PDA

View Full Version : New study: TSA grows by 400% while passenger traffic increases only 12%

Anti Federalist
11-18-2011, 01:25 PM
TSA Celebrates 10 Years of Sucking!

Nick Gillespie | November 17, 2011

http://reason.com/blog/2011/11/17/tsa-10-years-of-sucking

A decade into its existence, a new report blasts the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) as a 10-year-old monster child. From the Wash Post:

After a $56 billion federal investment in airline security, flying is no safer than it was before the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and the bare hands of passengers might be the best defense once a terrorist gets on board, two members of Congress [Reps. John Mica and Paul Broun] said Wednesday.

Deriding the Transportation Security Administration as a bloated bureaucracy that recruits security personnel with ads on gas pumps and pizza boxes, the two House Republicans said it needed to undergo almost a dozen reforms....

Mica and Broun, both longtime critics of the agency, challenged the need for 3,986 employees at its Washington headquarters, saying they earned an average of $103,852 a year.

The Post account notes that the TSA (Testicle Squeezing Agency) has its defenders, especially among those folks paid to do so:

TSA spokesman Greg Soule denounced the report.

“At a time when our country’s aviation system is safer, stronger and more secure than it was 10 years ago, this report is an unfortunate disservice to the dedicated men and women of TSA who are on the front lines every day protecting the traveling public,” Soule said. “TSA has developed a highly trained federal workforce that has safely screened over 5 billion passengers and established a multilayered security system reaching from curb to cockpit. ”

Whole Post piece here.

Read the actual report here. Some lowlights:

 Since 2001, TSA staff has grown from 16,500 to over 65,000, a near-400% increase. In the same amount of time, total passenger enplanements in the U.S. have increased less than 12%.
 Since 2002, TSA procured six contracts to hire and train more than 137,000 staff, for a total of more than $2.4 billion, at a rate of more than $17,500 per hire. More employees have left TSA than are currently employed at the agency.
 Over the past ten years, TSA has spent nearly $57 billion to secure the U.S. transportation network, and TSA‘s classified performance results do not reflect a good return on this taxpayer investment.
 On average, there are 30 TSA administrative personnel—21 administrative field staff and nine headquarters staff—for each of the 457 airports where TSA operates.

moderate libertarian
11-19-2011, 11:44 AM
The way things are going, there could be 1000% increase in TSA groping apparatus in years ahead while free mobility of Americans and economic/commerce activities cripple. Obama's masters seem to want to shape US into a "secure" police state modeling after Israel and have setup various bilateral police state exchnage programs with them. By the time Obama regime comes to end, won't be surprised if there is massive network of Israel style TSA checkpoints at US highways, shopping malls, movie theatres, restaurants, sports stadiums etc and Americans women/children are asked to remove their bras, underwear for security checks. It may seem unimaginable but we passed the unimaginable barrier miles ago.

Israeli Security Forces Women Journalists to Take Off Bras - ABC ...
Jul 21, 2011 ... The incidents follow a similar episode in January dubbed "Bra-gate" by the Israeli
press when a female reporter for Al Jazeera was denied ...

abcnews.go.com/International/israeli-security...journalists-off-bras/story?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx153bakIdQ

Napolitano Visits Israel for Security Meetings
Jan 4, 2011 ... Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano is visiting Israel to ... Notably,
Peres praised the Obama Administration for its work in ...

www.njdc.org/blog/napolitanovisitsisrael010411

In Israel, they tend to be discriminatory and single out people of certain ethnic backgrounds for such enhanced bra/underwear removal screenings. As US laws prohibit systemic racial discrimination, Obama operators would have to be checking bras/underwears of brown/blonde/black/white American children, women when they implement next stage of police state in US. Once a US President grabs the power the assassinate US citizens without due proces of law, police state has taken root.

As they said, Freedom is on the march.

Danke
11-19-2011, 11:56 AM
"Since 2001, TSA staff has grown from 16,500 to over 65,000, a near-400% increase. In the same amount of time, total passenger enplanements in the U.S. have increased less than 12%."

