PDA

View Full Version : Rush Tearing Down Newt and Romney

11-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Right now, talking about their support for the individual mandate.

low preference guy
11-18-2011, 11:51 AM
So is Rush's way to support Ron trashing his opponents? Or is Rush hoping for a Perry comeback?

trey4sports
11-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Who cares who endorses. Let him continue tearing down our opponents.

bluesc
11-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Sweet. Who the hell is there left for him to pump up?

low preference guy
11-18-2011, 11:53 AM

Perry?

trey4sports
11-18-2011, 11:55 AM
To be fair.... he's bashed the hell out of Ron so don't expect an endorsement.

Ireland4Liberty
11-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Rush has admired Ron all along but he has to pander to his audience on foreign policy.

His plan... tear Rons opponents down!! ... I can dream

11-18-2011, 11:57 AM
If Rush would never be on our side, then Perry would be his logical choice, I would think.

But the important thing is that he says far more negative things now about our main opponents at this crucial time in the elections than he ever said about Ron Paul.

He is planting seeds of doubt that may yield some votes for us in the end, whatever his intentions actually are.

zerosdontcount
Rush is so angry all the time, sometimes I wonder if he was abused as a child.

FSP-Rebel
So is Rush's way to support Ron trashing his opponents? Or is Rush hoping for a Perry comeback?
Either way, we're on the receiving end of things. Perry needs all the help he can get right now but having the conservative ace taking aim at Grinch is a great way to seal the ceiling and bring him back down to earth swiftly. More so, tying Grinch to Romney's positions is gonna drop a lotta jaws.

Bruno
11-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Hopefully after RP does well in the foreign policy debate some of the concerns will fade.

low preference guy
It seems there are only two possibilities.

1. He wants Perry to be the nominee.
2. He wants Ron to be the nominee and his only way to support Ron is to trash his opponents.

bluesc
Perry?

Didn't he tear him down on immigration?

specsaregood

Obama.

specsaregood
11-18-2011, 11:59 AM

2. He wants Ron to be the nominee and his only way to support Ron is to trash his opponents.

He gets more listeners under democrat administrations.

bluesc
11-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Obama.

Yeah, not gonna happen. He needs to play the game.

Travlyr
11-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Rush has admired Ron all along but he has to pander to his audience on foreign policy.

His plan... tear Rons opponents down!! ... I can dream

All Rush Limbaugh would have to do is promote Ron Paul's book "Liberty Defined" daily for a few months and the election would be ours. That's all he would have to do because once people learn the truth about the good conservative Christian doctor, they are sold on him.

Rush is the master propagandizer.

low preference guy
11-18-2011, 12:01 PM
He gets more listeners under democrat administrations.

Sure, but I don't buy what you're implying. Not all doctors want their patients to be sick. A dentist for example once told me to floss.

specsaregood
11-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Sure, but I don't buy into what you're implying. Not all doctors want their patients to be sick. A dentist for example once told me to floss.

Well, I'm not really implying anything, just stating a fact.

wgadget
11-18-2011, 12:02 PM
I dunno..I was listening for a short while, and it sounded to me like he was defending Newt.

:confused:

Travlyr
Obama.

It will be interesting to hear Rush soften his stand on Obama.

ZanZibar
Who cares who endorses. Let him continue tearing down our opponents.It's too early. if we're the anti-Romney too soon we'll be the target of everyone's attacks.

RDM
11-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Maybe Rush is feeling his reputation is on the line. Think about it. Is he going to support crony capitalism? Is he going to support corruption? Is he going to support Rino's? Depending on where he treads, someone could expose him and bring his empire down. That empire makes him a very wealthy man. Rush is not stupid. I believe he sees the writing on the wall and he has to tread lightly, not alienating his base all at once, but pull them in another direction very slowly.

speciallyblend
11-18-2011, 12:06 PM

huntsman hehe

Bruno
11-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Meet Mr. Matt "Timing" Collins

His point is correct, imo.

low preference guy
11-18-2011, 12:10 PM

It's really hard to predict the correct timing. He could surge late and have a smear bomb that doesn't give him time to respond as well. Moreover, when RP will surge is really not in our control. I think it's an useless exercise.

specsaregood
11-18-2011, 12:11 PM
One good thing about having proven that the media is biased against you, is that it makes it all that much tougher to tear you down later. Since, they media has already proven itself as untrustworthy.

