PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Foreign Relations EXPERT

wgadget
11-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Whenever I hear Ron Paul in a debate, I am always floored by the authority with which he speaks on foreign policy. He seems to have an inside scoop on what's REALLY going on in Iran, Iraq, or wherever. When he talks about Iran not even having the capacity to refine its own gasoline, for example, he seems to know what he's talking about. Of course, the others only pooh-pooh him and think he's a loon.

I wonder why he doesn't broadcast the fact that he is on the House Foreign Relations committee, and is more privy to what's going on in the world than most of the others on the stage who simply want to play up "American exceptionalism" for their neocon audiences.

The average Joe debate-watcher might feel better about Ron's foreign policy if they knew that he's got inside information.

What do you guys think?

bluesc
11-19-2011, 03:17 PM
It's all information available to the general public - if they choose to research it. Luckily, he has done his homework.

wgadget
11-19-2011, 03:19 PM
I guess what I'm saying is, Ron ought to come out of his humble shell sometimes and just brag on himself every now and then.

But then I guess he wouldn't be Ron.

hazek
11-19-2011, 03:27 PM
OP if you haven't noticed yet, Ron always speaks in philosophies and principles rather than case by case basis. To him it doesn't matter what information he has until it's up to him to make decisions.. He wants the people to understand and support his principles and philosophy.

freeforall
11-19-2011, 03:28 PM
or it is another thing for his supporters to include in comments, videos, etc. regarding his foreign policy

BattleFlag1776
11-19-2011, 03:32 PM
OP if you haven't noticed yet, Ron always speaks in philosophies and principles rather than case by case basis. To him it doesn't matter what information he has until it's up to him to make decisions.. He wants the people to understand and support his principles and philosophy.

A little dose of reality via a short history lesson never hurts to help make the case though!

hazek
11-19-2011, 03:35 PM
A little dose of reality via a short history lesson never hurts to help make the case though!

I know. But Ron is a bit stubborn when it comes to tailoring his message..

Af-Pak
11-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Ron is right on Iran. Not only does Iran does not have enough gasoline and have to ration it, but they also dont have a fully functional airforce due to shortage of parts cuz of the sanctions. Most of their aircrafts are from the 70's during the Shah's era. Let me tell you another inside information. American foreign policy strategists have deliberately bloated Iran into a monster status that it simply cannot achieve itself. There is a concerted effort by the West to make Iran a leading power breaker in the region countering the Sunni neighbours for some future conflict. I still remember that during the start of the Afghan war in 2001, one of the American ambassadors gave an interview in which she highlighted the co operation Iran had given the US in the bombing campaign of Afghanistan and how the republican guard provided information on Taliban installations on maps from their Northern Alliance allies in Afghanistan after their frustration at American's inability in the beginning to bomb the right targets. And I also remember a meeting at the start of Iraq War when the president of Iran (then Mohammed Khatami) met Jack Straw ( British FM) and said the following words, (im paraphrasing) : We would like to repeat the co operation that we (Iran & West) shared during the liberation of Afghanistan, by helping you (British) in your fight against Saddam. The West then paved the way for Muqtada As Sadr and his violent men to take over the country militarily and first and then eventually bought them into the political mainstream. Mark my words, never will the West attack Iran, cuz they are the best regime for them in that region that they can trust to do their job. This whole war mongering is to give Iran a status that it simply cannot sustain or wills (Resistor of American pressure).

Revolution9
11-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Ron is right on Iran. Not only does Iran does not have enough gasoline and have to ration it, but they also dont have a fully functional airforce due to shortage of parts cuz of the sanctions. Most of their aircrafts are from the 70's during the Shah's era. Let me tell you another inside information. American foreign policy strategists have deliberately bloated Iran into a monster status that it simply cannot achieve itself. There is a concerted effort by the West to make Iran a leading power breaker in the region countering the Sunni neighbours for some future conflict. I still remember that during the start of the Afghan war in 2001, one of the American ambassadors gave an interview in which she highlighted the co operation Iran had given the US in the bombing campaign of Afghanistan and how the republican guard provided information on Taliban installations on maps from their Northern Alliance allies in Afghanistan after their frustration at American's inability in the beginning to bomb the right targets. And I also remember a meeting at the start of Iraq War when the president of Iran (then Mohammed Khatami) met Jack Straw ( British FM) and said the following words, (im paraphrasing) : We would like to repeat the co operation that we (Iran & West) shared during the liberation of Afghanistan, by helping you (British) in your fight against Saddam. The West then paved the way for Muqtada As Sadr and his violent men to take over the country militarily and first and then eventually bought them into the political mainstream. Mark my words, never will the West attack Iran, cuz they are the best regime for them in that region that they can trust to do their job. This whole war mongering is to give Iran a status that it simply cannot sustain or wills (Resistor of American pressure).

I agree with this assessment and remember these news items he mentions. I have also read alot of articles about cooperation behind the scenes.

Rev9