OK. But how many fewer private security employees are there at airport screenings?

pacelli
11-19-2011, 11:58 AM
I think what they are doing is pretty obvious. They're going to continue expanding their influence over the highway system.

Anti Federalist
11-19-2011, 12:06 PM
By the time Obama regime comes to end, won't be surprised if there is massive network of Israel style TSA checkpoints at US highways, shopping malls, movie theatres, restaurants, sports stadiums etc and Americans women/children are asked to remove their bras, underwear for security checks. It may seem unimaginable but we passed the unimaginable barrier miles ago.

Count on it. They've come right out and said so.

And when the next "right" puppet comes along, the process will continue, with full support of the Obama bashers now, and resistance from the Obama supporters.

phill4paul
11-19-2011, 12:15 PM
There will be no free travel in this 'free' state. Airlines, highways, subways and trains. All will be monitored. This is what is done in an totalauthoritarian state. This is were we are headed.

Lucille
11-19-2011, 12:36 PM
By the time Obama regime comes to end, won't be surprised if there is massive network of Israel style TSA checkpoints at US highways, shopping malls, movie theatres, restaurants, sports stadiums etc and Americans women/children are asked to remove their bras, underwear for security checks. It may seem unimaginable but we passed the unimaginable barrier miles ago.

And when the next "right" puppet comes along, the process will continue, with full support of the Obama bashers now, and resistance from the Obama supporters.

LRC: What Will We Say? (http://lewrockwell.com/peters-e/peters-e115.html)

What will we say when the government announces that “for security reasons” it will begin conducting random checks of our homes? That we will be required by law to open our doors and stand aside while government agents do a walk-through, just to “be sure” and (of course) “to keep us safe”?
[...]
What will be the reaction when the goons in Washington announce that “terrorists” are finding refuge in “safe houses” – private homes? There could be a Manhattan Project in your next door neighbor’s basement – perhaps in your basement… .

Far-fetched? Paranoid? Really? More far-fetched than crotch-grabbing 7-year-old white kids on the theory that their parents might be secret A-Rabs who perhaps bleached their progeny and outfitted said child with radioactive Underoos? Or demanding that crippled 80-year-olds remove their Depends for similar reasons? Or that because there might be a drunk driver out there on the roads, every single driver who happens to be on the road automatically forfeits his (former) Fourth Amendment rights? Or that is now illegal – in Indiana, at least – to resist an armed intrusion by a costumed thug into one’s own home?

It is not paranoid – and far from being far-fetched – to imagine where this will all inevitably lead. We – enough of us to give the illusion of consent, at least – have already conceded the principle. That “security” justifies almost anything. And probably, very soon, everything.

CaptainAmerica
11-19-2011, 12:45 PM
TSA can go to hell

moderate libertarian
11-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Whatever happened of this Texas Bill, anyone knows?

TX bill banning TSA from touching “anus, sexual organ, breast” ...
Jun 30, 2011 ... Lawmakers in the Lone Star State adjourned their special session Wednesday
without passing SB 29, a bill that would have limited ...

www.examiner.com/.../tx-bill-banning-tsa-from-touching-anus-sexual-organ-breast-is-dead -

moderate libertarian
11-20-2011, 06:57 PM

Yep, changing puppets doesn't matter as long as puppet masters are same.

Anti Federalist
11-20-2011, 07:02 PM

Jun 30, 2011 ... Lawmakers in the Lone Star State adjourned their special session Wednesday

www.examiner.com/.../tx-bill-banning-tsa-from-touching-anus-sexual-organ-breast-is-dead -

Fizzled out and went limp.

AFAIK that special session action killed it and it never came up again.

donnay
11-20-2011, 07:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdh0hJayc_8

Lucille
11-20-2011, 07:38 PM
I can't believe anyone flies at this point. I was watching TSA goons molest travelers on video (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/99027.html) today, and I honestly don't know how people can stand it. I haven't flown since '07, and I'd rather eat glass than submit.

