PDA

View Full Version : We need a major endorsement soon

IHaveaDream
11-06-2007, 06:46 PM
If RP doesn't get a major endorsement soon, I fear that he is doomed to irrelevancy. In spite of his record fundraising and passionate supporters, the MSM and talk radio are basically ignoring, if not dismissing, his candidacy altogether. RP simply cannot compete without greater name recognition. There is already talk of excluding him from another debate. Money bombs will only decline if people conclude that supporting RP is a lost cause.

The primaries are only weeks away. RP must become the Republican nominee or it's probably over. He could run as a third party candidate, but he would only serve as a spoiler to one party or the other. Either RP wins, or we all lose.

We need a major endorsement and we need it very soon.

chiefsmurph
11-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Couldn't agree more.

starless
11-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Drew Carey and Clint Eastwood would be good.

JoshLowry
11-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I endorse Ron Paul for President.

Zydeco
We don't need a "major endorsement" at all.

The whole endorsement idea was always a back-scratching function of the corrupt system. What do the people care if puppet A backs puppet B or C? They're all cogs of the same corrupt machine, and they endorse each other to earn future chits in that corrupt system.

The whole thing is in the process of collapsing. And when it happens, it will happen quickly.

starless
OH! Not to mention Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

It would be even better if there were a South Park episode that portrayed RP favorably.

BLS
CLINT EASTWOOD....we NEED him....he's the John Wayne of our time.

An endorsement from him would solidify alot of Red Blooded Americans!

itsnobody
We don't absolutely NEED it...but it would be nice and helpful

werdd
we got adam curry ;/. Drew carrey or Clint Eastwood would be great, lachlan murdoch would be great too.

walt
11-06-2007, 06:52 PM
We don't need a "major endorsement" at all.

The whole endorsement idea was always a back-scratching function of the corrupt system. What do the people care if puppet A backs puppet B or C? They're all cogs of the same corrupt machine, and they endorse each other to earn future chits in that corrupt system.

The whole thing is in the process of collapsing. And when it happens, it will happen quickly.

Ding Ding - That answer is CORRECT!!!

0zzy
Ronald Reagan?
Barry Goldwater, Jr.?
The Judge?
Cafferty?

Korey Kaczynski
OH! Not to mention Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

It would be even better if there were a South Park episode that portrayed RP favorably.

They'd be Guiliani supporters.

rich34
11-06-2007, 06:53 PM
I couldn't agree less!

Look what we just did! Raised all that money and brought in thousands of "new" donors and all this without having a major endorsement. Sure it would be great and would certainly speed things up, but if we just did 4 million the other day we can do way more than that and with that comes the name recognition from tv, radio etc..... We just need to keep truckin!

But I'm all for endorsements:D

Paulite5112007
11-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Ding Ding - That answer is CORRECT!!!

Exactly - in fact, I think a clever ad would be to start an ad with something along the lines of...

[background - "I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message.]

- white floor with spotlight shining on nothing -

[text to come up showing]

Who's famous that endorses Ron Paul?

[Local RP supporter walks into spotlight and smiles looking at the camera]

SUPPORTER: I'm John Q. America and I support Ron Paul. I support Ron Paul because he doesnt depend on corporate donations to fund his campaign - in fact, the lobyists dont even bother trying.

[Exit supporter stage left - text as fade out to state]

Take America back from the lobbyist.

www.RonPaul2008.com

terlinguatx
11-06-2007, 07:02 PM
The PPA needs to step up

benhaskins
11-06-2007, 07:04 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_of_mouth

Ra_
11-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Actors, Models & Rock Stars will become enchanted with Dr. Paul,
just as you and I have. They just haven't heard of him yet.
It's very hard to pull them away from their mirrors.

In 6 months, bands will be lining up to do free concerts for Ron Paul

NewEnd
11-06-2007, 07:07 PM
nobody ever pays attention to endorsements.

