PDA

View Full Version : 9:30pm Eastern Phone Banking Conference Call

nyrgoal99
11-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Number: (610) 214-0000
Code: 724265#

wstrucke
11-20-2011, 08:25 PM
... what is the context and purpose of this?

InTradePro
11-20-2011, 08:29 PM
... what is the context and purpose of this?

Phone from home phone banking training

lx43
11-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Was this sponsored by the campaign?

CaptUSA
11-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Just attended a conference call with the biggest crowd of liberty warriors I've ever been a part of. (I tried to count the beeps - I figure there were over 50)

3 big points here:
1. Make a bunch of calls.
2. Stick to the script.
3. Be engaging.

(I really wanted to say... Hmmm... what was the third one... it was... oops.) :)

Eric21ND
11-20-2011, 10:08 PM
I don't understand the negative stars rating, but whateve. People really need to be lead into making calls so this was productive.

tbone717
11-20-2011, 10:15 PM
I don't understand the negative stars rating, but whateve. People really need to be lead into making calls so this was productive.

Maybe there are some people who are opposed to planning, organization and coordination. Otherwise, why else would they give a bad rating to a thread about training people how to better assist the campaign?

That being said were there any good pointers given? I have been debating as to whether or not it is beneficial to ask permission to ask them a few questions before going into the questioning. I have had some real positive responses that way, but don't want to deviate from the script if it would skew the results in any way.

trey4sports
11-20-2011, 10:24 PM
i didint neg the stars but i could see how someone would seeing as the OP is very misleading. For all you or i know it could be phone banking for RP2012.org group

The point is there was no info to go with it.

tbone717
11-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Trey, what is the rp2012 group doing? Is it a duplication of efforts?

unknown
11-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Maybe there are some people who are opposed to planning, organization and coordination. Otherwise, why else would they give a bad rating to a thread about training people how to better assist the campaign?

That being said were there any good pointers given? I have been debating as to whether or not it is beneficial to ask permission to ask them a few questions before going into the questioning. I have had some real positive responses that way, but don't want to deviate from the script if it would skew the results in any way.

I ask.

The reason that they dont want you to deviate from the script is because they dont want us to campaign and say something retarded that might alienate a potential voter. I do deviate very slightly only for the purpose of getting the surveys completed, which is the goal.

Ive made about 200 calls and I found that asking has worked. If theyre on the fence, sometimes I'll even say "please sir/ma'am" and that almost always works.

tbone717
11-20-2011, 10:31 PM
I ask.

The reason that they dont want you to deviate from the script is because they dont want us to say something retarded that might alienate a potential voter. I do deviate very slightly only for the purpose of getting the surveys completed, which is the goal.

Ive made about 200 calls and I found that asking has worked. If theyre on the fence, sometimes I'll even say "please sir/ma'am" and that almost always works.

I have had similar success that way. Last night I made a bunch of calls to NV and went straight into the questions, essentially reading the script verbatim. I got blown off a lot more than way, and just had a more negative tone to the calls, even with the people that begrudgingly answered the questions.

trey4sports
11-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Trey, what is the rp2012 group doing? Is it a duplication of efforts?

i have no clue, but i am on the mailing list and saw a blurb about calling Iowans. Hopefully no one is duplicating.

trey4sports
11-20-2011, 10:35 PM
one key for maknig calls go smooth is using a time constraint... something like "I have a quick, 60 second survey about the GOP presidential candidates, would you be willing take the survey?"

tbone717
11-20-2011, 10:37 PM
I just poked around their site and really couldn't tell exactly who or what they are doing with Iowa calling. Hopefully, someone else can let us know.

ryanmkeisling
11-20-2011, 10:45 PM
I just signed up, and will be starting tomorrow. Any tips?

tbone717
11-21-2011, 06:59 AM
The facebook group was supposed to record the conference call from last night. That should give you some good tips.

Mine would be:

1) Be super friendly and professional
2) Speak slowly and clearly
3) Let the people know that it is a brief survey in some way
4) Don't get sidetracked (i.e. stay on script)
5) Finish the call strong thanking them for their support
6) Don't get discouraged. Every call is helpful even if it is a wrong number. The information gathered helps the campaign assemble a database of those that need follow up and those that do not.

dante
11-21-2011, 07:03 AM
What is RP2012.org doing that is different from the campaign? Why should I call via their program, versus through the official campaign's phone from home program?

ross11988
11-21-2011, 07:26 AM
What is RP2012.org doing that is different from the campaign? Why should I call via their program, versus through the official campaign's phone from home program?

You shouldn't the campaign program is more important. Only use the Rp2012 program on Sundays

vechorik
11-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Well I'm totally confused. I'm new - signed up for phone from home at rp2012.com, never contacted, yet it's posted here as being very important. Should I sign up somewhere else?

tbone717
11-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Well I'm totally confused. I'm new - signed up for phone from home at rp2012.com, never contacted, yet it's posted here as being very important. Should I sign up somewhere else?

http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

and join the Facebook group for tips, help, etc http://www.facebook.com/groups/phonefromhome/

dante
11-21-2011, 09:38 PM
You shouldn't the campaign program is more important. Only use the Rp2012 program on Sundays

If the campaign doesn't think we should be calling on Sundays - why is the grassroots? Many Christian Republicans would be turned off by getting a phone call on Sunday.

SchleckBros
11-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Don't call on Sunday. You'll just piss off evangelicals, and Iowa is full of them.