PDA

View Full Version : Good ideas from the Campaign tonite

RP4ME
11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Was anyone watching the campaign meeting on justin.TV?

The emphasised that we cannot win this without Delgates and Campaign Precinct Managers!

They have charged each of us with finding out what it takes to become a Delegate in our State and doing just that and /or becoming a Campaign Precinct Manager to find out who in our district will become a RP suppoter and making sure they get out to vote!

Also some good ideas....

1. Get a Smal business to endorse Rp and write a letter of support. Attach to small biz slim Jim on rp08.com and canvass small businesses in yoru area. Stress his opposition to Sarbannes Oxley and his record on low to no taxation and free mkts. Noone beats RP on being friendly to small biz. Noone.

2. Write to our state legislature and ask them to endorse RP publically.

me3
11-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Delegates and Precinct Captains is huge. I'm going to mention it in every thread that asks for an online poll bombing or media comment response.

matthylland
11-06-2007, 07:37 PM
very nice ideas!
small businesses on our side are the key. Talk to the owners about lower taxes, and im sure they will at least listen.

Pauliana
11-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Very important!!!

matthylland
11-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Where do i get started with finding out what it takes to become a Delegate? do i contact my local GOP? talk to the courthouse?

garrettwombat
11-06-2007, 07:40 PM
very good ideas, i am working on a few of those things right now... lets keep everyone informed about this

Bryan
11-06-2007, 07:42 PM
This is exactly what Ron Paul Friends USA is all about.

Their web site may not be the best now but there are many good people behind this. Get in contact with your state coordinator if you need help.

http://www.ronpaulfriendsusa.com

me3
11-06-2007, 08:15 PM
bump

evadmurd
11-06-2007, 08:18 PM
bump

imaginegirl
11-06-2007, 08:21 PM
So what's the point of people voting in Primaries if the delegates have all the power to choose who's nominated? This never did make much sense to me...

FireofLiberty
11-06-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm gonna get my haircut tomorrow and I'll talk to my barber about Ron Paul again (already have twice before and he's even let me put some Ron Paul Liberty Cards on the counter for people to take) and the small business thing. :)

RP4ME
11-06-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm gonna get my haircut tomorrow and I'll talk to my barber about Ron Paul again (already have twice before and he's even let me put some Ron Paul Liberty Cards on the counter for people to take) and the small business thing. :)

Cool b/c one businnes can reach so MANY people if they really get behind Paul! Barbrshop is an excellent place to start!

wbbgjr
11-06-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm an alternate delegate.

I don't even know what that means really.

I just know that I will be keeping the calendar clear for Sept 1-4 in case I'm needed?

FireofLiberty
11-06-2007, 08:33 PM
I'll also go talk to my lawyer about it. He has Libertarian leanings by my observations and has a strict view of the Constitution like Dr. Paul and I'd have to say probably just about all of us here.

katao
11-06-2007, 08:35 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with these suggestions, although Sarbannes Oxley is for Public companies, which rules out most small businesses. That said, Federal Regulations and taxes strangle small businesses and no one would help more than Ron Paul in fixing those problems.

terlinguatx
11-06-2007, 08:35 PM

kevman657
11-06-2007, 08:37 PM
So what's the point of people voting in Primaries if the delegates have all the power to choose who's nominated? This never did make much sense to me...

x2

RP4ME
11-06-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm an alternate delegate.

I don't even know what that means really.

I just know that I will be keeping the calendar clear for Sept 1-4 in case I'm needed?

Thats aweosme - what did you have to do to get your delegate-ship? :p

Prez4TheNet
11-06-2007, 09:01 PM
x2

Again, when you cast your vote for RP in the primary. Its not actually Ron Paul that you are voting for, but his delegates. Now could these delegates double cross the voters and choose someone else, possibly... but my bets are on the fact that Ron Paul delegates will be loyal.

Ra_
11-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Thrilltone.com (http://thrilltone.com) endorses Dr. Ron Paul

Geronimo
11-06-2007, 09:29 PM
As they said "There will be no Revolution if we don't become delegates or precinct captains".

I'm amazed that the video conference wasn't youtubed by now.

I think that the videos from the campaign really need to be consolidated somewhere.

bolidew
11-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Bump for importance.

LibertyEagle
11-07-2007, 01:37 AM
bump

Bryan
11-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Again, when you cast your vote for RP in the primary. Its not actually Ron Paul that you are voting for, but his delegates. Now could these delegates double cross the voters and choose someone else, possibly... but my bets are on the fact that Ron Paul delegates will be loyal.
This is true in some states, not all.

In Texas voting in the primary does two things:
1. Allows you to partake in the precinct convention (very important).
2. Has some weight in delegate selection if certain cases (pretty minimal impact).

So in some sense, the outcome of the primary is basically totally meaningless in terms of which delegates end up at the national convention representing Texas.

Other states are different.