PDA

View Full Version : Et tu Rudy? Fred? John, Mitt? Mike?

JPFromTally
11-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Mitt Romney couldn't raise his "record" day without an army of workers making phone calls. Why don't the "frontrunners" try to do this - WITHOUT MSM HELP.

They can't do it. And they know it.

Santana28
11-06-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm waiting breathlessly for one of them to be foolish enough to attempt this ;)

Actually, i'm kind of scared that Rudy or one of those supposed "top-teir" candidates will pull something like this off... fudge a few numbers from "pledges" and try and get the media attention off of Paul.

I know they can't do this legitimately - especially not now after all their main corporate sponsors have already maxed out.

We'll see.... it should be fun!

AMBurns
11-06-2007, 06:34 PM
All Romney did was call his 4000 cousins down at Juniper Creek to donate a couple hundred for the cause.

Most of it was pledges anyway, who knows if it ever made it into his account.

The Mormon Church is a unified church which has a body of leaders. One directive from them and every practicing Mormon would give him as much as he needed.

This is also the reason he can't win. Mormons creep people out.

NewEnd
11-06-2007, 06:38 PM
All Romney did was call his 4000 cousins down at Juniper Creek to donate a couple hundred for the cause.

The Mormon Church is a unified church which has a body of leaders. One directive from them and every practicing Mormon would give him as much as he needed.

This is sooooo untrue.

sparebulb
11-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Not all Mormons are in lock-step. Harry Reid is a Mormon. But yes, he creeps me out.

Omphfullas Zamboni
11-06-2007, 07:02 PM
This is sooooo untrue.

Thanks, man. Speaking as a practicing LDS dude, the Church encourages its members to ponder their hearts for the best political candidate.

I have pondered, and I've found that Mr. Ron Paul deserves my vote.

Earnestly,
Omphfullas Zamboni

As a note of interest, see, "The Constitution--A Heavenly Banner" (http://speeches.byu.edu/reader/reader.php?id=6985).

ThomasJ
11-06-2007, 07:22 PM
The irony is that the Mormons believe that the Constitution is Divinly inspired. As in god directed the founding fathers to write it as such. That means that Romney is actually not representative of Mormons and probably gives them a bad name.

I live in AZ lots of Mormons here but they are all very strict about the rule of law. Most of the Mormons I know are Ron Paul supporters also.

Omphfullas Zamboni
11-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Ron Paul took Utah?

*Imagines the wonderful press coverage that would generate. :)

sparebulb
11-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Yes it would!

Wouldn't it be even more hilarious if RP won California or Massachusetts?

dircha
11-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Mitt Romney trying to run a grass roots fundraiser would be like the time Walmart attempted to create their own MySpace for children for Back to School.

Fyretrohl
11-06-2007, 07:40 PM

Sir, you are misinformed and your generalization is biased and dangerous. I can say this definitively, because, I AM LDS. Our church leaders do not tell us how to vote. They strongly urge us to get involved and vote, but, we are to vote our concious. Now, why would a member of the LDS church be here? Simple, Mitt Romney does not stand for our faith. Ron Paul's political history is more strongly based in our beliefs than Mitt's is. I will not bash other candidates, as that is against my faith, but, I will build up where I can. Ron Paul is the candidate I will vote for, even if he does not win the nomination and is not on the ballot. I will vote for the right candidate. I will not vote for the lessor of evils.

Omphfullas Zamboni
11-06-2007, 07:51 PM
What I find amazing is the way the tone of the media is evolving. At first there was no coverage, then the longshot dismissals, and then outright surprise. Now, pundits are calling him a possible upset.

I utterly want this campaign to be more than an upset. You guys have raised more money than John McCain--for goodness sake.