PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul as super surrogate

Chomsky
11-22-2011, 08:18 AM
http://milwaukeestory.com/index.php/2011/11/22/rand-paul-as-super-surrogate-336/

"Rand is not only a surrogate on the stump but also as a fundraiser. He can tap into the nationwide Tea Party movement as well as his father's Liberty movement and act as a bridge between the two movements, dulling the edge on any disagreements the two factions may have on foreign policy or social issues..."

I would have said Ron does fine with Tea Party supporters until I saw the last CNN poll, so I have to agree with this ananalysis.

trey4sports
11-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Historically Ron has ALWAYS done poorly with the Tea Party. At least the "national" Tea Party. Rand would be a great bridge. Remember though, there is a fine line between shilling and stumping. Rand can only do so much without looking like Ron's posterboy rather than a junior senator from KY. I'd imagine he will come to Iowa in December sometime.

ctiger2
11-22-2011, 10:04 AM
I would have said Ron does fine with Tea Party supporters until I saw the last CNN poll, so I have to agree with this ananalysis.

Yep, the natl Tea Party movement is prob 15% Libertarian and 85% NeoCon Statists.

Chomsky
11-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Yep, the natl Tea Party movement is prob 15% Libertarian and 85% NeoCon Statists.

That is pretty shocking when you think about how the Tea Party rallies started.