PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed Blogger Arrested in NYC ‘Bomb Plot’

Agorism
11-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Unemployed Blogger Arrested in NYC ‘Bomb Plot’

http://news.antiwar.com/2011/11/20/new-york-captures-unemployed-lone-wolf-blogger-over-bomb-plot

In a high profile media event, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other top local officials announced the arrest of Jose Pimentel, a Dominican Republic-born blogger who, in their narrative, “represents exactly the kind of threat the FBI director Robert Mueller has warned about.”

Police say they have followed his “every move” since May 2009, when he expressed some sort of vague support for al-Qaeda on his blog, TrueIslam1.com. They just now got around to arresting him, saying he was close to completing a “really powerful” pipe bomb that was going to somehow simultaneously attack city officials, police, postal workers, military recruiters and returning soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Officials say Pimentel was likely to attack a mailbox first to see if his pipe bomb worked, then move on to other targets. He was said to have no links to any terrorist group and was simply a “lone wolf.”

According to Mayor Bloomberg, Pimentel was really keen on Anwar Awlaki, and also for some reason Saddam Hussein. He reportedly once made a comment that he might change his name to “Osama Hussein.” He is said to have got the idea about the “pipebomb” from an article in Inspire Magazine.

What's the chance we find out this was bogus in three months?

ShaneEnochs
11-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Unemployed Blogger Arrested in NYC ‘Bomb Plot’

http://news.antiwar.com/2011/11/20/new-york-captures-unemployed-lone-wolf-blogger-over-bomb-plot

What's the chance we find out this was bogus in three months?

Find out it was bogus? Come on now, you know it's bogus.

Knightskye
11-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Were they waiting to see if they could charge him with more than conspiracy?

aGameOfThrones
11-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Found a typo.

According to Mayor Bloomberg, Pimentel was really keen on Anwar Awlaki, and also for some reason Saddam Hussein. He reportedly once made a comment that he might change his name to “Obama Hussein.” He is said to have got the idea about the “pipebomb” from an article in Inspire Magazine

Fixed it

dillo
11-21-2011, 01:26 AM
they should have just drone missled him, really sent the message.

edit: this is sarcasm

JK/SEA
11-21-2011, 02:05 AM
they should have just drone missled him, really sent the message.

edit: this is sarcasm

I don't know, i think we need to water board him first, right?

i'll see your edit, and raise you 3 wink-winks..

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-21-2011, 02:32 AM
I don't know, i think we need to water board him first, right?

i'll see your edit, and raise you 3 wink-winks..
Just put him on Obama's kill list and we can kill him legally without trial.