PDA

View Full Version : Woman Goes On Shooting Rampage In Greensboro NC- Shoots Six Including Her Children

Rael
11-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Greensboro, NC -- A third victim has died following a series of shootings by one woman in Guilford County Sunday morning.

"One of the worst situations I've seen in my 30 years in law enforcement." That is how Guilford County Sheriff B.J. Barnes described Sunday's shooting that left two people dead and 5 injured.

Barnes said that 36-year-old Mary Ann Holder shot her 2 sons, her son's girlfriend, a niece and nephew, and a man she had an affair with before turning the gun on herself Sunday morning.

"We've got a situation basically that no one could ever imagine would happen here in Guilford County," said Barnes. "This is the type of thing that you read about and hear about coming from California or New York or someplace like that. But it's right here."

17-year-old Robert "Dylan" Smith, Holder's son, died from a gun shot wound to the head. 8-year-old Hannaleigh Suttles, Holder's niece, died Monday.

Holder's son Zachary Lee Smith, 14; her nephew, Richard Brian Suttles, 17 and Dylan's girlfried Makayla Leigh Woods, 15 are in critical condition. Barnes said all of the children were shot in the head.

A sixth victim, 40-year-old Randal Lamb was shot in the shoulder by Holder. Barnes said that Lamb and Holder were involved in an affair in the past. The investigation into the shooting of Lamb started the timeline for the events on Sunday.

Deputies first got word of the injury to Randal Lamb in a 911 call at 9:08. Lamb's wife called 911 after her husband told her he had been shot near the GTCC Aviation Center.

Investigators believe Holder shot Lamb around 8:52am. Barnes said that Lamb and Holder had at one time been in an affair that ended in what appears to be a bitter breakup.

Court documents show that Holder filed restraining orders against Lamb and his wife, saying they stalked and harassed her and that Lamb constantly drove past her house. Lamb's wife filed a restraining order against Holder, saying she would constantly call and text their cell phones and that Holder also sent nude pictures of herself to her boyfriend's wife.

Lamb's wife also planned to file an alienation of affection claim, which in North Carolina, allows someone who is cheated on to sue the person their spouse had an affair with.

After receiving information from Lamb, deputies went to Holder's home on Cocoa Drive in Pleasant Garden to look for the suspect around 9:22. Around that same time, detectives said Holder arranged to pick up her son Zach at a location where he had been spending the night.

At 10:11am, a deputy spotted Holder's car on Remora Road. When he turned to approach the car he saw a "puff of smoke" and believed the suspect shot herself at that time.

The deputy found Mary Ann Holder dead in the car. They also found 14-year-old Zachary Smith with a gunshot wound to the head in the backseat. At last word, he is in critical condition.

Investigators then went to Holder's house on Cocoa Drive. At the home, they found Holder's son 17-year-old Robert 'Dylan' Smith dead of a gunshot wound to the head. They also found 8-year-old Hannaleigh Suttles, 15-year-old Makalya Leigh Woods, and 17-year-old Richard Brian Suttles also with shots to the head. They are all in critical condition at last word.

Sheriff Barnes said that Mary Ann Holder left behind a note in which she took responsibility for the shootings and apologized for her actions. He also said the note implied that she had been "wronged" in some way and she was angry with how the relationship with Lamb ended.

"We may never know exactly what her thoughts were and why," said Barnes.

Nora Carr, Chief Of Staff for Guilford County Schools released a statement regarding the tragedy.

"The Guilford County Schools family has been greatly impacted by the violent and tragic incident that took place in our community on Sunday. We know many of our students, staff and families are struggling. The district has placed crisis teams at the affected schools to provide support to those who need it. We are continuing to work with law enforcement agencies with their investigation. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families."

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/200054/57/8-Year-Old-Is-Third-Fatality-In-Guilford-Co-Shootings

hazek
11-22-2011, 02:50 AM
Crazy people will do crazy things. A shame really but such is life.

EvilEngineer
11-22-2011, 03:09 AM
Yup... you can't stop crazy.

Hospitaller
11-22-2011, 03:31 AM
What is the bet that anti depressants were involved?

Rael
11-22-2011, 05:14 AM

So what if they were? Guns were involved. Does that mean guns are bad?

Danke
11-22-2011, 05:32 AM

This woman should have been on a leash.

nobody's_hero
11-22-2011, 06:06 AM

Probably. I never realized it before nursing school but anti-depressants actually make you more prone to attempt suicide. People start to cheer up and then they've got the energy needed to carry out an act like this. Hell, it's almost better to let them stay depressed.

Hospitaller
11-22-2011, 06:47 AM
Probably. I never realized it before nursing school but anti-depressants actually make you more prone to attempt suicide. People start to cheer up and then they've got the energy needed to carry out an act like this. Hell, it's almost better to let them stay depressed.

