PDA

View Full Version : NYC-Off duty cop shoots neighbor's dog for growling at his dog.

Anti Federalist
11-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Now, for those who don't know, handguns are all but outlawed in NYC, carrying one without a permit, which is next to impossible for a Mundane to acquire, is a mandatory one year prison sentence.

If you or I tried this, we'd be on our way to prison.

Make sure to read the last paragraph.

Off-Duty PA Cop Shoots His Neighbor's Dog Dead

http://gothamist.com/2011/11/21/off-duty_pa_cop_shoots_his_neighbor.php

A three-year-old Doberman's rambunctious life came to an abrupt end on Staten Island last night when an off-duty Port Authority police officer shot the frisky pet while he walked his own dog through the neighborhood of Westerleigh. The Staten Island Advance reports that the Mazzola family pulled into their driveway around 9 p.m. after a long drive home from the Catskills, and their Doberman Boo Boo burst out of the car as soon as the doors opened. It would be his last romp, because, unfortunately for him, an armed off-duty cop was walking past the house with his pug.

"[The officer] asked, ‘Is the dog friendly?' " Mazzola tells the Advance, adding that he responded, "Yeah." Mazzola says, "They started scrapping a little. They were doing what dogs do, they were growling." He tried to intervene and separate them, but he claims that before he could pull Boo Boo away, the cop pulled out his gun and "shoots from the hip. I was diving in, he almost shoots me, this guy. In the heart, he shoots my dog in the heart." Mazzola's younger brother, Vincent, adds, "He was going over there to say hi. He just looked big."

Neighbors say the officer is often seen walking his dog around the neighborhood, and Boo Boo's owners recall that the two animals have growled at each other in the past. “He wanted to play. He was a big fluff — never barked,” said longtime local resident Margaret de Jacquant. After the shooting, the officer was seen being taken away in an ambulance, while Boo Boo's body remained outside the house, covered by a sheet.

An NYPD spokesman told the Advance the officer has not been charged, noting he "was concerned for the safety of his own dog when he fired." A Port Authority spokesman tells us, "As is standard protocol, the incident will be reviewed internally by PAPD."

Kylie
11-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Time to start shooting the family dogs of cops?

Now?......how about now??

No, that's not what I want. I am afraid that this cop would have shot me too before the situation was finished.

You don't kill my pets and get away with it.

DamianTV
11-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Our pets and those closest to us are the innocents that will pay the price for their misdeeds. What I find the most disturbing about this story is that there will be no recourse taken against the pig fucking cop because he is a pig fucking cop. And yet they are suprised when there is an increase of violence against cops. I'd stalk that cop and ruin the rest of his fucking life for what he did if my dogs ever got shot by a motherfucker like that. Sorry about the language but this is the kind of shit that starts revolutions.

phill4paul
11-22-2011, 08:35 AM
the officer was seen being taken away in an ambulance,

Wonder who will be paying for that?

Philhelm
11-22-2011, 09:20 AM
WTF is wrong with these people? Forget the whole police state, civil rights, etc. I just want to know what is worng with these people? I mean, seriously, who in their right mind does that? It has never occurred to me in my entire life to shoot a dog for growling or barking. Do they recruit from the crazy bins these days? WTF???

liberty2897
11-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Time to start shooting the family dogs of cops?

No! Shoot the cops who shoot at you and yours.

Kodaddy
11-22-2011, 09:54 AM
"your honor, I emptied the clip of my Glock into the officer because I feared for my safety and the safety of my family"....