PDA

View Full Version : What did you do today for Paul? (Sunday Nov20)

centure7
11-20-2011, 05:45 PM
By sharing your experience, you may encourage others to join your efforts! Hopefully the numbers will grow over time as I do this poll daily. Please pay attention to the day listed so you are putting your vote in the correct poll.

Yeterday's highlights:
GunnyFreedom

As much as I've said sign waving is the least important thing for getting voters, I also said it was very useful for building up the base. It's more for the supporters than the voters, BY FAR. It's an opportunity to network with fellow RP supporters, and coordinate action going forward.

Sometimes, it's even an opportunity to talk to the press and clarify Paul's foreign policy:
http://www.thetimesnews.com/articles/ron-49875-support-backers.html

So I marked 2 things, 1) a sign wave, and 2) chipped away at the misperception of Paul's foreign policy in a local newspaper in a red red county. I didn't mark "direct in person speaking" but I did a lot of that, too.

Steve-in-NY

Mailed a bunch of 2nd amendment slim jims to gun shops in Iowa. Made a list of taxidermist shops to mail to as well. Nh nv and sc are on my horizons as well.

tbone717

3 hours on the phones.

opinionatedfool

I didn't have a lot of time today, but I did take part in several Twitter discussions and got a lot of retweets

neverseen

Wore my button and talked to a few people at a tailgate today.

Yesterday Saturday Nov19
12 Participants, 18 Events, 13 Offline Events.
2 Direct In-Person Speaking
7 Phone Call Campaigning
0 Letter to the Editor
0 Liturature/Sticker Handout Event
5 Online Promotion
1 Sign Wave
0 Fundraising
0 Created Campaign Content
3 See Comment (other)

Yesterday in review:
Participation is up 400% from last Saturday! Total events are up roughly 20%. Good stuff!

Friday Nov18
10 Participants, 14 Events, 10 Offline Events

Daily Summary Participation up 25%, Total Events down 11% Compared to Last Friday

Thursday Nov17
12 Participants, 16 Events, 11 Offline Events

Tuesday Nov15
8 Participants, 16 Events, 12 Offline Events

Monday, Nov14
7 Participants, 8 Events, 6 Offline Events

Sunday, Nov13
4 Partipants, 6 Events, 5 Offline Events

Saturday November 12:
3 Participants, 3 Events, 2 Offline

Friday November 11:
8 Participants, 16 Events, 13 Offline Events

Dorfsmith
11-20-2011, 06:15 PM
A group of us knocked on 60 Republican doors (a little over half of a small precinct) in my area. Most of the people who opened the door were interested in learning more about Ron Paul and took our literature. The super brochures are such a great tool! This is the third precinct we've walked so far and the response has been great.

Earlier this morning I was approached by an older retired guy at Goodwill who saw my Ron Paul pin and he told me that he saw Ron Paul on CBS this morning and was very impressed that he wouldn't back down. He said he would vote for him if he won the nomination. He was a former Obama supporter. I asked him if he would register Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the primary and he said his wife probably wouldn't let him.

While I was eating lunch I was again approached by an older gentleman who asked why I supported Ron Paul. After talking to him for a while he said that 4 years ago he thought Ron Paul was very extreme but over the past few months he's been listening to him and is leaning toward voting for him. He was a lifelong Republican who considered himself to be very conservative. He said that it really warms his heart to see young people who are paying attention and care.

Not sure if we're seeing a trend here but I was encouraged to see older voters from across the political spectrum talk about how they are impressed with and even excited about Ron Paul's campaign.

Steve-in-NY
11-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Started mailing those taxidermists, still sending the gun shops. All Iowa so far. Nh is next.

D.A.S.
11-20-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure if I can write it all in as "today", but since we finally released RonPaulCounty.com today - the location-based portal with mapping, sorting, and communication capabilities - I suppose it qualifies. As part of making the site, I also mined the FEC Ron Paul donor data for Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada, and mapped the donors in those states by counties to identify friendly spots in the early states where we could find supporters and bring them into the grassroots movement. Those donor maps, as well as Election 2008 outcomes by county for the early states have also been compiled and included on the site.

The making of that site kept us busy for a while but hopefully we're still in time to help the grassroots organize as much as possible by the early contests.

Austin
11-20-2011, 09:07 PM
left a Tax Free Tips card along with a nice tip...