PDA

View Full Version : [video] OWS Protester May Have Had The Best Moment At The Thanksgiving Family Forum

Immortal Technique
11-19-2011, 11:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ygkeM2dMfw

Airing Date Nov.19, 2011, FYI, The issue was never brought up.

OWS Protester May Have Had The Best Moment At The Thanksgiving Family Forum

you can watch the Forum in it's entirety in the link below
http://www.livestream.com/thanksgivingfamilyforum/video?clipId=pla_8dadc257-ce85-4ebd-b517-d23cc7fee1a1&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

QueenB4Liberty
11-20-2011, 12:01 AM
haha that's great.

kylejack
11-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Is this even real? I have a policy to never believe anything having to do with Fuck You Frank.

Sentient Void
11-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Wow. That was awesome.

EDIT: Duly noted on the points made by recent commenters on this thread. I completely forgot who Frank Luntz was for a sec there, and thought twice about how the guy portrayed himself and associated with RP.

pcosmar
11-20-2011, 12:08 AM
That is what the "OWS" protests were about before TPTB infiltrated it.

Glad that guy was able to speak and put the root problem out there.

Oddone
11-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Sad way for Luntz to try and link OWS to Ron Paul. Very bad acting by Luntz trying to pretend he was heading off an evil OWS protester from inttrupting the event. Obvious BS, is Obvious. Good message from the guy, but the way he was presented hurts Ron Paul with this group of voters.

kylejack
11-20-2011, 12:10 AM
Sad way for Luntz to try and link OWS to Ron Paul. Very bad acting by Luntz trying to pretend he was heading off an evil OWS protester from inttrupting the event. Obvious BS, is Obvious. Good message from the guy, but the way he was presented hurts Ron Paul with this group of voters.
Yeah, I think the guy may have even been an actor. Who is this supposed guy who drove from Nevada to Iowa to speak for 2 minutes?

soulcyon
11-20-2011, 12:16 AM
great clip, he didn't hurt Ron Paul at all.

pcosmar
11-20-2011, 12:17 AM

Tying Ron Paul to End the Fed hurts him?

Oddone
11-20-2011, 12:18 AM
He definitively made a good point, but I didn't anything about being an OWS protester? maybe i'm deaf xD

Your are right he sure didn't. But Luntz said he was OWS, and even made a big show of asking him to not cause a problem at the event. It was all one big show to make Ron Paul look like he is linked to OWS, and his crazy OWS supporters were there to cause problems at the event.

Oddone
11-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Tying Ron Paul to End the Fed hurts him?

Did you not watch the whole video? No tying Ron Paul to OWS hurts him with the evangelical group that he was speaking to. It just happens that the person who stood up was not OWS, or at least did not say he was. Luntz on the other hand did... It was beyond obvious.

european
11-20-2011, 12:28 AM
I just had to punch myself to believe that really happened. The platform was incredible: 3000 politically enganged people in the heart of Iowa.

And I just read some comments here that it might have been an actor, well I dont believe it was an actor. We were lucky enough it to be a very well-spoken and decent man who raised his arm and voice to speak out. And he made it clear that "for instance Ron Paul" is willing to adress the subject.

This video should be used to appeal to the OWS movement. Get those people on the Paul-train! :D

nayjevin
11-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Sad way for Luntz to try and link OWS to Ron Paul. Very bad acting by Luntz trying to pretend he was heading off an evil OWS protester from inttrupting the event. Obvious BS, is Obvious.

Yeah, I think the guy may have even been an actor. Who is this supposed guy who drove from Nevada to Iowa to speak for 2 minutes?

The man in black. The Lawless One

RDM
11-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Did you not watch the whole video? No tying Ron Paul to OWS hurts him with the evangelical group that he was speaking to. It just happens that the person who stood up was not OWS, or at least did not say he was. Luntz on the other hand did... It was beyond obvious.

During the debate they took a five minute break and Ron went straight toward Luntz in a flash and was having some words with him (looked angry), and I wouldn't doubt it had something to do with this.

Oddone
11-20-2011, 12:33 AM
I just had to punch myself to believe that really happened. The platform was incredible: 3000 politically enganged people in the heart of Iowa.

