PDA

View Full Version : Christine ODonnell going to Iowa to 'unite teapartiers behind one candidate'. Right.

sailingaway
11-22-2011, 12:48 AM
Christine O’Donnell organizing tea party meeting in Iowa; goal is to unite state’s movement behind a candidate

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/11/21/christine-odonnell-to-organize-private-tea-party-meeting-in-iowa-next-month/

this guy who is volunteering at Ron's campaign is sorta casually saying we could just take the meeting over, but I don't get why she would even be a factor.

In Iowa is she a big deal or something?

CableNewsJunkie
11-22-2011, 12:50 AM
LOL - they're panicking

seapilot
11-22-2011, 12:51 AM
Wonder who that candidate could be? No doubt a real hard core antiTarp kind of guy.:rolleyes:

Here’s where O’Donnell and other tea partiers may split company. Although still uncommitted in late October, O’Donnell said she was leaning toward Romney.

“Right now, I’m 70 percent behind Romney,” she told ABC News at the time. “Voters are craving strong leadership. Romney has it.”

IterTemporis
11-22-2011, 12:54 AM
“Indirectly my endorsement represents all of us, so I want to hear why they’re behind their certain candidate and weigh that with my thoughts about who I’m going to endorse,” she said.

“Right now, I’m 70 percent behind Romney,” she told ABC News at the time. “Voters are craving strong leadership. Romney has it.”

Luecke also said he could see tea party supporters of Ron Paul attend O’Donnell’s meeting en masse, shaping its outcome as they did the Iowa straw poll in August, where he finished second.

bluesc
11-22-2011, 12:56 AM
She is fucking arrogant. If she endorses Romney to push him in Iowa, which she certainly will (she's only having this meeting to make it seem as if it's the Tea Party consensus), she will be laughed at.

sailingaway
11-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Maybe Rand can come into town and campaign with Ron that weekend and we can compare head count.

BUSHLIED
11-22-2011, 12:58 AM
OMG, this is getting strange...and downright pathetic...who would want her endorsement after that strange ad she aired anyway...

bluesc
11-22-2011, 12:59 AM
Maybe Rand can come into town and campaign with Ron that weekend and we can compare head count.

I'm hoping he will turn up for a week of campaigning. He could be a huge help, and could secure big interviews.

NeoconTea
11-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Does anyone really care about her? Two people will probably show up.

Her ads ran on TV here. She is a laughingstock of the highest order. Nobody cares about her in her own state, no less in Iowa.

I'm not witch, I'm you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGGAgljengs

GunnyFreedom
We had something like this happen at the NCGOP 2011 State Convention. Local Tea Party hero Nathan Tabor gathered all the tea partiers into a room together and told them to vote for the establishment leadership slate. :rolleyes:

In exchange for delivering the tea partiers to the status quo establishment, he bought for himself access and influence.

This is the kind of crap we need to stop dead in it's tracks.

bluesc
11-22-2011, 01:05 AM
We had something like this happen at the NCGOP 2011 State Convention. Local Tea Party hero Nathan Tabor gathered all the tea partiers into a room together and told them to vote for the establishment leadership slate. :rolleyes:

In exchange for delivering the tea partiers to the status quo establishment, he bought for himself access and influence.

This is the kind of crap we need to stop dead in it's tracks.

Go get 'em, Gunny!

11-22-2011, 01:05 AM
I don't think it's going to take much effort to hijack her little meeting. Who's going to go anyway?

unknown
11-22-2011, 01:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7n7g4_J30A&NR=1&feature=fvwp

CaptainAmerica
11-22-2011, 01:08 AM
another pathetic attempt by neo-cons to co-opt grassroots

Xenophage
11-22-2011, 01:10 AM
LOL her ad is epic creepy fail.

"I'm not a witch, I'm you." She's a psychopath! The piano music is a nice touch. They play relaxing piano music in the asylums.

