friendly people here. Just jump in anywhere you feel comfortable. We need some help with the phone banks if you don't mind reading a boring (short) script and have a phone with unlimited long distance (the computer dials the numbers for you). You can read about it here (like when you log in and click "new posts")