People need to face thier depression wether they like it or not, i am of the opinion that the easy fix pill does more harm than good.

I use the bubble analogy. A depressed person has a deflated bubble with a hole in it, anti depressants just continually reinflate the bubble while the underlying problem still exists.

Hospitaller
11-22-2011, 06:49 AM

Anti depressants have been involved in an alarming number of mass murder cases since they have gone maisntream, a thread is on here somewhere with detailed evidence.

Philhelm
11-22-2011, 09:33 AM

Eh, guns don't have a chemical effect on people, so I don't think it's fair to make that comparison. Firearms cannot be accused of having any control over a person's thoughts and actions.

"Thoughts of suicide? Take this pill! Side effects include thoughts of suicide."

fisharmor
11-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Seriously, is this what "journalism school" produces?
If I wrote software requirements like this, I'd get fired, and if I didn't, my employer would get sued.
This is just a disjunctive series of non-sequiturs.
How is it a guy like Will Grigg is living hand-to-mouth, yet I always get exactly what he's saying, despite it being way cleverer than I can manage to write?

seraphson
11-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Eh, guns don't have a chemical effect on people, so I don't think it's fair to make that comparison. Firearms cannot be accused of having any control over a person's thoughts and actions.

"Thoughts of suicide? Take this pill! Side effects include thoughts of suicide."

..."death, pregnancy, anal leakage, death, internal organ rupturing, sore throat, death and more!"

frodus24
11-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Man, I was just in Greensboro yesterday evening. This is a sad tragedy.

I have been on anti-depressants before and it fucked me up all over. I am against this form of treatment. I feel that it's a cop out to "try" and get better by taking a short cut. The only way that I got out of depression was through thinking for myself and exercise. I had to come to the realization of reality to deal with things.

If there was ever a shortage of anti-depressant drugs, this country would see a ton of shit going on that would likely be frightening! I pray that never happens, but you never know!

nobody's_hero
11-22-2011, 12:02 PM
People need to face thier depression wether they like it or not, i am of the opinion that the easy fix pill does more harm than good. .

I feel the same way, and for that reason, I probably won't ever get a job as a psychiatric nurse. The pharm. industry is very powerful on that front (actually, they're that way in most of the health industry. but psychiatry especially seems to be very quick to say, "Oh, there's a pill for that. Try this!")

Rael
11-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Anti depressants have been involved in an alarming number of mass murder cases

So have guns.

Correlation does not imply causation. Most people who commit suicide have dealt with depression, and so most people who kill themselves have taken antidepressants at some point in their lives. But most people who have taken antidepressants don't kill themselves.

Most people who commit mass murder use a gun. But most people who have guns don't commit mass murder.

Rael
11-28-2011, 12:52 AM
Looks like the rest of the victims have died.
Stupid bitch. On the one hand, I guess it's good that we don't have to spend taxpayer dollars to have a trial. On the other hand, it frustrates me that this stupid coward killed herself and cannot be brought to justice.
Maybe she is experiencing a different form of justice anyway.

6th shooting victim dies
by MCT Information Services
1 day 3 hrs ago | 1221 views | 0 0 comments | 4 4 recommendations | email to a friend | print
The High Point Enterprise, N.C.

(MCT)

Nov. 26--GUILFORD COUNTY -- The sixth victim of a shooting spree -- and fifth young person -- died Friday from wounds suffered at the hand of her aunt, Mary Ann Holder, the Pleasant Garden woman whom law enforcement officers say is responsible for the carnage this past Sunday.

Richard Brian Suttles, 17, was confirmed dead by the Guilford County Sheriff's Office. He was in a house in Pleasant Garden where Holder, 36, shot four young people. Holder's victims include her two teenage sons, her 8-year-old niece, her nephew and a 15-year-old friend of the young people who was in the house.

Holder killed herself along a Pleasant Garden street Sunday morning as a Guilford County deputy approached her vehicle after she'd concluded her shooting spree.

The other person injured in the shootings is a 40-year-old man with whom Holder had an affair. The man, Randall Scott Lamb, has been listed in stable condition.

Law enforcement officers have said that the end of the affair may have prompted Holder to commit the series of shootings, which occurred in Pleasant Garden and western Greensboro. A warrant to search Lamb's home, released Tuesday, shed new light on the case.

According to the warrant, Holder and Lamb met Nov. 19 in a Walmart parking lot, according to WXII-TV.

During that meeting, Holder gave Lamb a check for $10,000 made out to Lamb's wife, Jennifer. The $10,000 was apparently an out-of-court settlement reached between Holder and the Lambs after Jennifer Lamb filed an alienation of affection lawsuit against Holder.

