PDA

View Full Version : GOP field readies spending spree

sailingaway
11-20-2011, 04:40 PM
http://images.politico.com/global/news/111120_romneypaulcaingingrichperry_605_ap.jpg

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/68780.html

FA.Hayek
11-20-2011, 04:52 PM
it's imperative to keep donating money to the campaign as we need to keep flooding the iowa and new hampshire airwaves and tv's with ads; it's more important for us than any other candidate b/c the media won't give us any breaks!

sailingaway
11-20-2011, 04:55 PM
I agree.

FSP-Rebel
11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Apparently we have $3.7 mill on hand. Furthermore:

Jesse Benton, Paul’s top political adviser, said he expected a small number of candidates to dominate the airwaves in the run-up to Iowa and New Hampshire.

“I think Perry will fade. I think Romney will be up. If you take the Cain people at their word, they’re probably raising enough money to have some TV up. And then there’s all the super PACs,” Benton said. “I can’t see any other candidate able to do much buying that goes beyond some Fox News and then enough on broadcast to get a press release out.”

Benton said Paul was sending out a new wave of mail “as we speak” and going up soon with fresh ad buys that would run through the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary.

Former Iowa Republican Party Chairman Steve Grubbs, who’s managing Cain’s caucus effort, freely conceded that his candidate would be “outspent by Rick Perry, Ron Paul and maybe some others” in Iowa.

sailingaway
11-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Apparently we have $3.7 mill on hand. Furthermore:

No, it said we had $3.7 on hand at the end of last quarter. They've already sent us letters saying they need $6 mill plus by mid December for the ads they want up. They have gotten some, but not a lot of that from grass roots. Obviously they have other fundraisers, but we need to get more $ to them. Perry was on TV and Ron was not, this last week.

Lord Xar
11-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Any idea if they are gonna create "new" ads, not just re-show the ones they already have?

JamesButabi
11-20-2011, 08:33 PM
On one hand Cain claims they are raising millions by the day, and yet they claim they will be outspent by just about everyone of significance. Hmmmmmmm.

sailingaway
11-20-2011, 08:53 PM
On one hand Cain claims they are raising millions by the day, and yet they claim they will be outspent by just about everyone of significance. Hmmmmmmm.

I thought Benton put that just right, "If one takes Cain's people at their word....."

FSP-Rebel
11-20-2011, 09:29 PM
No, it said we had $3.7 on hand at the end of last quarter. They've already sent us letters saying they need $6 mill plus by mid December for the ads they want up. They have gotten some, but not a lot of that from grass roots. Obviously they have other fundraisers, but we need to get more $ to them. Perry was on TV and Ron was not, this last week.
Sorry, I was pretending I was Cain's campaign manager. Actually, it was an Oops moment.

musicmax
11-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Sorry, I was pretending I was Cain's campaign manager.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbdXSrM0m9w&feature=player_embedded

musicmax
11-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Any idea if they are gonna create "new" ads, not just re-show the ones they already have?

+1. Need some new content.

FreedomProsperityPeace
11-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Ha! Even if Cain's campaign did have the money to spend on ads, their ads are so terrible that it's just wasted.

This article reinforces my opinion that it's not a lack of enthusiasm among Ron Paul supporters that's to blame for low donations. It's the same across the board. The crappy economy is rearing its head.

walt
11-20-2011, 11:51 PM
this campaign has bigger problems than the economy.

LibertyEagle
11-20-2011, 11:53 PM

The campaign needs money. Badly.

McDermit
11-21-2011, 03:14 AM
That statement by Cain's caucus guy sure makes it sound like they've been bluffing. Surprise.

Suzu
11-21-2011, 03:46 AM
... it's not a lack of enthusiasm among Ron Paul supporters that's to blame for low donations. It's the same across the board. The crappy economy is rearing its head.
Except if you're funded by Wall Street.