PDA

View Full Version : i just got back from voting...

surf
11-06-2007, 06:22 PM
local/state stuff- a lot of stuff that i'd see as limiting personal rights, but that's not why i'm posting

- after voting, i handed a slim-jim to the gal watching the ballot box. since she took it, i walked over to the table that was recording the voters and handed the guy manning my precinct and the guy next to him slim-jims, explaining that this was for the Feb. election and not todays. feeling good, i gave my last one to a lady next to the two guys - and she rejected it saying "no electioneering within 300 feet of a polling station [on elction day]." i explained that it was for the presidential primary and she said "no exceptions."

i looked at the two gentlemen that i had given the sjs to, and neither of them seemed compelled to give them back (nor the gal at the ballot box). as i'm walking out i whisper to the lady at the front desk (this polling place is a retirement home) - "i'm not supposed to be giving you this." she smiled, grabbed it, and said she'd look it over.

Ra_
11-06-2007, 06:28 PM
What's next?
Gonna take your gun down to the airport and mess around near the gate?

JosephTheLibertarian
11-06-2007, 06:30 PM
lol

DrNoZone
11-06-2007, 06:35 PM
What's next?
Gonna take your gun down to the airport and mess around near the gate?

Wow, that was a GREAT impression of mainstream media sensationalism!

ross11988
11-06-2007, 06:39 PM
The voting locations here were slow as hell so our group got in the busiest intersection of town. 1 person on each corner with a big 2x4 sign while I bullhorned.

thehittgirl
11-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Wow 300 feet? Here's it's supposed to be 100ft, though there were no signs up stating that. Hubby knew and our MU organizer reminded us too.

Hubby didn't think we were in the right place at first because everywhere else he has voted has had a sign.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-06-2007, 06:42 PM
I'd tell her "too bad"

Mandrik
11-06-2007, 06:50 PM
I took my kids with me to vote, like I always do. As we were walking to the precinct (which is a whole 4 blocks away), my kids kept talking about how much fun it was going to be to go on a boat. I kept saying, "no, we're going to VOTE," but they insisted that boats were more fun. Gotta love the minds of 3-almost-4-year-olds.

BTW, I love how everyone in my precinct always knows me when I walk in. I have no clue who they are (I see them once a year), but they never need my name or ID, ask me about my wife, etc. Old people frighten me.

ladyliberty
11-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Boat for Ron Paul! :D

Good slogan for a child's t-shirt!

ross11988
11-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Haha heres its 10 feet.