They way the sickening little nazis harassed the woman with the breast milk, breaking federal law and making her miss her flight, was especially infuriating. They did it to f' with her, period, just like the cop told her. He should have arrested them for breaking federal law.

QueenB4Liberty
11-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Yeah that TX bill died. :(

flightlesskiwi
11-20-2011, 07:42 PM
"Since 2001, TSA staff has grown from 16,500 to over 65,000, a near-400% increase. In the same amount of time, total passenger enplanements in the U.S. have increased less than 12%."

OK. But how many fewer private security employees are there at airport screenings?

my guess... 400% less.

Danke
11-20-2011, 07:44 PM
I can't believe anyone flies at this point. I was watching TSA goons molest travelers on video (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/99027.html) today, and I honestly don't know how people can stand it. I haven't flown since '07, and I'd rather eat glass than submit.

If it wasn't for TSA agents, some of us would go without human touch.

low preference guy
11-20-2011, 07:48 PM
danke is one of my favorite posters. he makes a lot of funny comments. but has danke ever made a political comment in this political forum?

flightlesskiwi
11-20-2011, 07:54 PM
danke is one of my favorite posters. he makes a lot of funny comments. but has danke ever made a political comment in this political forum?

now that you mention it....

Danke
11-20-2011, 07:56 PM

What makes it political to you?

aGameOfThrones
11-20-2011, 08:01 PM
TSA: see something, touch something.

low preference guy
11-20-2011, 08:02 PM

something that's not a joke. actually, i just found one.

flightlesskiwi
11-20-2011, 08:04 PM

Danke, did you pick up the ability to stay politically neutral through all that .mil "training"?? or was it the hypoxia?

edit: i'm sorry you are lonely.

Danke
11-20-2011, 08:04 PM
something that's not a joke. actually, i just found one.

So does post #3 count?

low preference guy
11-20-2011, 08:07 PM
So does post #3 count?

that one.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-21-2011, 04:30 AM
65,000 jobs? holy crap, what an effing waste of money.

Lucille
11-21-2011, 08:58 AM

LOL...

I'd go with a prostitute. They're a better class of people, they do honest work, they touch you where and when you say, and they're cheaper!

Lucille
11-21-2011, 04:24 PM
LRC: Words of Wisdom from One of the TSA's Former Goons (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/98924.html)

Everyone’s most hated bureaucracy employed Bill Forster at Los Angeles International Airport for four years, until he finally quit because “working” for the TSA was “honestly the worst most embarrassing job (http://homelandsecuritytheater.com/?page_id=2) I have ever had…it is theater folks! They protect no one.
[...]
Meanwhile, Saturday marked ten years since warmonger and torturer George W. Bush signed the legislation hatching this satanic agency. How utterly shameful that we've tolerated demeaning, brutal tyranny for a decade now — as bad as a rat's dying in your living room of old age, fat and contented.

Becky Akers has been great on the Naziesque TSA. She never lets up.

Fermli
11-21-2011, 05:06 PM
[B] Since 2001, TSA staff has grown from 16,500 to over 65,000, a near-400% increase. In the same amount of time, total passenger enplanements in the U.S. have increased less than 12%.

that's a lot of bedbugs going through people's laundry.

heavenlyboy34
11-21-2011, 05:15 PM

Yeah. I seem to recall in the months and years immediately following 9/11 the neocon media was fawning over the marvels of Israel's security complex.

DamianTV
11-21-2011, 05:17 PM
TSA grows by 400% and men who use ExtenZe experience penis growth of 0.0%? Maybe I should rub TSA on my penis? Oh, wait, they already do that, for free no less, and apparently don't have any positive effects on your junk.

youngbuck
11-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Mica and Broun, both longtime critics of the agency, challenged the need for 3,986 employees at its Washington headquarters, saying they earned an average of $103,852 a year.

What a disgusting theft from the productive sectors of our economy. The TSA really needs to be dissolved.

DamianTV
11-22-2011, 05:29 AM
What a disgusting theft from the productive sectors of our economy. The TSA really needs to be dissolved.

If we did that, the unemployment rate would shoot up to 85%!