PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Dept. of Education - Poll: Do you agree?

Dianne
11-21-2011, 06:41 AM
Poll is here:

huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/20/ron-paul-americans-are-si_n_1104054.html

The Republican presidential candidates have been vocal in their stance to reduce the size of the federal government. Michele Bachmann has repeatedly noted her call for abolishing the U.S. Department of Education, as has Rick Perry, who last week laid out his "uproot and overhaul" plan that would also ax the department.

Though some experts say that a plan like Perry's isn't quite feasible, someone else is stepping into the light with a similar message to slash the federal role in public education. "Once a fringe candidate," as introduced Sunday by Face The Nation's Bob Schieffer, Ron Paul talked American education.

Schieffer asks Paul what the country would do if the candidate's goal to cut several federal agencies actually became a reality, and how the government would handle the issues that those agencies control and oversee. "We just let them go by the bye or what?" Schieffer asks.

"No way and the program deals with this," Paul told Shieffer. "The money isn't there. These are departments that are doing too much. The American people are sick and tired of our educational system."

Watch the rest of Paul's response above.

Quick Poll

Are you "sick and tired of our educational system"? Yes! Cut the Department of Education.

Yes, but there are other ways to fix it without axing the federal agency.

No, it's working fine.

I'm indifferent.

XNavyNuke
11-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Voted. Keeping the agency with some changes is still leading the results.

XNN

vechorik
11-21-2011, 07:33 AM
Voted -- need more votes to cut dept of education!

nobody's_hero
11-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Arrgh. Why don't liberals understand?

We're not talking about getting rid of education. We just want to make it more accountable, and you can't have a body of unelected bureaucrats 4,000 miles away and expect any sort of accountability to the parents of school children. It has failed miserably. Send the responsibility back down to a county board of education member and if he/she does a crappy job, run 'em out of town on a rail.

sratiug
11-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Replies to these articles should be very simple. The Federal Department of Education does not employ teachers, it only drains money from state departments of education which do employ teachers.

sparebulb
11-21-2011, 10:12 AM
voted bump

Are you "sick and tired of our educational system"?

Yes! Cut the Department of Education.

35.79%

40.16%

No, it's working fine.

19.82%

I'm indifferent.

4.23%

flightlesskiwi
11-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Michele Bachmann has repeatedly noted her call for abolishing the U.S. Department of Education, as has Rick Perry, who last week laid out his "uproot and overhaul" plan that would also ax the department.

Though some experts say that a plan like Perry's isn't quite feasible, someone else is stepping into the light with a similar message to slash the federal role in public education.

i would like to say that Ron isn't ripping this idea off of the establishment candidates like this little blurb portrays, THEY are stealing HIS ideas!!

Ron Paul is the OIG (original idea generator) in this race.

Pericles
11-21-2011, 11:14 AM
The Department of Indoctrination of Children is the first that needs to go.

oyarde
11-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Hell yes I agree !!! Anyone who does not , please find that in Article One , Section Eight and we will talk :)

donnay
11-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Are you "sick and tired of our educational system"?

Yes! Cut the Department of Education.

36.21%

39.88%

No, it's working fine.

19.64%

I'm indifferent.

4.27%

Get government out of our lives!!!

Suzu
11-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Voted. Need more votes for Option #1.