Fermli
11-22-2011, 01:11 AM
I figured the media would begin to tell us that the tea party is supporting Romney. It's inevitable.

sailingaway
11-22-2011, 01:11 AM
I don't think it's going to take much effort to hijack her little meeting. Who's going to go anyway?

well, that's the question. Maybe Romney folks will show up to make it look like they are teapartiers reaching consensus? because SOMEONE in those polls picking Romney has been calling themselves tea party. Self identity issues, if you ask me.

CaptainAmerica
11-22-2011, 01:12 AM
Her ads ran on TV here. She is a laughingstock of the highest order. Nobody cares about her in her own state, no less in Iowa.

I'm not witch, I'm you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGGAgljengs
Typical establishment ad..she doesn't permit comments or like/dislikes on her video.Youtube should not allow this option..this is why I hate the new youtube.

mwkaufman
11-22-2011, 01:26 AM
O'Donnell Can Win (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as7LpvVXw4w)

Ron Paul has a lot of nice things to say about O'Donnell here. Can't hurt to show up and keep an open mind.

All Iowans who consider themselves true conservatives are welcome at the tea party meeting, but each will be asked to sign paperwork promising to keep the conversations confidential so that all Iowans can speak unguardedly, she said.

lol really now?

IterTemporis
11-22-2011, 01:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8ABXZcfZCQ&feature=related

parocks
11-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Christine O’Donnell organizing tea party meeting in Iowa; goal is to unite state’s movement behind a candidate

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/11/21/christine-odonnell-to-organize-private-tea-party-meeting-in-iowa-next-month/

this guy who is volunteering at Ron's campaign is sorta casually saying we could just take the meeting over, but I don't get why she would even be a factor.

I happen to like Christine, and she was one of the few tea party candidates along with Rand.

She's doing one of these in NH NV and SC as well.

The idea of just going is not a bad one at all. She is a potential ally. She is tea party, not pretending to be tea party. Rove did fight her last year.

You could mention to her that Bob Dole said "Democrat wars". (She was endorsed by Bob Dole)

parocks
11-22-2011, 01:40 AM
Whether it’s ABC News or the Des Moines Register; whether it’s a local supporter or a national candidate, a lot of folks are asking if I plan to endorse a candidate in the 2012 Presidential Elections and if so, who will it be?

Until recently, my response has been “Anyone But Obama!” All of our candidates would make a great president. And while that is true, I do believe that some are more prepared to fight against his political machine than others.

As I move closer to my endorsement, I’d like your input as I weigh each candidate’s pros and cons. You’ve played such an important role in my own campaign so your participation is important to me.

In the end, we might agree to get behind the same candidate, or we may be on different teams. What is important is that, once a front runner emerges, we unite and fight as hard as we can to make sure our nominee becomes the next President of the United States.

I plan to visit each of the early primary states to hold a private, off the record meeting for all of our supporters and those who consider themselves a part of this middle class movement that is fueling the Second American Revolution.

You are invited to attend one (or all!) of these meetings. The only thing I ask is that you agree to keep it off the record. The purpose of these meetings is not for me to preach to you about who I think should be the nominee, but rather for me to hear from you. I want to hear who you are behind and why. And if you are undecided, what are you hesitant about. Therefore, it is important to have an off the record environment in which all participants feel safe to freely communicate.

Our tentative meeting schedule is:

Des Moines, Iowa - Dec. 3 at 12:30 pm – Location & Details TBD
Southern Florida - Dec. 7 and 8 - Details TBD
Columbia, South Carolina - Dec. 13 and 14 - Details TBD
New Hampshire - Dec. 20 – Details TBD

As we finalize the details, I will send another email with the times and locations of each meeting. This email will be sent only to those who live in that area.

God Bless,

Christine O'Donnell

11-22-2011, 01:41 AM
More lulz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHcqcXo_NA

Nate-ForLiberty
11-22-2011, 01:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7n7g4_J30A&NR=1&feature=fvwp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mqiBrB0zI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oHpud3QmLzM#!

parocks
11-22-2011, 01:48 AM
Based on that email, I'd say that her goal is not at all going to be trying to push Romney on people during the meeting.

I think she wants to meet with her supporters and maybe be relevant. She got a lot of grassroots money last year.

