Thank you. Someone ought to Youtube it.

bluesc
11-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Damn, Buchanan called for regulations to beat corporatism :(

GeorgiaAvenger
11-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Damn, Buchanan called for regulations to beat corporatism :(
I know.

Though I did like how he mentioned he was against imminent domain.

low preference guy
11-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Though I did like how he mentioned he was against imminent domain.

eminent domain

GeorgiaAvenger
11-19-2011, 10:37 PM
eminent domainRight haha

Eric21ND
11-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Pat has always been a protectionist.

Liberty Shark
11-20-2011, 12:00 AM
I have frequently found myself in agreement with many of Buchanan's ideas and positions. I also believe that the media showed tremendous bias against Buchanan during his first couple of serious presidential runs, and basically it was a deliberate smear campaign by the media and establishment. It is fairly well known that Ron Paul was going to run in 1992, but Buchanan convinced him not to in order so that he himself could.
However, to put it bluntly, Buchanan is currently a total failure in the political discourse of the country. Buchanan has been constantly railing against free trade for years. In an interview with Judge Napolitano on Freedom Watch he nearly endorsed Romney, and when the Judge mentioned Ron Paul, Buchanan attacked Paul for not being good on "economic nationalism".
Back in 2010 on Chris Matthews MSNBC show, Buchanan mocked people who want to abolish the Fed.
Also, currently Ron Paul is clearly a top tier candidate judging by the current round of Iowa and New Hampshire polls. Therefore, when given a platform to offer analysis on politics and the current GOP race, ANYONE who doesn't mention Paul as a top tier candidate in every discussion is being completely dishonest, and therefore an establishment hack. Sorry Pat but just mentioning Paul briefly in a few columns for your magazine does not cut it.

Sorry to say it but Pat Buchanan is today an irrelevant apologist for the establishment that he once (apparently) fought so hard against.

Feeding the Abscess
11-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Pat has always been a protectionist.

He was a mild protectionist in '92, likely because of Rockwell, Ron, and Rothbard all being on his campaign. Buchanan more or less killed the paleo/libertarian alliance by going full bore in '96.