PDA

View Full Version : Bob Schieffer's hit piece on RP gives me hope.

ravedown
11-21-2011, 11:46 AM
During the Face the Nation interview, every nasty bush-league attempt to smear RP failed miserably and proved that Ron's ability to handle slanted, biased questions is improving dramatically. not only that- but on CBS' own web site featuring the interview- there are 375 comments, almost all basically pro- Ron Paul. How can cbs not notice that every comment is critical of how RP was treated and is very aware of the bullshit Schieffer was trying to pull on him. i want to believe the comments represent a cross section of the voting public-because if they are- cbs and the other media outlets had better be careful how they treat Dr. Paul from here out, they're not getting away with this shit anymore. btw... i couldn't embed the vid for some reason.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57328328/ron-paul-flawed-policies-helped-lead-to-9-11/

Romulus
11-21-2011, 11:57 AM
The more they push us down, the stronger we get.

gls
11-21-2011, 11:58 AM
i want to believe the comments represent a cross section of the voting public

That's nice but it's not realistic. Ron Paul supporters flock to articles about Ron Paul in disproportionate numbers -- especially the comments section.

I do think Ron Paul came across very well in that interview however, given the circumstances.

ravedown
11-21-2011, 12:06 PM
That's nice but it's not realistic. Ron Paul supporters flock to articles about Ron Paul in disproportionate numbers -- especially the comments section.

I do think Ron Paul came across very well in that interview however, given the circumstances.

yeah- wishful thinking i know- but 350 comments on the cbs site, that's pretty great. hopefully non-RP supporters will pick up on the comments and take a second look.

Travlyr
11-21-2011, 12:10 PM
We can defeat media propaganda by calling them out one by one. Some of the them do not realize what their bosses have them doing, and they will protect and defend their honor. Others, like O'Reilly, Schieffer, Levin, et.al. know exactly what they are doing and we can discredit them with their own words.

Call them out and document in writing their, name, article, or hit piece, and their credentials. Show the world who is willing to tell the truth and who are the liars.

Be good to the journalists that make honest mistakes, and destroy the reputation of perpetual liars and gatekeepers of the status quo.

They are watching:
Ron Paul: Flawed U.S. policy contributed to 9/11 attacks (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/ron-paul-flawed-us-policy-contributed-to-911-attacks/2011/11/20/gIQA8FgLgN_blog.html)
By Nia-Malika Henderson

Ron Paul might be the next big thing in the GOP 2012 field, with recent polls showing him doing well in Iowa and New Hampshire.

But as has happened with Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich, top-tier status in the polls, means increased scrutiny.

Paul’s isolationist approach to foreign policy will likely be front-and-center on Tuesday, when CNN hosts a Republican candidates’ debate on national security. In the video below, Paul expounds on his views, saying that U.S. policies contributed to the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Nia-Malika Henderson (http://live.washingtonpost.com/obama-young-voters.html)
Nia-Malika Henderson is a national political reporter for The Washington Post, where she covers the White House and the 2012 campaign. Before joining The Post, Nia wrote about education, race and the White House for Politico. In 2008, she covered the presidential election and local government on Long Island for Newsday. She also worked at The Baltimore Sun where she covered city government in Annapolis. A regular guest on Fox, MSNBC, and CNN, Nia has an undergraduate degree in cultural anthropology from Duke University, and graduate degrees from Yale University in American studies and Columbia University in journalism.

Nia-Malika Henderson is an Ivy League graduate and does not know the difference between 'isolation' and 'non-intervention'. It is sad really ... it is high school level writing. Poor writing skills are not a good résumé builder for a journalist, and it calls into question the integrity of her editor as well as her present and past employers.

Fixed:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?331657-Isolationism&p=3765494&viewfull=1#post3765494

fisharmor
11-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Wow... I'd call Bob Schieffer a douche, but a douche isn't supposed to leave things smelling worse.

Athan
11-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah he just totally wrecked his personal credibility and prestige to viewers in this video.

Democrat4Paul
11-21-2011, 02:03 PM
it gives me hope the old asshat will be forced into retirement

acptulsa
11-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Yeah he just totally wrecked his personal credibility and prestige to viewers in this video.

Assuming, of course, he had any left beforehand.

AuH20
11-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Cronkite. Rather. Schieffer. CBS isn't exactly the freedom network. It's establishment to the core.

vita3
11-21-2011, 02:11 PM
People are ready to Occupy the Media.

acptulsa
11-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Cronkite. Rather. Schieffer. CBS isn't exactly the freedom network. It's establishment to the core.

