PDA

View Full Version : Do you know 1million Iranian live in US?

mars4rp
11-22-2011, 02:07 AM
do you know almost 1 million Iranian live in US? and Dr. Ron Paul is only person dont support attacking Iran?
most of this population live in south California , they usually dont vote , and they are mostly dem , but Dr. Paul have a big advantage.
I dont think any campaign have any plan to reach iranian in US, at least no GOP candidate , they easily will vote for Dr. paul at least in primary.

mars4rp
11-22-2011, 11:05 PM
no one care about at least 500 000 potential vote?

bluesc
11-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Considering Obama will be supporting any attack against Iran before the election, many of them may vote for Ron, if they even bother to watch the war mongering, islamaphobe Republican debates.

mars4rp
11-22-2011, 11:41 PM
I don't want to wait till Obama attack iran , we can do something about it , they are a lot of Iranians in DC maryland and a lot of them in South california , they have their own radio and community ,and approaching them looks so easy , do we have any campaign in CA yet?

kylejack
11-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Iranian-American, you mean? Or Persian? Not sure which you mean.

Brian4Liberty
11-22-2011, 11:51 PM
I've never met any Iranians in the US. Met several Persians though. ;)

mars4rp
11-23-2011, 12:02 AM
:))) that's the same thing , persia is old name of Iran , because of shitty government in iran , people prefer to introduce themselves persian

kylejack
11-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Well...An Iranian-American is typically a naturalized former Iranian citizen. Whereas a Persian is the racial/ethnic group. A Persian could be purebred American.

VanBummel
11-23-2011, 12:05 AM
There's something the other candidates can use when defending their war plans. Building internment camps = creating jobs. :rolleyes:

specsaregood
11-23-2011, 12:05 AM
do you know almost 1 million Iranian live in US? and Dr. Ron Paul is only person dont support attacking Iran?
most of this population live in south California , they usually dont vote , and they are mostly dem , but Dr. Paul have a big advantage.
I dont think any campaign have any plan to reach iranian in US, at least no GOP candidate , they easily will vote for Dr. paul at least in primary.

a great many of them are here because they fled persecution from the current regime; i wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they would be against "regime change" there.

bluesc
11-23-2011, 12:07 AM
I don't want to wait till Obama attack iran , we can do something about it , they are a lot of Iranians in DC maryland and a lot of them in South california , they have their own radio and community ,and approaching them looks so easy , do we have any campaign in CA yet?

No, I didn't mean wait for him to bomb them, I was more referring to his rhetoric towards them, and the media coverage. Obama is on the war path. There are many communities in California that will be very strong for Ron, and with some outreach regarding his neutral view towards Iran based on diplomacy would help.

California is a late voting state, so to set anything up there right now would be a waste of resources (to reach out to anyone there). Grassroots outreach is definitely doable though.

bluesc
11-23-2011, 12:09 AM
a great many of them are here because they fled persecution from the current regime; i wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they would be against "regime change" there.

You make a good point. I doubt they would think too highly of violence against innocent people in their homeland though, and you know that is what Obama is aiming for. Iraq on a much larger scale.

mars4rp
11-23-2011, 12:19 AM
I don't think any persian was here before 70's :D for second generation , yeah your right

mars4rp
11-23-2011, 12:23 AM

base on census , %60 of persians talks with their families in iran every week , of course they like to see regime change , but most of them don't want their family to die :D , and they can see what happened in Iraq too , nice example

Keith and stuff
11-23-2011, 12:31 AM
CA doesn't even matter to the GOP on a national level. It is meaningless.

bluesc
11-23-2011, 12:38 AM

Not if Romney hasn't dropped out by then. It could be one of the final battlegrounds, along with NJ. Who knows what will happen.

mars4rp
11-23-2011, 12:39 AM
but have most delegates, with texas and ca alone , Dr can be GOP nominee

mars4rp
11-23-2011, 01:06 AM
Not if Romney hasn't dropped out by then. It could be one of the final battlegrounds, along with NJ. Who knows what will happen.
in this case persians vote can be critical , there are at least 500 000 persian in south california , in 2008 primary 200 000 people voted, so if we can get 20 000 ( that we can get easily ) that's easy %10 . and the good part is , the persians usually don't voteeeeeeeee ( no one else can have their vote ) :D

bluesc
11-23-2011, 01:11 AM
in this case persians vote can be critical , there are at least 500 000 persian in south california , in 2008 primary 200 000 people voted, so if we can get 20 000 ( that we can get easily ) that's easy %10 . and the good part is , the persians usually don't voteeeeeeeee ( no one else can have their vote ) :D

Are you in California? Begin the outreach :)

jasonxe
11-23-2011, 01:12 AM
:-D How many muslim people are in the U.S?

smartguy911
11-23-2011, 01:14 AM
Yeah they are all in Beverly Hills and Orange County, California. Most Iranians here in US don't care about Iran.

mars4rp
11-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Are you in California? Begin the outreach :)
yeap , and I already did , 3 people are ready for GOP registration , But I'm not sure if Dr. paul can stand that long :(

mars4rp
11-23-2011, 01:16 AM
:-D How many muslim people are in the U.S?
good question :d imagine a Imam in GOP primary :D that will be coooool

Karsten
11-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Blue Democrats in the open SC primary is how we win that state.