I don't think she's part of some large plot. I happen to really like her. The media was as nasty to her as to anybody. That includes Ron Paul. So if the media wants to rip her apart, for no apparent reason, maybe there's something good there. Maybe she, too, is a threat, not in the same way, but in some way, to the global elites or whatever you want to call it.

As Ron Paul supporters we can sympathize with her unfair treatment, which we will really start to see if we win Iowa and NH.

bluesc
11-22-2011, 01:48 AM
I happen to like Christine, and she was one of the few tea party candidates along with Rand.

The idea of just going is not a bad one at all. She is a potential ally. She is tea party, not pretending to be tea party. Rove did fight her last year.

You could mention to her that Bob Dole said "Democrat wars". (She was endorsed by Bob Dole)

She is backing Romney. To think otherwise is naive.

Crystallas
11-22-2011, 01:51 AM
If we can hijack this, we'll pick up new supporters.

11-22-2011, 01:52 AM

She's nuts. She said China is plotting to take over the US. She was living off her campaign contributions for years and had all sorts of FEC complaints. Her endorsement is useless and probably toxic.

If people want to go, play agent provocateur and get her to endorse somebody with no chance to show she's irrelevant. Show up and pretend you are all Jimmy McMillian supporters or something.

parocks
11-22-2011, 01:56 AM
She is backing Romney. To think otherwise is naive.

I would take her at her word on this. She's listening to her supporters, and whatever.

She was a tea party candidate. She's not going to ask her supporters to support Romney before the Iowa Caucus.

She has to remember that she was a tea party candidate, and that the tea party is against Obama.

Because if she said "I like Romney" to her supporters, they would tell her that she's crazy. And not in the good crazy
way, but the "not tea party conservative" way.

If you think that's what she's going to try to do, though, and it's an open forum, you just go there with an "undecided" hat on, and rip into Mitt Romney.

"Well, the only think I know is that Mitt Romney is completely unacceptable" Everyone else would be great. And come with a ton of talking points.

11-22-2011, 02:01 AM
I would take her at her word on this. She's listening to her supporters, and whatever.

She was a tea party candidate. She's not going to ask her supporters to support Romney before the Iowa Caucus.

She has to remember that she was a tea party candidate, and that the tea party is against Obama.

Because if she said "I like Romney" to her supporters, they would tell her that she's crazy. And not in the good crazy
way, but the "not tea party conservative" way.

If you think that's what she's going to try to do, though, and it's an open forum, you just go there with an "undecided" hat on, and rip into Mitt Romney.

"Well, the only think I know is that Mitt Romney is completely unacceptable" Everyone else would be great. And come with a ton of talking points.

Perhaps you missed this

Here’s where O’Donnell and other tea partiers may split company. Although still uncommitted in late October, O’Donnell said she was leaning toward Romney.

O’Donnell warmed to Romney last year when he telephoned with encouragement before her unexpected primary victory in Delaware. Romney called again after she lost in the general election to thank her for what she had done for the party.

On Monday, O’Donnell told the Register she hasn’t locked in behind a presidential candidate yet, and “even my top three tend to rotate.”

But O’Donnell’s previous comments about leaning toward Romney raise suspicion for Iowa Tea Party organizer Ryan Rhodes.

Rhodes said he’s interested in attending the meeting and that it could produce some results if left open to Iowans. But he stressed that any push among organizers to encourage support for Romney could undermine the event because “the grass-roots movement wouldn’t trust what they said.”

When asked, Crow denied that O’Donnell was coming to Iowa with Romney in mind.

“She’s not coming here to pound home how wonderful Gov. Romney is,” he said. “She’s coming here on a more exploratory mission to determine what it’s going to take to assure Obama isn’t re-elected, and it starts here in Iowa.”

She's pushing Romney. He probably bought her off like all the others he bought off in NH.

Hijack her little event under a false flag and make her even more irrelevant.

Slutter McGee
11-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Oh, but she is still pretty damn cute. If she was a witch, she might even be hot.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

parocks
11-22-2011, 02:12 AM
Perhaps you missed this

She's pushing Romney. He probably bought her off like all the others he bought off in NH.