And I just read some comments here that it might have been an actor, well I dont believe it was an actor. We were lucky enough it to be a very well-spoken and decent man who raised his arm and voice to speak out. And he made it clear that "for instance Ron Paul" is willing to adress the subject.

This video should be used to appeal to the OWS movement. Get those people on the Paul-train! :D

The point is not what the guy said, but how he was introduced. He was introduced as someone who, A.) Wanted to interrupt the event B.) Also as part of OWS. Both of these look bad in the eyes of the evangelical voters at this event. I did not say he was an actor, although I wouldn't put it past Frank Luntz, as he has history of being caught stacking focus groups. Now was his message enough to offset the message about him from Frank Luntz? I do not know.

pcosmar
11-20-2011, 12:44 AM

You know,, not all evangelical Christians are completely ignorant.
Not all of them buy the bullshit on TV and sometimes search for themselves. At least some of them do.

I don't trust Luntz for a second,, and am hoping that what he intended just backfired on him.

Oh yeah,, and the OWS movement (at least before Adbusters) was about Ending the Federal Reserve and the Political corruption between Wall Street and Washington DC.

Quite in line with Ron Paul's positions.
As a rule they oppose BOTH political Parties as corrupted beyond repair.

Oddone
11-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Seriously? No one was insulting evangelicals. Just stateing a fact. Also, the OWS that is alive has nothing to do with the FED. No matter how many Ron Paul folks tried sway the direction of OWS.

LibertyEagle
11-20-2011, 01:18 AM
I'm listening to this thing and man, Luntz is such a propaganda artist.

Danke
11-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Isn't everything Luntz does choreographed?

Hospitaller
11-20-2011, 06:04 AM
He was wearing a baseball cap indoors inside a church, possibly the dress luntz ordered to make him seem more of an outsider

Oddone
11-20-2011, 06:08 AM
He was wearing a baseball cap indoors inside a church, possibly the dress luntz ordered to make him seem more of an outsider

I should have noticed that. Who dresses down and wears a ball cap to church? I know I never have...

speciallyblend
11-20-2011, 06:13 AM
FU FRANK, let me repeat thru the stinch of crap coming from my laptop because of you frank. FU FRANK!!! this guy is scum of the earth!

Nate-ForLiberty
11-20-2011, 06:17 AM
Can someone get an interview with that guy. Personally, I've become jaded and don't believe any of this crap anymore. My first reaction is that he's an actor. Especially since it was Luntz who "found him".

123tim
11-20-2011, 07:03 AM

Believe it or not, I didn't recognize Luntz and thought that he must be a pastor or minister.
I thought the video was amazing until I read the some of these posts.

The one thing that I thought that was odd (before realizing that it was Luntz) was the way the "OWS protester" held up his arm while the crowd cheered as he departed. This didn't quite seem to match the humble persona that the he seemed to portray as he spoke.

Might have because of nervousness. We'll probably never know on this earth who the person actually was.

Chester Copperpot
11-20-2011, 07:08 AM
Is this even real? I have a policy to never believe anything having to do with Fuck You Frank.

I know what you mean..

The guy kinda had a michael moore look to him, in his soft spoken mannerism and even in his baseball cap... Im leaning to the POV that this was staged.

Bruno
11-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Did you guys catch the part where at the end of his speech where he says to Luntz, "when you came up to us and spoke to us..."? That shows Luntz spoke to the group, if not to him personally, before the event.

I drove by the event just before it started, because tickets were sold out and i wanted to see who was outside. There were dozens of protestors wrapping up and walking through the park. I took a few pics. I did see one End the Fed sign. I asked one group if they supported any Republican candidates. One loud lady said none of them supported their views. I told her to check out Ron Paul as i drove off.

They were there, perhaps this guy was invited in by Luntz. He also didn't seem like a typical protestor that would stand up and shout, by the calm manner he took to deliver his message.

Feeding the Abscess
11-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Here's what I took from the video:

Santorum took a peek at Bachmann's ass as the candidates walked in. Some Family Values man he is.