Paulistinian
11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Rush just said Hayek... who is this guy I'm listening to? He does not sound like Rush, he sounds like he wants to endorse Ron Paul.

seapilot
11-18-2011, 12:14 PM

Number 2 = Last man standing. Ron Paul supports "his" economic plan after all.

Travlyr
11-18-2011, 12:17 PM
I listened to him yesterday, and Rush still maintains his "alternative" media status against the mainstream media. Sure... Rush.... we believe whatever comes from the "Golden Microphone." Sure we do. Republicans vs. Democrats, Conservatives vs. Liberals, Rich vs. Poor... Whatever.

bluesc
11-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Rush just said Hayek... who is this guy I'm listening to? He does not sound like Rush, he sounds like he wants to endorse Ron Paul.

Didn't you hear? He's a conservative hero. Thank Glenn Beck for that.

Paulistinian
11-18-2011, 12:18 PM
"No, This is not an endorsement. This is an analysis."

Rush regarding what he's saying about Newt.

bluesc
11-18-2011, 12:19 PM
"No, This is not an endorsement. This is an analysis."

Rush regarding what he's saying about Newt.

So he's defending Newt :confused:

sailingaway
11-18-2011, 12:21 PM
If Rush would never be on our side, then Perry would be his logical choice, I would think.

But the important thing is that he says far more negative things now about our main opponents at this crucial time in the elections than he ever said about Ron Paul.

He is planting seeds of doubt that may yield some votes for us in the end, whatever his intentions actually are.

Perry doesn't match his viewers either, by a long shot. The thing is, no one does. Why should Ron's 'shortcomings' as viewed by Limbaugh be any worse than any of the others?

I don't think L would endorse Ron, but I could see him rallying if Ron got the nomination.

Paulistinian
11-18-2011, 12:23 PM
So he's defending Newt :confused:

Sort of... he didn't say anything bad about him... I think Rush isn't sure Newt has staying power, so he is not giving a full on endorsement- but if Newt did well in the first primaries, Rush would be behind him 100% I am sure of it.

iamse7en
11-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Rush reads Zero Hedge? From May 6 (http://awurl.com/V8fIG562V):

One of the websites that I keep track of on matters of economics is a place called ZeroHedge.com

How can you read Zero Hedge and not support Ron Paul? And here (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2010/09/28/is_the_fed_pumping_up_the_market), he admits the Fed is artificially pumping the markets, also plugs ZH.

Carole
11-18-2011, 12:25 PM
It's too early. if we're the anti-Romney too soon we'll be the target of everyone's attacks.

Totally agree. :)

cornell
11-18-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm not entirely sure, but I don't believe Rush endorsed any candidate in 2008. He just spoke highly negatively about the ones he disliked the most.

And just so you know, for the most part, Rush ignores Ron Paul completely. Yeah, he mentioned/endorsed the Restore America Plan, but that's basically all he has done for Ron Paul.

enjerth
11-18-2011, 12:30 PM
It's really hard to predict the correct timing. He could surge late and have a smear bomb that doesn't give him time to respond as well. Moreover, when RP will surge is really not in our control. I think it's an useless exercise.

You see, in comedy, timing is one of the most important part of telling a joke. And since politics is the biggest joke ever, timing is vital. :D

Peace&Freedom
11-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Rush was very critical of McCain during the 2008 primaries. He was clearly dismayed that the party had nominated a moderate, and some of his criticism extended into his post election sparring with Michael Steele. If Rush's sense is the direction of the party is still rudderless, that would explain why he is bashing Gingrich and Romney now.

enjerth
11-18-2011, 12:31 PM

Hayek, like "High Ek-splosives"? :D

Carole
11-18-2011, 12:33 PM
I dunno..I was listening for a short while, and it sounded to me like he was defending Newt.

