PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Poll: Are you willing to cut defense?

pinkmandy
11-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Before voting on it look at the results as of the time of my post:

Are you willing to cut defense to help cut the deficit?
No. With the state of the world, defense cuts should be the last resort, not the first. 56.91% (36,091 votes)

Not sure. Government needs to be cut everywhere, just worried about weakening our national defense. 11.83% (7,504 votes)

Yes. Figure out what's needed to defend America and cut the rest. 30.13% (19,109 votes)

Other (post your opinion). 1.13% (714 votes)

30% are ready to cut defense spending. This is a Fox poll so aren't the voters most like Fox viewers? Does that 30% represent people who currently support Paul? Has this poll spread yet to Paul voters? If not, is that a fairly representative sampling of Paul's actual support? I know it can't be dead accurate but it makes me wonder how close it is.

If those numbers are in any way representative of the Paul supporters in proportion to those who support the other candidates then they can't win without us and Paul is doing much better than the media would have the public believe.

Here's the link:
h ttp://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/11/21/are-willing-to-cut-defense-to-help-cut-deficit/#ixzz1eNkwqTOx

rprprs
11-21-2011, 07:50 PM
n/m... misread the op...sorry

LibertyEsq
11-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Before voting on it look at the results as of the time of my post:

30% are ready to cut defense spending. This is a Fox poll so aren't the voters most like Fox viewers? Does that 30% represent people who currently support Paul? Has this poll spread yet to Paul voters? If not, is that a fairly representative sampling of Paul's actual support? I know it can't be dead accurate but it makes me wonder how close it is.

If those numbers are in any way representative of the Paul supporters in proportion to those who support the other candidates then they can't win without us and Paul is doing much better than the media would have the public believe.

Here's the link:
h ttp://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/11/21/are-willing-to-cut-defense-to-help-cut-deficit/#ixzz1eNkwqTOx

For all we know, 25 of that 30% could be from Democrats who aren't voting in the GOP primary

pinkmandy
11-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Very true, Liberty. It's definitely possible so I was careful to note it was just my speculation and possible wishful thinking. I think if the poll had been overrun with Paul supporters the results would look different and I'm not sure how many dems would run across a Fox poll? Almost 20,000 of them? There's no way to know for sure but if Paul's support, in reality, is anywhere close to 30% then the repub party cannot win without us. Until we have elections we won't know how big the support really is- this may or may not be a small indicator. I don't trust any polls to be honest, just thought this one interesting given the large number of voters. 30% of repubs supporting reductions in defense spending would be a pretty big deal and something the pro-war media would likely not harp on. No way to know how that translates to votes (or even repub votes) yet.

LibertyEsq
11-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Very true, Liberty. It's definitely possible so I was careful to note it was just my speculation and possible wishful thinking. I think if the poll had been overrun with Paul supporters the results would look different and I'm not sure how many dems would run across a Fox poll? Almost 20,000 of them? There's no way to know for sure but if Paul's support, in reality, is anywhere close to 30% then the repub party cannot win without us. Until we have elections we won't know how big the support really is- this may or may not be a small indicator. I don't trust any polls to be honest, just thought this one interesting given the large number of voters. 30% of repubs supporting reductions in defense spending would be a pretty big deal and something the pro-war media would likely not harp on. No way to know how that translates to votes (or even repub votes) yet.

Even with Fox I wouldn't expect more than 75% R/R-lean vs. 25% D/D-lean

mport1
11-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Absolutely. Let's cut it to $0 immediately. Then maybe we would actually have some security.

speciallyblend
11-21-2011, 09:13 PM
voted ,but clearly the no folks are spamming so as the media says WE WIN in 2nd;)

Democrat4Paul
11-21-2011, 09:17 PM
well something is getting cut because the so called "Super Committee" failed

oh big surprise, there

heck if hundreds can't get the job done what made 'em think twelve could?

but of course they knew they couldn't going in...

cucucachu0000
11-21-2011, 09:35 PM
lets tilt this vote to a majority toward cutting stupid polls like these more than voting for ron paul would be more likely to push opinon to our side.

surf
11-21-2011, 11:20 PM
bump for more intelligent votes

Thank you for voting!
No. With the state of the world, defense cuts should be the last resort, not the first. 56.69% (43,307 votes)

Not sure. Government needs to be cut everywhere, just worried about weakening our national defense. 11.53% (8,807 votes)

Yes. Figure out what's needed to defend America and cut the rest. 30.63% (23,397 votes)

Other (post your opinion). 1.15% (877 votes)

Total Votes: 76,388
Return To PollShare This
Create Your Own Poll

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/11/21/are-willing-to-cut-defense-to-help-cut-deficit/#ixzz1ePOKXG23

rpwasright
11-22-2011, 02:56 PM
I don't want to cut a dime off defense. I would however like to cut out all offense spending. The only way it can be called defense is when it only defends. They need to rename it to the War Dept.