PDA

View Full Version : This pic was on top of Yahoo front page today

Becker
11-20-2011, 04:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7Dc5l.jpg

Anti Federalist
11-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Well, I would say she's right, but probably for the wrong reasons.

The coining of money and valuation thereof is a Congressional, national responsibility.

trey4sports
11-20-2011, 06:45 PM
At least some of the anger is directed at the FED. Hell, at least folks know what it is.

gone are the days of folks asking me "What does the post office have to do with this?"

TheTyke
11-20-2011, 06:55 PM
I could be too optimistic, but I think we've kind of got the market on this one. "End the Fed" has a much better ring to it, and that's what people are used to hearing when they think of the Fed now :)

Xenophage
11-21-2011, 01:25 AM
Nationalize the Fed doesn't quite have the same "oomph" to it, does it? :rolleyes:

MJU1983
11-21-2011, 01:39 AM
"End" is so much simpler. :)

Acala
11-21-2011, 08:57 AM
"Nationalize the Fed" implies that the Fed will continue its current functions but under direct, rather than indirect, Federal government control. How does that help us? The only difference would be that Congress probably has a slightly different set of masters to serve. And you aren't one of them.

The great evil of the Fed is that it backstops the banks so they can engage in unrestrained money creation and high-stakes gambling, taking any profit and socializing the losses. I can't think of any reason why having Congress do that rather than the private banks is an improvement.

Furthermore, who here thinks the banks can't get Congress to do pretty much whatever the banks want? Show of hands? Nobody? So shifting direct control of central bank functions to Congress just means the banks are working more from behind the scenes. But they are still in control.

GreenBulldog
11-21-2011, 09:20 AM
I don't think this country is suppose to have a central bank since counterfitting is illegal.

Nationalizing the fed will result in hyperinflation. No doubt about it.

AuH20
11-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Let's nationalize the fed and then bail out every underwater mortgage in America! Yea, that's the ticket. Let's do some good for humanity!!

AGRP
11-21-2011, 09:28 AM
How many "End the Fed" pictures were passed up before this was ok'd to be published? 100? 1,000?

pcosmar
11-21-2011, 10:03 AM
How many "End the Fed" pictures were passed up before this was ok'd to be published? 100? 1,000?

Quite a few I am sure. End the Fed was a central position of the movement from the beginning. End The Fed signs have been in every demonstration that I have seen.
TPTB don't want this message and have been seeking to turn and co-opt the movement from the start.

Much as they did with the original Tea Party. (the Ron Paul Revolution)

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ud4e9bd824.JPG

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6093/6268128270_9422ff77fc_z.jpg

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/occupy-wall-street-the-photos.7332116.87.jpg

You really have to try to ignore that.

Pizzo
11-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Quite a few I am sure. End the Fed was a central position of the movement from the beginning. End The Fed signs have been in every demonstration that I have seen.
TPTB don't want this message and have been seeking to turn and co-opt the movement from the start.

Much as they did with the original Tea Party. (the Ron Paul Revolution)

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc422/PaisleysAndPlaids/chi/endthefedtarp.jpg

Chicago, October 8th

Travlyr
11-21-2011, 10:14 AM
"Nationalize the Fed" implies that the Fed will continue its current functions but under direct, rather than indirect, Federal government control. How does that help us? The only difference would be that Congress probably has a slightly different set of masters to serve. And you aren't one of them.

The great evil of the Fed is that it backstops the banks so they can engage in unrestrained money creation and high-stakes gambling, taking any profit and socializing the losses. I can't think of any reason why having Congress do that rather than the private banks is an improvement.

Furthermore, who here thinks the banks can't get Congress to do pretty much whatever the banks want? Show of hands? Nobody? So shifting direct control of central bank functions to Congress just means the banks are working more from behind the scenes. But they are still in control.

I don't think this country is suppose to have a central bank since counterfitting is illegal.

Nationalizing the fed will result in hyperinflation. No doubt about it.

Personally, I would like to see myself in charge of the Fed. I like the idea of a money monopoly as long as I get the computer that makes the entries. :D

Acala
11-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Personally, I would like to see myself in charge of the Fed. I like the idea of a money monopoly as long as I get the computer that makes the entries. :D

don't forget your friends. :D

Travlyr
11-21-2011, 01:50 PM
don't forget your friends. :D

See... That's EXACTLY how it works! Plus, I couldn't vote for Ron Paul... that's a tough one there. Ron Paul or $Billionaire? Sorry Ron. But I would have friends and my own army. :D

GreenBulldog
11-21-2011, 02:04 PM

Some "anti-counterfeiter" you are! :D

(Look at what it says under his screenname.)

See... That's EXACTLY how it works! Plus, I couldn't vote for Ron Paul... that's a tough one there. Ron Paul or $Billionaire? Sorry Ron. But I would have friends and my own army. :D

Nah...You would give the biggest moneybomb to date.

Travlyr
11-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Some "anti-counterfeiter" you are! :D

(Look at what it says under his screenname.)

Lolz...

Nah...You would give the biggest moneybomb to date.
Yeah.. I probably would give Ron a $Billion money bomb. Obama, Cain, Romney, Perry, Bachman, Huntsman, Santorum, Gingrich and all the rest would be "unelectable!"

frag4yourlife
11-21-2011, 02:58 PM
when people say nationalize the federal reserve that means they want the US Treasurey to take over its functions just like lincoln did ?

Travlyr
11-21-2011, 03:01 PM
when people say nationalize the federal reserve that means they want the US Treasurey to take over its functions just like lincoln did ?
Yes. It's a big strong movement. Ellen Brown's "Web of Debt (http://www.webofdebt.com/)" is behind it.