PDA

View Full Version : Mrs Obama booed at Nascar races

moderate libertarian
11-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Signs of a rift within pro war groups?

Nov 20, 2011 6:24pm
Michelle Obama, Dr. Jill Biden Draw Boos at NASCAR Event

First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden were grand marshals at today’s NASCAR season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway, appearing as part of their charitable campaign to support military veterans and their families.

But their benign, bipartisan cause wasn’t enough to prevent public fallout from the nation’s polarized political climate as they were introduced before the crowd.

ESPN video from the event documented loud boos from some in the stands as the announcer named Obama and Biden, seconds before they delivered the “most famous words in motorsports,” telling drivers to start their engines.

The pair — who co-chair the Joining Forces initiative — stood beside retired Army Sgt. Andrew Barry and his family. Barry was wounded in action in Iraq and Afghanistan, retired from the military in 2009 and now volunteers at an Orlando veterans center, the announcer said. He received resounding applause.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/11/michelle-obama-dr-jill-biden-draw-boos-at-nascar-event/

trey4sports
11-20-2011, 06:54 PM
lolz. Of course they did. Nascar folks don't care for "liberals."

zerosdontcount
11-20-2011, 06:55 PM
should of known...

FreeTraveler
11-20-2011, 06:56 PM
LOL. Whose bright idea was this? Somebody should be looking for a new job tomorrow.

Anti Federalist
11-20-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure what these yahoos are booing about.

O-bomb-ya has out-Bushed Bush in the war department.

The warharks ought to be cheering.

Bruno
11-20-2011, 06:59 PM

Exactly. Obama said, "I'll take your wars in two countries and raise you two more."

Anti Federalist
11-20-2011, 06:59 PM
LOL. Whose bright idea was this? Somebody should be looking for a new job tomorrow.

The disrespectful and un-American hecklers of the Glorious Leader's wife are already being rounded up.

http://letters.ocregister.com/files/2010/11/janet-300x225.jpg

moderate libertarian
11-20-2011, 07:01 PM

+rep

Justinjj1
11-20-2011, 07:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RV4K6YHTfg

Kodaddy
11-20-2011, 07:04 PM
More like Nazcar...

moderate libertarian
11-20-2011, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RV4K6YHTfg

First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden were grand marshals at today’s NASCAR season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway, appearing as part of their charitable campaign to support military veterans and their families.

But their benign, bipartisan cause wasn’t enough to prevent public fallout from the nation’s polarized political climate as they were introduced before the crowd.

Justinjj, by posting that clip and flag in the background, what are you trying to suggest/say about generally pro Iraq war, pro military Nascar community?

Can you elaborate a bit?

More like Nazcar...

What does that mean?

moderate libertarian
11-20-2011, 07:18 PM
To her credit, despite calls from some African-American leaders for her to leave her husband after reports of alleged war crimes under his command, she stood by Obama.

Justinjj1
11-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Justinjj, by posting that clip and flag in the background, what are you trying to suggest/say about generally pro Iraq war, pro military Nascar community?

Can you elaborate a bit?

It insinuates that Nascar fans are poor, dumb, rednecks who hate Obama for all the wrong reasons.

Not really meant to be a knock on Nascar fans on my part, I just thought it was a funny clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlNQ5gZVytk

HOLLYWOOD
11-20-2011, 07:26 PM
The pair — who co-chair the Joining Forces initiative — stood beside retired Army Sgt. Andrew Barry and his family. Barry was wounded in action in Iraq and Afghanistan You know the planners figured sticking these 2 aristocrats next to a wounded retired military member and his family would keep the crowd squelched.

How fuckin low of these scumbags of government using Wounded Vets and Families for their own PR protection.

CaptainAmerica
11-20-2011, 07:29 PM
I would have booed her as well

HOLLYWOOD
11-21-2011, 07:09 AM
No surprise, the NBC/MSNBC get Obama re-elected channel covered this morning.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/liberalsbooed.jpg

cindy25
11-21-2011, 07:41 AM
part of campaigning; Ron would get booed at AIPAC, Newt would get booed at a Union hall...............

HOLLYWOOD
11-21-2011, 07:52 AM
part of campaigning; Ron would get booed at AIPAC, Newt would get booed at a Union hall...............Media is there to divide...

On a another note, from that great philosopher George Carlin, "There's 3 things politicians HIDE BEHIND; The Flag, The Bible, and Children."

Looking at the picture... Old George was right.

ZanZibar
11-21-2011, 09:14 AM
You know the planners figured sticking these 2 aristocrats next to a wounded retired military member and his family would keep the crowd squelched.

How fuckin low of these scumbags of government using Wounded Vets and Families for their own PR protection.Yep, the political class does this all the time. It's sickening.

At Fancy Farm Picnic this year when Mitch McConnell went to go speak people started heckling him. He immediately said "We need a moment of silence for our fallen soldiers" which of course quelled the crowd. It's disgusting! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

vita3
11-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Too bad Texans didn't boo George W when he was on the mound @ this yrs World Series.

Romulus
11-21-2011, 12:23 PM
This was a setup to rile up the Team O base... they knew they were going to get booed.

Team O is thunderless... gotta fire em up somehow by hating on some 'Nascar'!

LibertyEagle
11-21-2011, 12:30 PM

It's true. :(

KAYA
11-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Media is there to divide...

On a another note, from that great philosopher George Carlin, "There's 3 things politicians HIDE BEHIND; The Flag, The Bible, and Children."

Looking at the picture... Old George was right.

He left out the race card.