One would almost think it was owned by a major defense contractor like Westinghouse.

This was as bad as the 60 Minutes so-called interview with Julian Assange. And that was seriously bad...

Democrat4Paul
11-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Cronkite. Rather. Schieffer. CBS isn't exactly the freedom network. It's establishment to the core.lets not forget Pelly

guy puts me to sleep

i miss Couric, myself. at least she had nice cans and asked tough questions like "so, what do you read?"

Athan
11-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Assuming, of course, he had any left beforehand.
The thing is, you need to realize outside of our community, not everyone is aware of this bag of **** network dealings until they see it in their face. I regularly don't see these programs and never had the pleasure of personally seeing this windbag get thorougly routed by using credible government references and seeing him retreat with a response of him not agreeing with those references. He blew it. Big time.

We don't CARE what he thinks, yet here in this interview he stated it like we the audience somehow might give a hoot what he thinks. He isn't supposed to inject his personal bias so obviously in front of the audience like that. He usually is supposed to keep his air of "unbiased journalist" which clearly came unraveled in this interview.

And new groups of people now have fresh evidence to show their shennanigans in action. This guy is probably the only person Americans can recognize from CBS as he is the essential "go-to" head anchor who took over for Rather and Couric till replacements were done. He just took his network's prestige down with him.

georgiaboy
11-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Agree with the first part, OP. The Face the Nation interview highlighted two things:

1. what an attempted smear interview looks like

2. how best to respond to such an interview

Ron did so great deflecting and clarifying and avoiding the gotchas; it was great to watch! I think Ron has been practicing.

Bossobass
11-21-2011, 02:30 PM
This poisonous troll, the Kennedy assassination "official story" bag-lapper who received his job (and, apparently it's a lifetime reward) for his reprehensible behavior in that tragic event, should be fired immediately for this intolerably blatant display of unparalleled bias and mammoth disrespect toward the man whom Bob Scheiffer is not fit to be in the same room with.

Why do we tolerate this 200-year-old, drooling scowl of a dinosaur? This Cretin is not only still on the air, he gets a pass for Sundays butchering of the American Political Process. A butchering so obvious, so onerous, so odorous as to require only a brain-dead observer to have not seen, felt, smelled and tasted it.

CBS' "Face The Troll", where he who is the most despicable human being can only be trumped by he who is the most treasonous American to be awarded the job of host, hidden oxygen tanks and pulsating seat cushions included.

I've had it and I'm not gonna take it anymore!

Bosso

Democrat4Paul
11-21-2011, 02:30 PM
honestly if Paul were any younger i'd of wanted him to say at the end "Bob, next time we meet i am going to kick your ass"

i mean Bob is no spring chicken, himself. so i bet even now the good Dr. Paul could take him!

satchelmcqueen
11-21-2011, 03:48 PM
i sent cbs a very scathing email. its an ass kicking email lol

skilt
11-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Personally,

It appeared Schieffer was hung over, like he'd been out on a bender and got called in at the last second. That'd make me cranky. :p:p

acptulsa
11-21-2011, 03:51 PM
i sent cbs a very scathing email. its an ass kicking email lol

They laughed at it.

Seriously, people. If you want to affect them, you have to rake them over the coals publicly.

Philhelm
11-21-2011, 04:51 PM
honestly if Paul were any younger i'd of wanted him to say at the end "Bob, next time we meet i am going to kick your ass"

i mean Bob is no spring chicken, himself. so i bet even now the good Dr. Paul could take him!

Are you kidding me? Ron Paul's like the only dude in Congress to hit a homerun. He's delivered a thousand babies. You need to see the Ron Paul interview where he's in a parking garage and almost gets abducted. It's hardcore. Point being that I think he could kick some ass.

