PDA

View Full Version : GOPers Cain and Romney rip Occupy Wall Street

bobbyw24
11-18-2011, 02:33 PM
It's unclear whether the movement might boost the president's re-election chances, drag down his support with swing voters, or fail to impact the election at all

BY Aliyah Shahid
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Republicans have seen the enemy, and its name is Occupy Wall Street.

GOP presidential hopefuls are using unusually harsh rhetoric to criticize the anti-bank movement, which celebrated its two-month anniversary on Thursday with a "National Day of Action" that led to approximately 400 arrests across the country, primarily in New York City.

Herman Cain accused the demonstrators of "trying to destroy the greatest nation in the world." Meanwhile, Mitt Romney praised anti-Occupy mayors who have "finally up to this," and said he wished the protesters' tent cities had been removed sooner.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gopers-cain-romney-rip-occupy-wall-street-analysts-debate-movement-affect-2012-article-1.979759#ixzz1e5io6r00

kahless
11-18-2011, 02:45 PM
They are only hurting their chances in the general. If Ron wins the primary they are also hurting his chances due to people will falsely associate these beliefs with the Republican party and Ron.

trey4sports
11-18-2011, 02:46 PM
They are only hurting their chances in the general. If Ron wins the primary they are also hurting his chances due to people will falsely associate these beliefs with the Republican party and Ron.

I dont think Occupy is popular with the majority of either party. Politically it's probably a good idea to attack them.

moderate libertarian
11-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Cain voted for Bill Clinton, calling him a GOPer would be a stretch.

That said, I'm still not convinced that OWS is 100% CIA engineered operation, it seems too busy engineering foreign movements to have time for domestic movements right now.
Likewise, NYT/ CNN journalists reporting on all the movements are not on CIA payroll.

Brian4Liberty
11-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Appropriate song for the OWS movement:

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be all right