:confused:

Ditto. :(

See this thread:
The Phony Right-Wing & Who is Selling Us Down the River? – Part 1: Newt Gingrich

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?330720-The-Phony-Right-Wing-amp-Who-is-Selling-Us-Down-the-River-–-Part-1-Newt-Gingrich

Tinnuhana
11-18-2011, 12:35 PM
I never heard Rush say "Keynesianism" before Ron and Peter and the crash in 2008. Now it's like an everyday part of his rants.

Aden
11-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Every time I hear Rush he is defending Cain. He probably resents Romney and Gingrich passing Cain in the polls.

Aden
11-18-2011, 12:39 PM
I never heard Rush say "Keynesianism" before Ron and Peter and the crash in 2008. Now it's like an everyday part of his rants.

Yesterday he was ranting about interest rates and inflation. He said that the low interest rates have nothing to do with inflation, and that interest rates and inflation shouldn't even be talked about together. He even mentioned that deflation is horrible. This guy still has a lot to learn.

Karsten
11-18-2011, 12:39 PM
You know what?? It's almost like we have some invisible allies out there. EVERY SINGLE ONE of Ron's opponents is getting trashed by the media, in downright dirty attacks, while Ron is merely being ignored. That's not so bad after all.

Karsten
11-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Rush was very critical of McCain during the 2008 primaries.
Yet very un-critical of very un-conservative W Bush.
I fail to see the difference between Mccain and Bush, but apparently Rush did.

donnay
11-18-2011, 12:46 PM
All Rush Limbaugh would have to do is promote Ron Paul's book "Liberty Defined" daily for a few months and the election would be ours. That's all he would have to do because once people learn the truth about the good conservative Christian doctor, they are sold on him.

Rush is the master propagandizer.

Indeed. Rush still carries the water for the GOP. He also continues to lose listeners!

lx43
11-18-2011, 12:49 PM
He even mentioned that deflation is horrible. Rush is an idiot I would love a period of deflation. I read recently that Mongolia is encouraging deflation with its policies.

Icymudpuppy
11-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Anybody have any audio clips of Rush during the W campaign in 2000 vs Gore? We should compare Rush's foreign policy talking points then and now.

Karsten
11-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Anybody have any audio clips of Rush during the W campaign in 2000 vs Gore? We should compare Rush's foreign policy talking points then and now.

That's what I was wondering. I remember a LOT of Republican talking heads Rush Hannity etc in the late 90's we're going after Clinton for getting involved in things around the world that are not in our interest. Sounding a lot like Paul. Then Bush came in and they did a 180.

11-18-2011, 01:51 PM
You know what?? It's almost like we have some invisible allies out there. EVERY SINGLE ONE of Ron's opponents is getting trashed by the media, in downright dirty attacks, while Ron is merely being ignored. That's not so bad after all.

I've noticed that trend. There are maybe 10% negative stories for Ron and all the other candidates are about 50% negative stories. Something is up. I think they are slowly giving up on the rest.

puppetmaster
11-18-2011, 02:00 PM
They are setting the stage for a new comer ....mr

Travlyr
11-18-2011, 02:12 PM
They are setting the stage for a new comer ....mr
Clint Eastwood?

eok321
11-18-2011, 02:12 PM
As a foreigner I have never listened to Rush Limbaugh and never wanted to from what i heard on here. But at some stage these guys will have to acknowledge that the wind is blowing in Rons direction and if they want to retain any credibility with a good slice of their targeted audience (Conservatives??) they will all eventually come over and support the only real Conservative Candidate.

Hannity knows this and is building bridges,Beck also.

I detest them all and could care less what they think but unfortunately people actually listen to them and base their beliefs on the rubbish that these snakes spew.

puppetmaster
11-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Clint Eastwood?