Working Poor
11-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Ron kicked ass on FTN I was very proud of how he stood up to BS

Democrat4Paul
11-21-2011, 07:59 PM
" i would question the import of what they found. of those commissions you cited, there. what you're saying is 9/11 was our fault"

what!

also, they hate us for our freedom and prosperity? oh, really? i believe Bin Laden and many of his higher ups are more prosperous then most other people in the WORLD and have as much freedom as that money can buy. so they hate us for what they are themselves? maybe even more so then the average working American?

free to do what they want, when they want, and how they want. but they are restrained and under the illusion of religion so they kill us and give it all to god. freedom and prosperity is the last thing they hate us for, considering that's what they have themselves

try again, pinhead. if the Chinese had military bases on our soil looking after their own interests and invaded our neighbors i would hate them forever, bottom line. killing my friends to the North and South and Americans, also. and if even ONE American died because of their occupation i would seriously take up arms and attack the Chinese wherever i could!

what American wouldn't?

but because its the U.S. on some "noble" cause the world should understand? pfft to that

acptulsa
11-21-2011, 08:10 PM
" i would question the import of what they found. of those commissions you cited, there. what you're saying is 9/11 was our fault"

what!

Bob Schieffer said he doesn't believe the CIA. And you know what? I don't either. But I do believe that Bob Schieffer believes them when they're lying, and doesn't have sense enough to believe them on the rare occasions when they're honest...

Democrat4Paul
11-21-2011, 08:24 PM
^ yup. pretty much made my thoughts and post crystal clear, there :)

Don Lapre
11-22-2011, 06:00 AM
Good grief, that was a horseshit interview by Bob Scheiffer.

Exhibit A for why people laugh at CBS... News.

Tinnuhana
11-22-2011, 07:07 AM
I've read things about Israeli insurgents (including Begin) who would kill British troops in Israel as they wanted foreign troops out of there. Sort of parallels things now. I don't know how factual that is.

smithtg
11-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Agree with the first part, OP. The Face the Nation interview highlighted two things:

1. what an attempted smear interview looks like

2. how best to respond to such an interview

Ron did so great deflecting and clarifying and avoiding the gotchas; it was great to watch! I think Ron has been practicing.

I actually watched this whole interview and then did some rewinding at critical places. The "script" had to be followed if you watch good old Bob. Ron blew this interview away and the CBS execs were probably shitting their pants after he deflected every negative attack, with facts, sound reasoning and of course his honesty. What keeps me going is knowing that he speaks the truth. He isnt 'saying what people want to hear' - Ron has positions that he has always had, and to some degree you know there are people that don't like all of his positions, but that doesn't make him timid or back down.

The stupid questions like "what will happen to the national parks?" are so amateurish and that must have been the CBS interns contribution I swear. How friggin dumb. I love how Ron frames most responses like "look, we are so damn broke, and you guys are worrying about national parks?" That is the truth my friends and it resonates with most people who are responsible (believe me though there are plenty that aren't and that is why his message doesnt ring with them)

AGRP
11-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Judging by Becks extremely nonsensical response to this interview, Paul did an incredible job.

fisharmor
11-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Showed this to my wife last night. She very rarely cusses, but her response two minutes into it was:
"Wow, what a bitch!"

ravedown
11-22-2011, 10:41 AM
is there any question that this is a coordinated effort by the MSM to go after RP and take him down? here is o'reilly using the cbs interview to make RP look like an 'blame america' kook. and brit hume limp-wristed defense of RP's positions isn't much help.

http://freedomslighthouse.net/2011/11/21/bill-oreilly-and-brit-hume-discuss-ron-pauls-foreign-policy-views-video-112111/

Athan
11-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Judging by Becks extremely nonsensical response to this interview, Paul did an incredible job.
Beck is just angry I'm frequently banging his wife while he's away at work.

Travlyr
11-22-2011, 12:06 PM
is there any question that this is a coordinated effort by the MSM to go after RP and take him down? here is o'reilly using the cbs interview to make RP look like an 'blame america' kook. and brit hume limp-wristed defense of RP's positions isn't much help.

http://freedomslighthouse.net/2011/11/21/bill-oreilly-and-brit-hume-discuss-ron-pauls-foreign-policy-views-video-112111/

Bill O'Reilly and Brit Hume are either ignorant on the issues of our day, or they are gatekeepers. If they are ignorant, then what they need to do is get out of fantasyland and visit main street America. If they are gatekeepers, then they are accomplices to criminal activity. We are tired of the lawlessness warmongering which they call "government." We the people are going to force our representatives to obey the rule of law, and use honest money, or they'll all have to face the consequences. We are not going away.

To answer Bill's question, "The Ron Paul people are very very devoted to him... they give him a lot of money. What is it about his message that has captured their loyalty?"

Answer: Ron Paul tells the truth.

Brit Hume's answer, "Well there are a certain category of conservatives, Bill, who are libertarians." Then Hume goes off on some dumb rant of obfuscation baloney... to marginalize Ron Paul and his supporters.