Several items were seized from the Lambs' home during the search, the warrant indicates, including several computers, a camera, iPod and computer thumb drive.

According to the warrant, Randall Lamb had been kicked out of his house and was living in a detached garage on the couple's property. Lamb and Holder's affair had been going on for four years, the warrant indicates.

Court filings show a tumultuous relationship between the married couple and Holder. Jennifer Lamb took out a restraining order against Holder in February. The order said Holder was getting in the way of Jennifer Lamb and her husband's reconciliation. In July, Holder was granted a restraining order against Jennifer Lamb and another against Randall Lamb, but both of those expired July 11.

One day after the meeting at Walmart, Holder and Randall Lamb met at the Guilford Technical Community College Aviation Center in western Greensboro. During that meeting, Holder pulled out a gun and shot Lamb in the shoulder, investigators say.

Anti Federalist
11-28-2011, 12:58 AM

That +rep

The happy pills can drive you over the edge, and, as has happened many times in the past, no gun is needed to kill people around you.

The gun is just a tool.

The happy pill enhanced mania is the cause.

How much better off would all these people be if they could just smoke a joint once in a while and chill?

Anti Federalist
11-28-2011, 01:07 AM
Seriously, is this what "journalism school" produces?
If I wrote software requirements like this, I'd get fired, and if I didn't, my employer would get sued.
This is just a disjunctive series of non-sequiturs.
How is it a guy like Will Grigg is living hand-to-mouth, yet I always get exactly what he's saying, despite it being way cleverer than I can manage to write?

Because people cannot read, speak or write anymore, for the most part.

Take a look at this article about the sinking of the Titanic, from The Nation, in 1912.

http://www.oldmagazinearticles.com/Titanic_disaster_magazine_article_pdf

Oh, and you know the reason why Will Grigg will no more find a decent paying career in "journalism" as well as I do.

Rael
11-28-2011, 01:11 AM
That +rep

The happy pills can drive you over the edge, and, as has happened many times in the past, no gun is needed to kill people around you.

The gun is just a tool.

The happy pill enhanced mania is the cause.

How much better off would all these people be if they could just smoke a joint once in a while and chill?

In cases where a person is bipolar and diagnosed with depression instead, that might be true, as the antidepressants can induce mania. But many people with depression have been helped by these drugs. I know many of them.

Rael
11-28-2011, 01:11 AM
everal Fundraisers to Benefit Family Stricken by Mass Shooting
Submitted by MyFox8_Web_Staff
Sunday, November 27th, 2011, 10:57pm
Topics: News
Print E-mail

Several community members have started fundraisers to help a family who lost six people in a shooting on Sunday.

Richard "Ricky" Brian Suttles, 17, became the sixth fatality Friday out of seven total shooting victims. The seventh victim suffered non life-threatening injuries.

MORE: Sixth Person Dies in Pleasant Garden Shootings

Gena Pagano designed a tribute T-shirt, with all proceeds going straight to the family. She at first ordered 30 T-shirts, but support from the community and classmates of the mostly teenage victims pushed that order to 250.

"It's just so hard to explain, but we have to do something positive," Pagano said.

One of those classmates, Southeast Guilford High School sophomore Meredith Dunker, made wristbands with the initials of the victims. She at first ordered 300, but that ballooned to 1,000.

"That's the one common theme within everyone--everyone feeling this mutual feeling of helplessness and wanting make it better," Dunker said.

"You get the sense that everybody in the community is shocked, yet everybody in the community wants to step forward and say, 'What can I do to help?'" said Bob Case, manager of Lakeview Memorial Park.

Case gave the grieving family one fewer significant thing to worry about by covering the costs of burying all six people. That likely saved the family tens of thousands of dollars.

"We just thought it was the proper thing, the acceptable thing, the right thing to do," Case said.

Besides these fundraisers, the family has also started pages requesting donations as they try to move forward despite so much loss. Dunker said the family appreciates these outside fundraisers as well.

"I honestly think that they feel so grateful to know how many people truly care about them," Dunker said.

A wake for Hannaleigh Suttles, Ricky Suttles, Zachary Smith and Robert Smith take place at 3 p.m. Thursday at Pleasant Garden Baptist Church. The funeral will also be held at the church at 10 a.m. Friday.

FOX8 is still waiting to hear details on funeral arrangements for Makayla Woods.

Below are pages for the fundraisers mentioned above, as well as a couple of others.

Facebook group to order T-shirts:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/187354324686605/

Facebook group to attend a benefit concert Saturday:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/206091282799892/

Facebook group to get a remembrance bracelet:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/258225667560448/

Caring Bridge.org--for donations and tributes and also contains pictures:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/pleasantgarden

Robert "Rocky" Smith and family’s fundraising website:
http://www.robertsmithandfamily.com/