Howard Dean had major endorsements, including big unions and Al Gore.

fj45lvr
11-06-2007, 07:16 PM
we have currently:

walter williams (rush fill in, economist)

Pat Buchanan

Robert Novak

I agree that having MORE current POLITICIANS Would help show support (I can't believe that the WHOLE of Congress is overjoyed with the lot that is out there, they know PAUL has integrity)

George Washington

Sam Adams

Ben Franklin

Hurricane Bruiser
11-06-2007, 07:16 PM
I endorse Ron Paul for President

brianbb98
11-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Ronald Reagan?
Barry Goldwater, Jr.?
The Judge?
Cafferty?

if he got reagans endorsement....

good luck on that one! :)

allyinoh
11-06-2007, 07:23 PM
If RP doesn't get a major endorsement soon, I fear that he is doomed to irrelevancy. In spite of his record fundraising and passionate supporters, the MSM and talk radio are basically ignoring, if not dismissing, his candidacy altogether. RP simply cannot compete without greater name recognition. There is already talk of excluding him from another debate. Money bombs will only decline if people conclude that supporting RP is a lost cause.

The primaries are only weeks away. RP must become the Republican nominee or it's probably over. He could run as a third party candidate, but he would only serve as a spoiler to one party or the other. Either RP wins, or we all lose.

Val Venus the WWE wrestler has endorsed Ron Paul. Unfortunately he is Canadian so he can't vote, but he has endorsed him and has his own blog which covers RP extensively!

I think it's www.freetarian.com

V-rod
11-06-2007, 08:09 PM
http://www.rescue-us.org/new/modules/htmlarea/Xinha_0.931/plugins/ImageManager/demo_images/Kane2.JPG

We got Kane! The only endorsement we need ;)
He can chokeslam neo-cons off the stage if they try to exclude RP.

me3
11-06-2007, 08:14 PM
The campaign is releasing a list of 150 names of notable citizens (including celebrities, professors, etc.) for the grassroots to reach out to with a letter writing campaign.

Adamsa
11-06-2007, 08:18 PM
How the hell we got WWE on our side I have no idea but I'm not complaining.

If someone could get through to Clint Eastwood, then go for it. :|

Whatever happened to John Wayne's daughter learning about Ron anyway?

Richandler
11-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Honestly Paul needs more charisma.

literatim
11-06-2007, 08:19 PM
No celebrity is a major endorsement. A major endorsement is a major politician such as a governor.

I recommend South Carolina's governor Mark Sanford.

DJ RP
11-06-2007, 08:22 PM
They'd be Guiliani supporters.

No they wouldn't.

RonPaulGetsIt
11-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Richard Russell from DowTheoryLetters.com (subscription site) endorsed him today in his commentary. (after 2 emails). He has a big following in the financial community so that should help.

Ra_
11-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Well, looks like the good Doctor finally picked up an endorsement

TechnoViking (http://ykids.com)

RP4ME
11-06-2007, 08:30 PM
What exctly qualifies as a HUGE Endorsement?

traviskicks
11-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Mark Sanford would be nice. The Gov of Idaho, forget his name.

Tom Coburn? Mike Pence? Thomas Sowell? Jeff Flake?

Tom Delay?

The Club For Growth would be a dagger in the heart, but i don't think they'll do it so early.

TheIndependent
11-06-2007, 08:40 PM
I saw a "Sean Paul" of Beverly Hills, CA in the ticker last night as a donor. If it's THE Sean Paul, he's big in the reggae/dancehall scene.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Paul

fj45lvr
11-06-2007, 08:58 PM
What exctly qualifies as a HUGE Endorsement?

I'd say a figure that republican voters respect politically. The what is good for the goose type of thinking.

Some well known figures could actually HARM I suppose by adding some wood to the neo-con fires burning against Paul the "moonbat".

Pat Buchanan I think is a huge plus.

Larry King maybe??? the guy from Americas most wanted??

James R
11-06-2007, 09:01 PM

Reagan and Milton Friedman aren't enough for you? I think those quotes should be in every single ad. The VFW 2006 congressional endorsement is also a big winner.