You guessed it!

georgiaboy
11-18-2011, 02:38 PM

Funny SNL skit: GOP debate where every candidate begins calling out each other's faults, gaffe's, etc., escalating into a physical fight were they all end up knocked out on the floor. All the while, Ron Paul stands at his podium minding his own business. When the smoke settles, Ron inconspicuously walks past the pile of bodies, and leaves the stage. The last man standing.

trey4sports
11-18-2011, 02:43 PM
I've noticed that trend. There are maybe 10% negative stories for Ron and all the other candidates are about 50% negative stories. Something is up. I think they are slowly giving up on the rest.

yeah, i don't think it's a concerted effort to help Ron it's just the fact that they have all quietly forgotten about him so he skates through untouched as a result.

Funny SNL skit: GOP debate where every candidate begins calling out each other's faults, gaffe's, etc., escalating into a physical fight were they all end up knocked out on the floor. All the while, Ron Paul stands at his podium minding his own business. When the smoke settles, Ron inconspicuously walks past the pile of bodies, and leaves the stage. The last man standing.

I like it.

lloydian
11-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Has anyone noticed the move up by Huntsman on Intrade the last 3 days?

Tod
11-18-2011, 02:49 PM

As with many people, it probably wasn't even on his (short-sighted) radar until then.

on Morning Joe, after the Iranian diplomat they started talking about Cain and were REALLY ripping him a new one. :D

georgiaboy
11-18-2011, 02:59 PM

does he pronounce it "Cainsianism"? ;)

roughridersten
11-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Has anyone noticed the move up by Huntsman on Intrade the last 3 days?

I've been wondering about that too. He hasn't seen a major jump in the polls has he? I'm not sure what could be driving that.

pauliticalfan
11-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Rush also quoted von Mises near the end of his show today....

lloydian
11-18-2011, 03:28 PM
I am unaware of any relevant news. I believe it is definitely
worth pondering over. Just like a rising stock on no news is often times where some of the biggest moves
commence. Is it possible Huntsman is starting a major (by default) surge? He is trading equal with RP now.

11-18-2011, 03:31 PM
I am unaware of any relevant news. I believe it is definitely
worth pondering over. Just like a rising stock on no news is often times where some of the biggest moves
commence. Is it possible Huntsman is starting a major (by default) surge? He is trading equal with RP now.

His daddy financed a half mil ad buy in nh

lloydian
11-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Very interesting - thanks for noting that. A stock chart pattern like Huntsman's
catches my eye because it just broke up from a 6 month downtrend line and has doubled
from ~ 2.5 to 5 in the last 2 weeks.

rambone
11-18-2011, 03:43 PM
does he pronounce it "Cainsianism"? ;)

I believe that the correct pronunciation.

wizardwatson
11-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Clint Eastwood?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-G1Fn8gd_ZZM/Te08MKDhBYI/AAAAAAAABPI/VTEiP7pKSRA/s800/eastwood_thats_right.gif

11-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Very interesting - thanks for noting that. A stock chart pattern like Huntsman's
catches my eye because it just broke up from a 6 month downtrend line and has doubled
from ~ 2.5 to 5 in the last 2 weeks.

You have to expect for the few who haven't got a media push yet. There's few choices left, so people will buy the rest speculating

rambone
11-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Rush does not need to endorse candidates to sway voters. His silence on critical issues speaks volumes. Why does he spend inordinate amounts of time defending Cain's B.S. scandals when he should be warning America that half the GOP field supported BAILOUTS?

Zero mention of critical information.

Zero mention of Cain's cheerleading for TARP bailouts and utter ignorance of foreign affairs. Zero mention of Romney's gun grabbing and support of bailouts. Zero mention of Gingrich voting for the Fairness Doctrine, helping create the Federal Deptartment of Education, advocacy of bailouts, support of carbon caps and mandatory flex-fuel vehicles. Zero mention of Perry's landgrabbing for foreign corporations and support of bailouts.

