PDA

View Full Version : Bernanke Is Going To End Up Bailing Out All Of Europe

bobbyw24
11-22-2011, 08:07 AM
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's apologetic take on the Fed's negative role in causing the Great Depression may translate into a willingness to bail out Europe, writes economics blogger James Pethokoukis.

Bernanke will not be willing to let the European Central Bank's ineffectiveness infect U.S. banks and destroy the global economy.

He points to statements from well-known independent economist Ed Yardeni to elaborate on that idea:

Given the ECB’s reluctance to act, I suspect that the Fed will spearhead the formation of a Global Liquidity Facility (GLF) to avert a global financial meltdown. Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke demonstrated that he is a master at putting together such emergency measures back in 2008. In effect, it would act as the world’s central bank. Mr. Bernanke is clearly very worried about the prospect that the European sovereign debt crisis is a contagion that could spread to the US . . .

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/economists-ben-bernanke-is-going-to-bail-out-europe-2011-11#ixzz1eRXNYBcK

Kelly.
11-22-2011, 09:35 AM
by the fed, you mean the taxpayers, right?

bobbyw24
11-22-2011, 09:44 AM

BINGO

HOLLYWOOD
11-22-2011, 10:21 AM
INFLATION... Bernake is a racketeering criminal

Steven Douglas
11-22-2011, 10:22 AM

Yes, along with anyone who holds US debt.

Hey China and Japan,

Dear old buddies, have I got a hot deal that neither of you can refuse! Want to go jointly and severally liable with Europe by proxy? I'm sure you're both on board, so I'm taking the liberty of seriously devaluing all of your debt holdings for a good old fashioned bailout party. I'll sign your names to the card.

Sorry for the inconvenience, won't happen again until next time.

Kiss Kiss,
Ben

nobody's_hero
11-22-2011, 11:55 AM
I think we should stop calling them "bailouts." That implies that Bernanke is throwing money at them so that they'll recover. There's rarely any recovery. They're just throwing money into a black hole at this point.

specsaregood
11-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Was there ever any doubt?

Travlyr
11-22-2011, 12:17 PM
INFLATION... Bernake is a racketeering criminal
And currently there are non-violent people sitting in the jailhouses where Bernanke and his criminal gang of warmongering thieves should be sitting.

Arklatex
11-22-2011, 01:01 PM
They'll probably need a good market scare, and then it'll be done. Gold will be $3000 :)

Steven Douglas
11-22-2011, 01:06 PM
I think we should stop calling them "bailouts." That implies that Bernanke is throwing money at them so that they'll recover. There's rarely any recovery. They're just throwing money into a black hole at this point.

The real illusion is that there is an "us" and "them", when it's nothing more than a global network of Ponzi schemes, all forced to prop each other up to keep the illusion of solvency alive and delay and expand the inevitable singularity, which only enlarges the magnitude of the ultimate crash. We are at the point where if a big enough one falls down, we all fall down, and that's the madness of it all.

When I hear collectivist ideologues, of all spots and stripes, reason that "we're all in it together", I think, yeah, you blithering moron, you don't know just how right, and just how stupid you are. We were all born into this Ponzi scheme together, only it just happens to appeal to your sensibilities, so you've bought into it, hook, line and sinker - I want no part of it.

It's like each of us are tethered to the same network of centralized, interconnected ticking bombs. Breaking your own tether causes the countdown timer to tick that much faster. It is the only way to survive, though, because it is not a question of whether the bomb will ultimately go off, but only when, and how. The point has been reached where the entire system has become so unstable that even small crashes can trigger an ultimately catastrophic failure. As more people realize how unstable it all is, and see the inevitability that is absolutely unavoidable - that the Ponzi scheme has both real and theoretical limits to its aggregate size and rate of expansion - a mass exodus will ensue, as a trickle turns into a flood, all of which causes the countdown timer speed to increase exponentially until everything implodes, and the energy that was once siphoned off as systemic fraud is all converted into mass genocide.

At that point they are no longer guilty of fraud, but murder.

Here is the tragic part - if everyone decoupled from the system at once, the music would stop at once and the devastation would be total. Everyone would be wiped out at once - even most who might otherwise have survived, as it is quickly revealed that not only have multiple titles and claims to the same tangible wealth been sold many, MANY times over, but that most of the chairs representing even the wealth that once existed had long been taken completely out of the game.

For that reason I pity the average survivor every bit as much as those who will be decimated - excepting the very, very few who saw it coming, knew what it was, were an active part of what caused it, and yet did nothing but fortify their own positions.

apex
11-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Why isnt China wanting to buy land off of these countries? Sure it has plenty of land, but why not expand! lol Hasnt anyone played Civilization!?> haha