PDA

View Full Version : Vox Day at WND: There is only one (endorsing Ron Paul)

sailingaway
11-20-2011, 07:51 PM
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=369761

wgadget
11-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Nice...tweeted.

Original_Intent
11-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Vox is pretty awesome and is no Johnny come lately to Ron Paul. He was very supportive back in 07-08 as well.

specsaregood
11-20-2011, 08:09 PM
great read, doesn't that make the 2nd WND opinion person to endorse dr. paul? or is this the same guy as previously..

brushfire
11-20-2011, 08:16 PM
great read, doesn't that make the 2nd WND opinion person to endorse dr. paul? or is this the same guy as previously..

Molotov Mitchel is the other, so as far as I know this is number 2.

Danke
11-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Like Schiff, Vox has a father in a government cage for tax issues.

specsaregood
11-20-2011, 08:29 PM

ok yeah that was his name, so #2. bring on farah himself.

rprprs
11-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Good article, but demeaned by the cheap shot at Bachmann. Her sex? Her crazy eyes??? C'mon there's plenty there. You can do better than that, Vox.

sailingaway
11-20-2011, 08:50 PM
He kinda liked her, and early on I thought if Ron didn't go up (or she didn't come down) in polls he might end up endorsing her even though I thought he really liked Ron best. So he's kinda saying why despite the good things he said about her before, he isn't. It did come off as not the real reasons, but maybe the real reasons would have made some mad, I dunno. I've only ever read seven or 8 articles by this guy.

Lucille
11-21-2011, 09:05 AM
There is only one (http://voxday.blogspot.com/2011/11/wnd-column_21.html)

This leaves Ron Paul. He is the only candidate who warned the nation of the 2008 financial crisis. He is one of only two candidates who opposed all the disastrous bailouts, the stimulus programs and the central bank policies that have laid the groundwork for the 2012 financial crisis. As the nation plunges into the next stage of the global economic contraction, he is the only candidate who has a sufficient understanding of the situation to mitigate it rather than exacerbate it.

As for those Republicans who believe Rep. Paul is sound on domestic policy but too naïve with regard to foreign policy, I suggest they consider the following question: Do you believe the United States is going to be in any position to project global military power when it is completely bankrupt? Even – no, especially – if you believe in the supreme importance of American maintaining the most powerful military in the world, Ron Paul is the only Republican candidate you can rationally support.

If the mere use of American troops were the correct metric for being strong on defense, Obama has invaded more countries than both Bushes and Ronald Reagan combined. A reckless willingness to spend American military on non-strategic ends is not an indication of strong foreign policy, but rather the same short-sighted failure to foresee consequences that has left the nation in such dire economic straits.

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2011/11/wnd-column_21.html

Sola_Fide
11-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Vox Day holds some weight in modern evangelical circles. This is a good endorsement.

Lucille
11-22-2011, 02:20 PM
That's true, AB.

Vox got mail.

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2011/11/mailvox-dangerous-ron-paul.html

...Isolation is not dangerous. American strength and wealth waxed during its isolationist period and has declined steadily ever since, just as both the Roman and British empires declined once they started attempting to police the world. As I wrote in the column, the irony is that the one Republican presidential candidate whose policies would strengthen the American military and best protect American interests is constantly attacked by stupid and ignorant Republicans who wrongly believe that the more troop deployments that take place, the stronger the nation is.

No wonder they also fall for the Neo-Keynesian argument that the more money you spend, the wealthier you become.

Sorry for not searching the forum before I posted that, SA.

kah13176
11-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Somehow, I got on the WND mailing list a few months back. I unsubscribed because I got a couple mails filled with hatred towards Paul.

Zatch
11-22-2011, 02:27 PM

Ilana Mercer is a Paulite too