Rush is the king of propaganda!! A tool of the Military-Industrial Complex. His agenda is to keep the Establishment in power. Any pro-war candidate will do.

rambone
11-18-2011, 04:20 PM
I wrote this in September. This is the function of Rush Limbaugh.

DON'T expect an endorsement of Ron Paul before the primaries. But Rush WILL be there to carry Republican water if/when Ron Paul wins the nomination.

Yesterday, following the CNN Tea Party Republican Debate, Rush Limbaugh opened his show by saying that Ron Paul should join the Democrat Party. Yes, Ron Paul, the same candidate who is indisputably the most fiscally conservative guy on the stage, bar none. The candidate who has never voted for an unbalanced budget, never voted to raise taxes, supports 100% gun rights, is against the U.N., supports smaller government and actually means it, on and on. Ron Paul is a true "republican" in the old sense of the word, before the term became tainted with neo-conservatism.

Why would old Rushie say that? Is there no room for a real constitutionalist in his party?

First you must understand something.

Why does America bounce back and forth between statists from the Left and statists from the right? The answer is that you are trained from birth to accept the Left-Right Paradigm. You are taught to align yourself with one side and then mold your views so that you match up with the paradigm that the Establishment has framed for us. Both sides are framed as strategically supporting some rights and disparaging others. Most importantly, it keeps you thinking that these are the only two worldviews to adopt.

If you like gun rights and mildly lower taxes, then you must be a right-winger and you must also accept prohibition, foreign interventionism, a police state, and you must defend the continuous stream of douchebag Republicans whom the Establishment chooses to lead the party.

If you like other civil liberties and mildly less war, then you must be a left-winger and you must also accept a welfare state, class warfare, openly push for nationalizing agencies, and you must defend the continuous stream of douchebag Democrats whom the Establishment chooses to lead the party.

What does this have to do with Rush Limbaugh?

His job is to keep you stuck on being a "Right-winger." He will reel you in by making some economic sense. You will feel comfortable with him being the figurehead of modern "conservatism" and subconsciously shape your beliefs to line up with his. The more you embrace being a hardcore right-winger, the better. You are religiously taught to hate anything that does not fall into "Conservatism" as he defines it, most of all, liberals.

Soon like an invisible switch in your mind, you have a negative reaction to anything "liberal", associated with civil liberties, critical of war, critical of your Party leader, critical of prohibition, etc.

Somebody like Ron Paul shatters the Left-Right Paradigm, and makes people realize that they can coherently be for less spending and less war at the same time! They can be for less agencies and civil liberties at the same time! They can be for gun rights and for privacy rights at the same time!! This is incredible! I thought I was supposed to hate the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th amendments, since they are pro-criminal like Rush told me.

It is humorous to hear Rush Limbaugh speak about Ron Paul because it exposes him for being the Establishment Gatekeeper that he really is. You see, fiscal conservatism, is not Rush's goal. Instead, Limbaugh's career revolves around:

keeping you stuck in the Left-Right Paradigm
electing the Republican Establishment
preserving the Military-Industrial Complex
keeping you occupied with the petty bashing of Democrats
keeping your eyes from focusing on the unfolding Police State

Understanding all of this will help you understand Rush's comments. The fact that Ron Paul is even being discussed on this so-called hardcore "conservative's" show is a sign that Paul is within striking distance of beating the Establishment candidates. Normally Paul would not be mentioned, if only briefly for a jab about him being a "kook."

Rush betrayed you. In your heart you know it to be true.

Limbaugh thinks that Ron Paul is so dangerous to the Paradigm, that he will destroy the whole Republican Party, when in reality, he's the best thing that the Republican Party has going for it on the national stage.

Clem Kadiddlehopper
11-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Every time I hear Rush he is defending Cain. He probably resents Romney and Gingrich passing Cain in the polls.

A few weeks ago, Limbaugh informed his listeners that the Cain campaign had purchased advertising time during his show. I'm sure that has some influence on what he chooses to say about Cain.