Hijack her little event under a false flag and make her even more irrelevant.

Technically, I would've had better insight into the article if I had read the article. I skipped that part.

I got the email and that was my source of info. And in the email she wasn't saying that she wanted to pick a nominee.

But yeah.

I think that we should do what the Ron Paul guy suggested, which is to treat it like a straw poll. I'd want to meet Christine, and I might go to NH.

11-22-2011, 02:21 AM
I'd want to meet Christine, and I might go to NH.

How old are you? You might get lucky if you're a young guy, she likes that.

http://gawker.com/5674353/

I Had a One-Night Stand With Christine O’Donnell

Three years ago this week, an intoxicated Christine O'Donnell showed up at the apartment of a 25-year-old Philadelphian and ended up spending the night in his bed. Here's his story—and photos—of his escapade with the would-be Delaware senator.

parocks
11-22-2011, 02:27 AM
well, there is that. but I like her. I contributed to her last year. I thought that she would've been really good for the Republicans to have in the Senate. And yeah, really great looking. I think the latest I heard she was dating a country singer?

We'll see, this is actually a potentially decent opportunity and I see no reason why people shouldn't just show up for this thing.

scrosnoe
11-22-2011, 03:41 AM
well, there is that. but I like her. I contributed to her last year. I thought that she would've been really good for the Republicans to have in the Senate. And yeah, really great looking. I think the latest I heard she was dating a country singer?

We'll see, this is actually a potentially decent opportunity and I see no reason why people shouldn't just show up for this thing.

I like her too and she is well respected in Christian Conservative circles. I say attend the event and try to win her over to our side if she is not already there. Christine O'Donnell was endorsed by GOA and R3publicans last cycle as I recall. Both groups are friends of Ron Paul also.

I suggest making friends when/if we can and creating a presence for Ron Paul at the event too. Dress nice and kiss babies and win friends everywhere we go. If we aren't their first choice, ask to be their second choice. You never know when their candidate will drop out and they will remember how you treated them as an ambassador for Ron Paul...

ropa2012
11-22-2011, 05:39 AM
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=JdOpo-pNhWc
1:40 freaks me out worse than anything else she's said....

LibertyEagle
11-22-2011, 05:46 AM
I suggest making friends when/if we can and creating a presence for Ron Paul at the event too. Dress nice and kiss babies and win friends everywhere we go. If we aren't their first choice, ask to be their second choice. You never know when their candidate will drop out and they will remember how you treated them as an ambassador for Ron Paul...

I agree with you about that. It's not so much about O'Donnell, it is about all the people who are watching how we reflect Ron Paul's principles and values. It is critical that we represent him well.

That said, I think O'Donnell has already jumped the shark.

For that reason, I contributed to Gov. Romney, Herman Cain and I plan to personally contribute to Sen. Santorum and Speaker Gingrich. Let me clarify that these contributions are from me personally, not my campaign or PAC. -- Christine O'Donnell
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?325514-Get-a-load-of-this.-Letter-from-Christine-O-Donnell

Revolution9
11-22-2011, 05:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8ABXZcfZCQ&feature=related

That guy was funny with the self deprecating humor.

Rev9

speciallyblend
11-22-2011, 06:16 AM
ron paul supporters should show in mass to this event w ,extra large cups of Tea!!! superbig gulp style. We need to show our numbers and let the media know!

LibertyEagle
11-22-2011, 06:17 AM
ron paul supporters should show in mass to this event w ,extra large cups of Tea!!! superbig gulp style. We need to show our numbers and let the media know!

If we do, we have to be gentlemen and ladies, otherwise it will backfire on Dr. Paul, badly.

ChrisDixon
11-22-2011, 06:38 AM

I hope the crazy Witchcraft lady endorses Mitt Romney. Everyone will get a good laugh out of it. ;)

CableNewsJunkie
11-22-2011, 08:08 AM

No need to hog the spotlight - this will be her event, so to speak. Be aware that it MIGHT be an effort to distract from Paul's rise, but keep an open mind. Listen more than anything, and get a feel for which way the wind is blowing during the event. If it's not going our way, there may be subtle things we can do to regain some momentum.