Karsten
11-23-2011, 01:18 AM
Sorry read it wrong I thought you said South Carolina lol. Knew it didn't seem right :p

mars4rp
11-23-2011, 01:38 AM
Blue Democrats in the open SC primary is how we win that state.
in open states we have a big chance , but convince a Democrats to register as Republican is sooo hard

RonPaulGetsIt
11-23-2011, 01:41 AM
How about a "Don't Bomb Us!" moneybomb directed towards Iranian-Americans?

$50 a pop makes a nice $50 million.

CaptainAmerica
11-23-2011, 02:09 AM
I spoke with an old iranian man recently,he works at a walmart. He was very intelligent and very genuinely nice. We spoke alot about the mainstream media in america, and the overthrow of the shah of Iran.Wouldnt surprise me if the government has a list of all the iranian americans and wants to throw them in camps like the japanese americans during ww2

Brian4Liberty
11-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Yeah they are all in Beverly Hills and Orange County, California. Most Iranians here in US don't care about Iran.

A lot in La Jolla and Silicon Valley too.

ExPatPaki
11-24-2011, 12:19 PM
The name Persia was the official name of Iran in the Western world before 1935, but the Iranian people inside their country since the time of Zoroaster (probably circa 1000 BC), or even before, have called their country "Aryānām" (the equivalent of "Iran" in the proto-Iranian language) or its equivalents. It is not exactly clear what the Iranian people[7] called their country during the Median (728 BC-559 BC), Achaemenid (550 BC–330 BC) or Parthian (250 BC– 226 CE) empires, but evidently from the time of the Sassanids (226–651 CE) they have called it Iran, meaning "the land of Aryans". In Middle Persian sources, the name "Iran" is used for the pre-Sassanid Iranian empires as well as the Sassanid empire. As an example, the use of the name "Iran" for Achaemenids in the Middle Persian book of Arda Viraf refers to the invasion of Iran by Alexander the Great in 330 BC.[8] The Proto-Iranian term for Iran is reconstructed as *Aryānām (the genitive plural of the word *Arya) and the Avestan equivalent is Airyanem (as in Airyanem Vaejah). The internal preference for "Iran" was noted in some Western reference books (e.g. the Harmsworth Encyclopaedia, circa 1907, entry for Iran: "The name is now the official designation of Persia.") but for international purposes, "Persia" was the norm.

On 21 March 1935, the ruler of the country, Reza Shah Pahlavi, issued a decree asking foreign delegates to use the term "Iran" in formal correspondence.

To avoid confusion between the two neighboring countries Iran and Iraq, which were both involved in WWII and occupied by the Allies, Winston Churchill requested from the Iranian government during the Teheran Conference for the old and distinct name "Persia to be used by the United Nations [i.e., the Allies] for the duration of the common War." His request was approved immediately by the Iranian Foreign Ministry. The American side, however, continued using "Iran" as it had at the time little involvement in Iraq to cause any such confusion.

In the summer of 1959, following concerns that the "new" name had, as one politician put it, "turned a known into an unknown," a committee was formed, led by noted scholar Ehsan Yarshater, to consider the issue again. They recommended a reversal of the 1935 decision, and Mohammad Reza Shah approved this. However, the implementation of the proposal was weak, simply allowing "Persia" and "Iran" to be used interchangeably.[1] Nowadays both terms are common; "Persia" mostly in historical and cultural contexts, "Iran" mostly in political contexts.

In recent years most exhibitions of Persian history, culture and art in the world have used the term "Persia" (e.g., "Forgotten Empire; Ancient Persia", British Museum; "7000 Years of Persian Art", Vienna, Berlin; and "Persia; Thirty Centuries of Culture and Art", Amsterdam).[9] In 2006, the largest collection of historical maps of Iran, entitled "Historical Maps of Persia", was published in the Netherlands.[10]

It is the case in many countries that the country's native name is different from its international name (see Exonym), but for Persians/Iranians this issue has been very controversial. Main points on this matter:

Persia is the Western name of the country, and Iranians were calling their country "Iran" for many centuries.
Persia evokes the old culture and civilization of the country.
Persia and the name of a province of Iran (viz., "Pars") are from the same root, and may cause confusion.
The name Persia comes from "Pars" but the meaning shifted to refer to the whole country.
In Western languages, all famous cultural aspects of Iran have been recorded as "Persian" (e.g., Persian carpet, Persian food, Persian cat, Persian pottery, Persian melon, etc.)[12]

There are many Persians (Iranians) and non-Persians in the West who prefer "Persia" and "Persian" as the English names for the country and nationality, similar to the usage of La Perse/persan in French. According to Hooman Majd, the popularity of the term "Persia" among the Persian diaspora stems from the fact that "'Persia' connotes a glorious past they would like to be identified with, while 'Iran' ... says nothing to the world but Islamic fundamentalism." [13]

However, the name has presented problems for some Iranian ethnic groups who do not identify themselves as Persian, or whose native language is not Persian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_Iran

Uriah
11-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Out of the 1 million I know 5. They are all wonderfully beautiful people.

fred584
12-01-2011, 11:37 AM

I know an Iranian family that owns a corner gas station that I go to all the time.

The are the nicest people you would ever find

Tea Party (http://www.teaparty11.com)

Ron Paul (http://youtu.be/HECoRx8qTrA)