PDA

View Full Version : "Today, he could win Iowa" - Mark Halperin on Ron Paul on Morning Joe

Gage
11-18-2011, 05:06 AM
Just now. Hope for a Tube.

michaelkellenger
11-18-2011, 05:23 AM
Saw it. Mika said that she hoped Ron would come on the show again. She wants the candidates that don't sound like they are selling books to come on (she mentioned Ron, Huntsman, and Romney).

11-18-2011, 06:56 AM
Wow

CaptUSA
11-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Still hoping we'll fly under the radar for a while longer...

bluesc
11-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Do Republicans watch Morning Joe?

trey4sports
11-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Do Republicans watch Morning Joe?

Doubt it, but It's better than nothing.

11-18-2011, 07:46 AM
That's quite the turnaround for them from their comments during BTO.

LeJimster
11-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Still hoping we'll fly under the radar for a while longer...

Paul is coming alive at the right time. This is when McCain started to make his way up in the polls, so it's very good timing.

Xenophage
11-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Paul is coming alive at the right time. This is when McCain started to make his way up in the polls, so it's very good timing.

I thought everyone was writing him off until he won NH.

Bruno
11-18-2011, 09:34 AM

As I recollect, it was just before or after the Iowa caucuses. Out of nowhere came the media push.

LibertyEagle
11-18-2011, 09:41 AM
As I recollect, it was just before or after the Iowa caucuses. Out of nowhere came the media push.

Yup. I still remember the very small article in the paper that prefaced it. It was about a group of wealthy individuals heading down to NH to talk to McCain.

kylejack
11-18-2011, 09:44 AM
1/4/2008 Iowa caucus, McCain is 4th with 13.03%
1/8/2008 New Hampshire primary, McCain first with 37%
1/11/2008 McCain hit frontrunner on the national RCP average with 25%

It's all a momentum game.

kylejack
11-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Interesting fact: Giuliani still was the national frontrunner on the day of the Iowa caucus. He ended up taking fewer votes than Paul in the states where they both competed before he dropped out. National polls are totally meaningless in a primary process.

MomsBasement
11-18-2011, 10:00 AM
McCain's media push actually started in December on the day of Leiberman's endorsement.

Luieburger
11-18-2011, 11:08 AM
This looks like it is close, but not quite the quote that is in the original post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBaWClZ8lB4

mwkaufman
11-18-2011, 11:30 AM

McCain had a huge month in the December New Hampshire polls. To start the month he was around 15.6% which isn't far from where Paul is now, but at the end of the month, he was up almost 13 points to 28.3%. Giuliani was collapsing at the same time, only from 30% to 20% nationally, but from 18.4% to 10.5% in New Hampshire.

McCain had a decent month nationally, going from like 12% to 16%, but it's really the state polls that determine a campaign's outcome, and Giuliani couldn't compete in Iowa or New Hampshire.

TomtheTinker
11-18-2011, 11:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBaWClZ8lB4

Bruno
11-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Ron Paul supporters have memories of elephants (and exceptional interweb skillz) :D

Say something enough and people will believe it. Thompson, Guiliani, McCain, Bachmann, Perry, Cain, etc. all have been so obviously pushed by the media, then the polls reflected it, then lather, rinse, repeat as needed with another non-Paul candidate.

Ron Paul's support is despite the media attention, not because of it.

amonasro
11-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Yeah and after losing in IA & NH, the Ghoul unsuccessfully threw everything he had into Florida before dropping out. Hopefully it's reminiscent of how the Cain train will ultimately derail.

Edit: on second thought, Giuliani actually had organization and ground game. Cain doesn't.

Paulistinian
11-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Yeah and after losing in IA & NH, the Ghoul unsuccessfully threw everything he had into Florida before dropping out. Hopefully it's reminiscent of how the Cain train will ultimately derail.

Edit: on second thought, Giuliani actually had organization and ground game. Cain doesn't.

Romney has said he's betting the farm on Florida.

Feelgood
11-18-2011, 12:21 PM
I can tell you that Cain is advertising and actively campaigning here in Florida.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/as-poll-numbers-fall-cain-makes-s-fla-1970856.html

kylejack
11-18-2011, 12:37 PM
The funniest thing about Perry forgetting about the Energy Department is that he made such a big deal in the governor's race of Bill White being Deputy Energy Secretary and not releasing his tax returns from that period.

Deborah K
11-18-2011, 12:43 PM
I cannot stand Mark Halperin. He always grades the candidates' debate performances and gives Ron a C or D. Did you hear him state that if Flip Flopney loses Iowa to Ron it won't matter but if he loses it to anyone else it will??????? I can't stand that asshole!!!

Carole
11-18-2011, 12:56 PM

It was after Iowa and before New Hampshire. McCain was in the toilet just before the NH Primary and he went down to Florida for a meeting with Joe Liebermann and some Jewish leaders. When he returned to NH and gave those awful scary momonets at a town hall about there being many more wars and terrible injuries, etc. (People's mouths dropped open at the event), suddenly, just when any sane person would have thought he was dead in the water, he shot into the lead and won the primary in NH.

(Head spins around again at the very memory of this-how could it have happened unless they flip-flopped/manipulated the votes somehow in NH?) The man was literally scaring people to death and yet he won??????????????????

See map:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hampshire_primary,_2008

Uriah
11-18-2011, 01:24 PM
It was after Iowa and before New Hampshire. McCain was in the toilet just before the NH Primary and he went down to Florida for a meeting with Joe Liebermann and some Jewish leaders. When he returned to NH and gave those awful scary momonets at a town hall about there being many more wars and terrible injuries, etc. (People's mouths dropped open at the event), suddenly, just when any sane person would have thought he was dead in the water, he shot into the lead and won the primary in NH.

(Head spins around again at the very memory of this-how could it have happened unless they flip-flopped/manipulated the votes somehow in NH?) The man was literally scaring people to death and yet he won??????????????????

See map:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hampshire_primary,_2008

He scared the **** outta me. I couldn't believe he won NH. But again I did see that video of the NH state auditor and that "tamper proof" tape they put on the door and the ballot boxes. Certainly looks like fraud was involved.

Eric21ND
11-18-2011, 01:34 PM
That was Barnacle talking. I'm shocked he said something positive!

ZanZibar
11-18-2011, 02:16 PM
I can tell you that Cain is advertising and actively campaigning here in Florida. That's because he is an idiot :rolleyes:

But better for him to spend his money there than in Iowa :D