Use tact and be diplomatic.

trey4sports
11-22-2011, 08:10 AM
yes, im sure the tea party will rally behind a witch, and a liberal, pro-abortion, anti-gun, pro-tarp candidate like Mitt Romney. :rolleyes:

djruden
11-22-2011, 08:20 AM
I will go to this and speak out for Ron Paul if someone could get me info to get on her mailing list please PM me. The DMR article doesn't give much info as to when and where.

speciallyblend
11-22-2011, 09:15 AM
If we do, we have to be gentlemen and ladies, otherwise it will backfire on Dr. Paul, badly.

i didn't say pitchforks or tar;)

speciallyblend
11-22-2011, 09:16 AM
No need to hog the spotlight - this will be her event, so to speak. Be aware that it MIGHT be an effort to distract from Paul's rise, but keep an open mind. Listen more than anything, and get a feel for which way the wind is blowing during the event. If it's not going our way, there may be subtle things we can do to regain some momentum.

obviously or i would of mentioned pitchforks and tar;)

11-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Everyone wear your witch hat when you go.

kojirodensetsu
11-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Everyone wear your witch hat when you go.
No don't. Nobody will take you seriously if you do.

11-22-2011, 09:34 AM
No don't. Nobody will take you seriously if you do.

She's not taken seriously anyway.

If she was she wouldn't have a double top secret meeting to get the fake tea party to back Mittens.

Show up as covens united to back Jimmy McMillan 2012.

Badger Paul
11-22-2011, 09:39 AM

No, but she probably thinks she is.

Oh by the way she endorsed Romney, so Endora is probably trying to put a spell on Tea Party leaders in orde to get them to support him.

airborne373
11-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Is she going there to cast a spell?

11-22-2011, 09:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R6nmKjcSeU

georgiaboy
11-22-2011, 09:49 AM
When you attend, do it Ron Paul's way. Olive branches of peace and friendship, looking for areas of agreement, using logic, reasoning, and best behaviour to influence. Make Ron irresistable to all.

Treat every person you come in contact with as a potential voter, ally, and friend. Because they really are.

Return barbs with compliments, evil with good, and hearts will be opened.

Eleutheros
11-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Is she going there to cast a spell?

Well, if you hear this song playing when you get there, then you'll know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwXai-sgM-s

sailingaway
11-22-2011, 10:15 AM

She was endorsed by Romney (Rand wasn't) and is already saying she is 70% for Romney. With Ron and Bachmann in the race, how is that tea party?

sailingaway
11-22-2011, 10:17 AM
I like her too and she is well respected in Christian Conservative circles. I say attend the event and try to win her over to our side if she is not already there. Christine O'Donnell was endorsed by GOA and R3publicans last cycle as I recall. Both groups are friends of Ron Paul also.

She is on a Romney mission. She is not going to be 'won over'. This is about coopting. She has no roll in this race.

sailingaway
11-22-2011, 10:18 AM
I agree with you about that. It's not so much about O'Donnell, it is about all the people who are watching how we reflect Ron Paul's principles and values. It is critical that we represent him well.

That said, I think O'Donnell has already jumped the shark.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?325514-Get-a-load-of-this.-Letter-from-Christine-O-Donnell

I agree with all parts of that IF we do go, we have to be charming. But clear Ron Paul is our candidate.

sailingaway
11-22-2011, 10:20 AM

I agree, don't disrupt and make Ron the odd man out, just say Ron is really the only one who can address our issues and Romney is absolutely unacceptable, pro TARP etc etc. The others will at least agree with us on that, making HER, not Ron the odd man out, I would think.

airborne373
11-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Enjoyed the music videos. :-)

Johnny Appleseed
11-22-2011, 10:32 AM
The conservative version of Rosie Odonnell?

sailingaway
11-22-2011, 10:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1h4VUjde8aM

If people go, they should have this video ready on their phones; Romney supporting TARP and a big stimulus package