PDA

View Full Version : "I am a Real Republican" and "50-1"

bchase
11-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Let me share a vision I've had for this campaign idea with you. Real American - Rick Derringer. Go find it on youtube and listen to it while you read this.

The purpose of this video would be to make it easier to introduce Paul's beliefs in a legitimately Constitutional and boldly Patriotic sense to a wider audience. A song that everyone could rally under, an effective campaign slogan could be built around, and no opposition could contest. Also, it would give OWS a new stage to develop into, by changing (People)99-1 into (States)50-1. Read on.

One of Paul's greatest strengths is that he is closely tied to Reagan in what he proposes, and he has a history of promoting him back in 88 when he was a young adult, around my age. He has countless debate highlights that could be used throughout the whole video to show how he's a "Real Republican." He can make the backbone of his campaign that he's sticking to traditional Republican values, thus shining a new light on him from long-time Republican voters. Also, his ideals appeal greatly to Democrats and Liberals, so he would be a great candidate against Obama, undoubtedly.

And best of all, any controversy created by this, I'm confident Ron Paul could handle. I've never seen him not answer a question truthfully and purposefully. That's the power of honesty, and people will come to realize that this is a man they can trust to change America as well.

I picture it being more theatrical, but if videos could be compiled to demonstrate this, I think it could be just as effective.

(Hit play)

1> 0:01 - 0:17 - It begins by quoting Reagan on two quotes, preferably speaking them publicly on a video.

"A people free to choose will always choose peace."
Ronald Reagan

"Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty."
Ronald Reagan

2> :18 - 1:00 - "Years later..."

-Pictures reflecting the state of the current economy, like the market crashing.
-Headlines of unemployment rates, people losing jobs, money being spent on the war.
-Headlines of people in higher positions getting bonuses and raises.
-Lobbyists and Corporate interests running America (such as the memo uncovered in 'Up' by Chris Hayes).

0:50 - Shows Protestors holding signs of the States they're from. Policemen are holding signs that says "Fed."

3> 1:06 - ...
Amazingly, "I feel strong about right and wrong" sounds like Ron Paul. Like literally, the voice sounds like him. This is where RP's debate highlights are brought up, where he's speaking boldly and strongly about the various issues.

People claim he's balking from war, but he says if a war is declared, it should be brought down quickly. That these drawn out wars are bankrupting the economy. We need to bring home our military, because these countries aren't a threat. Etc.

4> 1:34 - Military men are overseas, killing Iraqi's who are displayed as either fighting for their freedom or being oppressed by our presence, or drawn into fights that wouldn't otherwise exist. Military brothers are being killed on the battlefield. Something that both soldiers could relate to and people could agree with here, basically.

Ron Paul and supporters come over with signs saying "Soldiers Are Americans Too." It'd portray soldiers as losing their rights to Unconstitutional wars, and civilians fighting for them at home. RP's group runs over to the troops, pulls them to their feet, shakes their hands, and sends them to the other side of the stage, where they would be met by their families and kids. They'd take off their uniforms, and all march with RP from there. It'd show how military men, who a majority of donated to RP's campaign, agree that they shouldn't be there as well, and they're fighting for their right as Americans to come home.

5> 2:05 -
You have two crowds of people gathered around 2 different people. Both are holding up signs with sad but true statements, such as "I support bailouts" and "I will raise taxes" etc. People are rallying around them. Spot lights are on them. Then another spotlight opens, and it's Ron Paul. On a corner of the screen, there are debate highlights which says things that defeat the signs the other candidates are holding up. At first, one by one, they start looking over at him and walking to him.

6> 2:28 -
Then the military men and families start coming in from the side behind Paul cheering with signs. People all start looking at them.

The candidates start flipping their signs around saying "I Will Bail You Out!" or "I Will Tax The Rich!" People start going over to Paul in waves.

Then it would go back to the issue on Wallstreet. The Policemen are carrying signs saying "Fed" and protestors are holding signs from the different States they're from. At the end, Policemen would flip their "Fed" signs into State signs, and someone would come in with a sign saying 50-1. (Meaning States vs Fed).

After the song is over, the camera zooms out from a TV over in Iraq. One guy is sitting there watching it. He turns around and says to the camera, "Hey did you see that? The rulers who have been oppressing their country are getting overthrown by the people." (He pauses for 10 seconds). "... I never thought it was possible."

The end of the video has a clip about Paul explaining how he has the traditional Republican values. Then it ends saying "I am a Real Republican" with the video also titled as such.

I need to hear your thoughts on this, as I'm only one man. Thanks for reading.